Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player after Player it seems 23:34 - Mar 15 with 2880 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Prepared to lay the blame at Evans feet referring to budget and wages. Chambo and Skuse now had a go, who’s next I wonder?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Player after Player it seems on 08:24 - Mar 16 with 2739 viewsBluestu

Thing is if we paid higher wages and paid fees for signings neither of them would probably be here as we would be going for a better player in the first place
Player after Player it seems on 08:46 - Mar 16 with 2718 viewsclive_baker

Reading between the lines, what they’re really saying is the likes of Bru, Hyam, Spence etc. aren’t going to get you in the top 6 of the championship, so unless we want to go out and spend £10m we need to be realistic about our expectations, and that’s down to ME, not MM. I don’t disagree with that to be fair.

The point that appears to be missed is that the frustrations aren’t all centred around league position. Of course we all want to see Ipswich at the top of he tree but for me personally, that’s not the real gripe. Mick served a purpose when he came in and he’s done a good job, fair play to him. What I want to see moving forward however is a more attractive and less direct brand of football, a strategy beyond the end of our noses, a manager who will throw a little caution to the wind and favour some of our home grown talent like Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam, Dozzell, Morris ahead of ageing journeyman (injuries have forced Micks hand to an extent but Marriott to MM is like Rhodes to Keane. Smash every record at youth and reserve level and you’re cast off to be replaced by Leon Best), a manager that will show intent in cup competitions to at least try and pursue an FA cup run, a manager that will install the confidence to force games and have the will to attack and maybe, just maybe a manager that away to our fiercest rivals, live in front of the nation, who doesn’t tell his own supporters to fk off.

We’re a proud club with proud traditions of developing youth, playing football on the deck and conducting ourselves in a professional and sporting manner. I don’t see many of these traits in the club currently.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Player after Player it seems on 08:50 - Mar 16 with 2698 viewsitfcjoe

Player after Player it seems on 08:46 - Mar 16 by clive_baker

Reading between the lines, what they’re really saying is the likes of Bru, Hyam, Spence etc. aren’t going to get you in the top 6 of the championship, so unless we want to go out and spend £10m we need to be realistic about our expectations, and that’s down to ME, not MM. I don’t disagree with that to be fair.

The point that appears to be missed is that the frustrations aren’t all centred around league position. Of course we all want to see Ipswich at the top of he tree but for me personally, that’s not the real gripe. Mick served a purpose when he came in and he’s done a good job, fair play to him. What I want to see moving forward however is a more attractive and less direct brand of football, a strategy beyond the end of our noses, a manager who will throw a little caution to the wind and favour some of our home grown talent like Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam, Dozzell, Morris ahead of ageing journeyman (injuries have forced Micks hand to an extent but Marriott to MM is like Rhodes to Keane. Smash every record at youth and reserve level and you’re cast off to be replaced by Leon Best), a manager that will show intent in cup competitions to at least try and pursue an FA cup run, a manager that will install the confidence to force games and have the will to attack and maybe, just maybe a manager that away to our fiercest rivals, live in front of the nation, who doesn’t tell his own supporters to fk off.

We’re a proud club with proud traditions of developing youth, playing football on the deck and conducting ourselves in a professional and sporting manner. I don’t see many of these traits in the club currently.

It's definitely time for a change - I know it's not the same but you hear all the talk from Man U fans about Mourinho and it all rings true.

Especially with regards to the lowering of ambitions - and the legends speaking out about it.

Most would state that Mick has done a good job on the whole, but he's no longer doing the right job for what we want

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Player after Player it seems on 09:36 - Mar 16 with 2646 viewsArnieM

..... well the players are not far off the the real truth are they !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Player after Player it seems on 19:12 - Mar 16 with 2537 viewsmadmouse1959

If the truth is known these players are just looking after their own interests and livelihood by diverting attention on to Marcus Evans.
(Even though he must ultimately be responsible for this mess)

These players know dam well if McCarthy stays in the job their own future is a little bit more secure for the immediate future. A lot more secure than joining the "journeyman trail".

shampoo dave

Player after Player it seems on 19:22 - Mar 16 with 2510 viewsLord_Lucan

Player after Player it seems on 19:12 - Mar 16 by madmouse1959

If the truth is known these players are just looking after their own interests and livelihood by diverting attention on to Marcus Evans.

These players know dam well if McCarthy stays in the job their own future is a little bit more secure for the immediate future. A lot more secure than joining the "journeyman trail".

Bullseye

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Player after Player it seems on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 2381 viewslongtimefan

Player after Player it seems on 19:12 - Mar 16 by madmouse1959

Does that mean you expect the new manager to be given money to replace these players? If it does I think you’ll sadly be disappointed.
Player after Player it seems on 22:57 - Mar 16 with 2334 viewsReuser_is_God

Player after Player it seems on 08:46 - Mar 16 by clive_baker

Spot on Clive.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024