Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket survey - results 13:50 - Mar 19 with 1277 viewsitfcjoe

See below for results and some comments - I appreciate it isn';t representative because those who generally shout loudest will be those who are wanting to make their point about being anti-Mick. But even on this small sample - read in conjunction with the comments the club has to be aware at the complete breakdown with the fans.

Cost is generally seen as ok, which I'd tend to agree with. For full disclosure I will be renewing my ST one way or another.

Also a small bit on the bottom re impact of trains and travel mentioned by PrideOfTheEast

Season ticket holders, will renew — 54
Season ticket holders, will cancel — 36
Non-Season ticket holders, will purchase one — 2
Non/Former Season ticket holders, will not purchase one — 31

Why not renewing/not purchasing?
Mick staying — 43
Combination of Mick staying and cost — 10
Cost alone — 3
Evans/club strategy — 8
Over 60’s issue — 5
Travel, especially rail - 4

If MEG think price reductions will get people back in they are so out of touch it's frightening.

Cost has never been the issue for me, a change of manager would make me get another one

I'll renew regardless for next season

I’ll be renewing, always will

I will be renewing as usual

It would take a significant price drop and a change in manager before my group and I considered buying season tickets again.

As soon as McCarthy goes I will renew my season ticket

I will be renewing and hope MM is here as well

Renew whatever

Renewing no matter what.

I'll renew whatever.

Probably won't get one next year as it hasn't changed and it still shocking football, went to 6 games this year, money not the issue Change of Manager / Owner desperately needed you can't keep floggin a dead horse

I ’ll get a ST if...a change in manager along with a change in strategy by the club.

I will not be purchasing a season ticket, furthermore I will not be attending any games until Mick has left the club.

Therefore I cannot see any scenario that would tempt me back to a season ticket apart from a change of owner.

A good price reduction would be a sweetener, but the main reason for not renewing is the boring football that Mick serves up

I’ll only renew if it’s confirmed MM is leaving

Renewing, can’t imagine any circumstance where I wouldn’t.

1 who did not renew last season but has come to some matches will renew if Mick leaves.

I am taking it further than you in that I will only renew if Mccarthy is still the manager

Change of manager, seniors reinstated and statement from owner (required)

I'll renew no matter what.

Will not renew if MM stays. 33yrs ST holder

I'll almost certainly renew because it would break my heart not to.......

Was on the verge of giving it up last summer but at the last minute decided to give it one more go. Frankly I wish I hadn’t bothered! The first thing I have to say is that if MM is still there next season you couldn’t pay me to come back. Having said that our problems go way beyond the manager.

I don’t believe a word that comes from the Evans regime so it would take an obvious change in approach by our illustrious owner before I even consider renewing.

Gave season ticket up 2 seasons ago because of McCarthy's boring hoof ball style of football. Will renew when football returns to Portman Road.

ST holder for 25 years. Undecided.

I didn't renew at the start of this season as we were rudderless and hadn't addressed any of the issues. We still haven't. If I see an investment strategy, some honest comms with fans and an effort to mend our fractured fan base I'd consider it. Price is a peripheral consideration, but the DD removes most of the pain.

As a Senior season ticket holder, I will be renewing. I would prefer a change of Manager as MM has divided the fan base just too far.

After 31 years as a season ticket holder I will not be renewing as I find the experience of going to Portman road these days are boring ,yes the football is boring but I think the club need a good shake up from top to bottom

I currently have a season ticket. I will only renew if Mick leaves.

The price isn’t a issue it’s the manager he’s still in charge I won’t be renewing not even for 50% off.

A season ticket holder, so I will be renewing even if Mick is in charge, purely because I don't want to break my run of games, even though I want the bloke gone and would pay double my season ticket price to do so!

No doubt about it, I will renew once again. Habit over logic, maybe, but I still love going to games.

I 'm seriously considering not renewing my ticket (or my daughter's) unless we get a positive managerial appointment that gives some hope to the fans and a serious message of intent from the club as to their future aspirations.

I would buy a ST tomorrow for me and the whole family if it were circa £200.

My son and I will not renew unless (1) McCarthy has gone by the Early Bird deadline, or (2) it has been announced by then that he is leaving. Price, and any of the other factors you mention, are not issues. We simply cannot put up with another season of McCarthy.

I'll be renewing, no questions asked. We'd could be playing in the Conference South and i'd still be there.

no ST renewal unless both MM leave and ME sets out and follows through with a true strategy for #itfc, it’s not about the money for me either. Even halving the price would make no difference

Seriously considering my position. Managerial change plus price drop gets me aboard for 2018-19.

Same for me, cost isn't the issue, Mick has to go and Evans has to appoint the right kind of manager and make it clear he's going to make an effort to change the ethos of the club.

Had a season ticket for nearly 20 years and seriously considering not renewing if MM stays.

Me and my boy will renew only if MM leaves. Football is dreadful and doesn’t encourage a 7 year old to follow his local team. Price not a factor.

I'll probably renew but my wishes are a new manager and some direction from Evans as to how we really compete.

Money not an issue, but an increase will simply not be tolerated, a decrease a move in the right direction, but bottom line is manager has to go and the right man in with correct ethos. Until we know what is happening both on and off the pitch a decision simply cannot be made.

I will be renewing but i am firmly in the corner of mick has to go and have been for a couple of years now. I'm renewing as i love going to support Ipswich but every game becomes more of a chore

Current ST holder. WILL be renewing. Situation needs addressing massively, but a no-brainer for me.

1.MM leaves. 2. Significant price drop. 3. Clear intention from club to repair damage done be MM. 4. Investment in playing staff

I'm a ST holder. I will be renewing regardless. I love supporting my club, and love going and sitting with the people around me.

