Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! 10:57 - Mar 23 with 2440 viewsDoseOfReality

http://www.the42.ie/shane-supple-bohemians-ipswich-dublin-3098525-Nov2016/
Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:17 - Mar 23 with 2370 viewsDarth_Koont

That was such a good side in 2004-05 from a perspective of the total being greater than the sum of its parts.
It's incredible to think there was still that lack of self-belief and motivation to succeed from a few players.

I wonder who was complaining about their holidays being disrupted by the play-offs? Actually, I'd rather not know as it'll likely spoil some memories.

Pronouns: He/Him

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:23 - Mar 23 with 2344 viewsRyorry

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:17 - Mar 23 by Darth_Koont

That was such a good side in 2004-05 from a perspective of the total being greater than the sum of its parts.
It's incredible to think there was still that lack of self-belief and motivation to succeed from a few players.

I wonder who was complaining about their holidays being disrupted by the play-offs? Actually, I'd rather not know as it'll likely spoil some memories.

Maybe they just needed a better manager to inspire them?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:36 - Mar 23 with 2291 viewsLord_Lucan

It's an old story but worth the read again nevertheless.

The point about players not wanting to go up because they fear they won't get another contract is a very real thing that goes on more than you think. Similarly why do you think it's our older pro's that are verbally backing Mick Mack?

Another thing he is spot on with is the way kids are pampered from an extremely young age, they have no life skills, and as for the pros, if a prem footballer buys a new TV or music system he will not install it, the club will send someone round to do it.

Modern football is rubbish.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:36 - Mar 23 with 2293 viewsRedX

I only watched Shane play for club last Monday evening. Unfortunately for him and his club, they lost 3-0.
Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:53 - Mar 23 with 2232 viewsDarth_Koont

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:23 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

Maybe they just needed a better manager to inspire them?

Than Royle? He got an amazing amount out of that group. Which was basically all the players we couldn't sell plus Darren Bent.

I think it's more about those individuals as people. Makes sense - we're all different but still surprised that there can be players who just see football as a job and the comfier the better. You'd have thought they'd have struggled to get that far.

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:58 - Mar 23 with 2209 viewsRyorry

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:53 - Mar 23 by Darth_Koont

Than Royle? He got an amazing amount out of that group. Which was basically all the players we couldn't sell plus Darren Bent.

I think it's more about those individuals as people. Makes sense - we're all different but still surprised that there can be players who just see football as a job and the comfier the better. You'd have thought they'd have struggled to get that far.

Don't get me wrong, I rated Royle very highly, but what I meant was that at his age and position in the game, he might not have been the best person to motivate those youngsters to think ahead & consider what they could become and achieve in the future, at a time when he wouldn't be around.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 12:07 - Mar 23 with 2151 viewsBlueBadger

Another one ruined by Mick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 12:10 - Mar 23 with 2137 viewsDarth_Koont

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 11:58 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

Don't get me wrong, I rated Royle very highly, but what I meant was that at his age and position in the game, he might not have been the best person to motivate those youngsters to think ahead & consider what they could become and achieve in the future, at a time when he wouldn't be around.

Why? He'd have been around for a good few years if we'd been promoted.

And I don't think this is about youngsters but senior players.

Login to get fewer ads

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 12:19 - Mar 23 with 2102 viewsDeano69

Interesting read

Nothing in there makes me think its made up or porkie pies, can totally believe it all.

Forgot about Didz and Best scoring against us

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Remember Shane Supple & why he left ... Speaks volumes !! on 13:46 - Mar 23 with 1954 viewschristiand

I always thought Shane Supple was a terrific young keeper. Never the biggest, but he had so many qualities to his game he could’ve been a top keeper IMO.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024