Renewing season ticket come what may.

Will be renewing because I support the club

Not a season ticket holder, cancelled last year because I couldn’t afford it, won’t be purchasing next year again due to the cost and would have to be a significant drop for me to afford it.

I'm a season ticket holder BUT will only renew if Mick McCarthy has left the club.

Yhe cost for me isn’t a problem, I would get a ST next season if MM goes. I have had been following Ipswich for 40 years home and away..nowadays I can honestly say I don’t have much interest in going and that’s 100 percent down to McCarthy.

Will renew if McCarthy is gone

I ended up going to most home games this year and buying ticket bundles, so will be buying a ST for 2018/19 to make life simpler.

Quite simple if McCarthy’s still there I won’t be - enough is enough can’t stand the pain that is watching @Official_ITFC these days

Season ticket holder, undecided about renewing but if MM leaves I will definitely renew.

Renewing, dunno why tho, change needed

Season ticket holder but genuinely considering not renewing for 1st time ever! Bored most weeks, negativity & moaning in an empty stadium caused by broken relationship between manager/owner & fans to blame.

Renewing as things stand. I don't care if they win or lose

if Mick goes I'd renew tomorrow

I think I speak for most fans when I say I couldn’t care less about a price reduction, It’s not about the money!

Mick gone at same price = ST purchase Mick gone & price reduction = ST purchase + potential academy investment Mick stays & free tickets = no thanks

Next season is completely up in the air for me! Don’t think a price drop significant enough will happen to attract fans! Change of manager would be more appealing! Next season will be my 26th and have no clue at this point what I’m going to do?!?!

Not a ST holder, not about to be one whilst we appear to have an uncaring owner, devoid of conscience about his responsibilities to our Club

I am a season ticket holder. Personally I won’t be renewing if mick is still there. The price isn’t very important to me. it’s my time I value more as I only have 2 days off a week, feel it could be better spent doing other things

No I won’t be and won’t be returning until there is active social engagement with the fan base. It’s become a chore, pricing and attitude stinks and isn’t helped by the myriad of attack’s by the manager.

Change of manager (new man lined up already a bonus), a price drop or no increase and a clear plan for the future gets me renewing. Mick staying means I cancel

But you always support the team come what may. Always renew unless income changes.

Had no season ticket this year (first time in 25 years) I would get one right away if Mick left and we had hope of becoming a football team again

Cost won't influence my decision but obviously wouldn't be sniffed at. I will only cone back to Portman Rd once McCarthy has gone.

Gave up my ST after 12 years in 2014 when I joined the forces. Personal finance & impracticalities were the reasons. I've missed it incredibly. Probably in a position where I could just about justify it again, however, if the status quo remains the club couldn't GIVE me one

Too expensive not just the season ticket travel costs food and drink

A significant price drop would be needed for me .

Not renewing unless new manager in.

Mick stays then absolute huge reduction in ST price for me to purchase. Mick goes I’m back in the game.

I have regretted renewing all season! This year I’ll be halting the renewal process unless they offer large % discount (15-25%). McCarthy leaving might change my view but I’m not certain.

A manager change and I would go back in a heart beat and would probably bring my two girls now, or in a years time. I’m cool with the cost

Travel
I don't even mind having to switch to a bus part of the way if it's not every journey, but having to get to/from Newbury Park is a massive put off.
the lack of entertainment and the generally negativity around the club play a part, but so do the regular travel problems (the rail replacement between London and Ipswich).

My main problem is getting to and from Ipswich, don't drive and wouldn't anyway as I like a beer or two at a game. I'm with xxx, the train situation is what is stopping me going. 4-5 hours travelling, 5 changes, constant bus replacement services not to mention being charged £60+ (advance tkt) for the privilege...it's a nightmare.

Ultimately it adds another hour each way to the journey from London which is significant especially when the team aren't doing well and the atmosphere is negative.

It's not just engineering work though, it's the train back on a Tuesday night. Up until the end of 2004 the then rail franchise holder used to hold the 21:43 (or equivalent) for ten minutes, most of which it then caught up before reaching Liverpool Street. Now there is a choice of missing the last few minutes or being nearly an hour later back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ticket survey - results on 13:53 - Mar 19 with 1226 viewsKieran_Knows

Good work Joe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So 59%-72% of those that say..... on 13:58 - Mar 19 with 1220 viewsBloots

...they won't renew are blaming the manager.

While 11% are blaming the owner.

Laughable.

Only 4 more people blame the owner than they do Greater Anglia.

Our fans are divs.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Season ticket survey - results on 14:00 - Mar 19 with 1201 viewsSteve_M

Cheers Joe, it's been an interesting exercise already. I look forward to hearing how the forum goes.

What the above shows is that, ultimately, what happens on the pitch dictates how people feel about the club. The failure to build on 2014-15 is really frustrating because that season did re-energise the club as a whole.

There is, of course, plenty else the club could do relatively cheaply to improve the state of the ground and the attitude of fans. Secondary factors, yes, but it would show they are thinking about things.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Season ticket survey - results on 14:02 - Mar 19 with 1193 viewsEastTownBlue

Thanks - some interesting yet disappointing reading there for the club we all love. I’m with the majority there.
So 59%-72% of those that say..... on 14:55 - Mar 19 with 1093 viewsFreddy

So 59%-72% of those that say..... on 13:58 - Mar 19 by Bloots

...they won't renew are blaming the manager.

While 11% are blaming the owner.

Laughable.

Only 4 more people blame the owner than they do Greater Anglia.

Our fans are divs.

With all the rumours that season ticket prices are going down suspect more will renew than first thought, though guess many will hold on until early June when Mick's future is decided
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024