Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Considering it was a game of football 18:53 - Apr 7 with 3046 viewsGarv

“They were getting frustrated, our only downside was that we weren’t good enough with the ball."

Is a very odd thing to say.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Considering it was a game of football on 18:56 - Apr 7 with 3017 viewsJ2BLUE

It amazes me that when there is plenty to criticise people have to resort to things like this, deliberately missing the point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Considering it was a game of football on 18:56 - Apr 7 with 3001 viewsBlueBadger

'I am upset about something bland a man has said at a press conference' is a very odd thing to say.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Considering it was a game of football on 18:58 - Apr 7 with 3001 viewsBackToRussia

Considering it was a game of football on 18:56 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

It amazes me that when there is plenty to criticise people have to resort to things like this, deliberately missing the point.

It's a fair point though. It has become slightly absurd. He also said "nothing was happening" before their goal as some sort of indication that we'd done well. It really is anti-football.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Considering it was a game of football on 19:03 - Apr 7 with 2970 viewsJ2BLUE

Considering it was a game of football on 18:58 - Apr 7 by BackToRussia

It's a fair point though. It has become slightly absurd. He also said "nothing was happening" before their goal as some sort of indication that we'd done well. It really is anti-football.

That's a fair point. It does seem like we go into games like this with no real conviction that we can win them. We seem to set up to make it as difficult as possible for the opposition and if they find a way through and win, at least we put the effort in. If we nick one from a set piece etc and win then brilliant. I was thinking about this on the way home from work. It really is a stupid way to set up. Outside of the top 3-4 sides in the division away from home we shouldn't be setting up to contain anyone.

Truly impaired.

Considering it was a game of football on 19:05 - Apr 7 with 2955 viewsBackToRussia

Considering it was a game of football on 19:03 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

That's a fair point. It does seem like we go into games like this with no real conviction that we can win them. We seem to set up to make it as difficult as possible for the opposition and if they find a way through and win, at least we put the effort in. If we nick one from a set piece etc and win then brilliant. I was thinking about this on the way home from work. It really is a stupid way to set up. Outside of the top 3-4 sides in the division away from home we shouldn't be setting up to contain anyone.

Absolutely. And what sort of message does it send to the players? That you're not good enough to go out and beat Brentford. Yes, don't put 3 up and tell them to pass it out from the back but there's surely a middle ground to being sensible and ambitious in your play.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Considering it was a game of football on 19:56 - Apr 7 with 2861 viewsGarv

Considering it was a game of football on 18:56 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

'I am upset about something bland a man has said at a press conference' is a very odd thing to say.

Why are you a member of this forum?

You might as well tell Phil to give up his job as there's clearly no point in holding these press conferences.

Considering it was a game of football on 19:59 - Apr 7 with 2820 viewsBlueBadger

Considering it was a game of football on 19:56 - Apr 7 by Garv

Why are you a member of this forum?

You might as well tell Phil to give up his job as there's clearly no point in holding these press conferences.

I suspect he'd probably like to give up covering pressures given the amount that people manage to get themselves worked up and silly about them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Considering it was a game of football on 20:01 - Apr 7 with 2820 viewsGarv

So actually it doesn't amaze you, and it's actually a valid point?

Login to get fewer ads

Considering it was a game of football on 20:12 - Apr 7 with 2792 viewsGarv

Considering it was a game of football on 19:59 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

I suspect he'd probably like to give up covering pressures given the amount that people manage to get themselves worked up and silly about them.

If you don't want to see people discussing their football club and related topics, I suggest you look elsewhere.

If you think that's someone getting worked up I'd also say it's you being sensitive.

Considering it was a game of football on 20:14 - Apr 7 with 2780 viewsJ2BLUE

Considering it was a game of football on 20:01 - Apr 7 by Garv

So actually it doesn't amaze you, and it's actually a valid point?

No you knew exactly what MM meant.

Truly impaired.

Considering it was a game of football on 20:15 - Apr 7 with 2780 viewschristiand

Those are my sentiments too J2Blue. We’re so defensive in the way we approach games soon as we concede and go behind invariably that’s game over!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 20:18]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Considering it was a game of football on 20:24 - Apr 7 with 2750 viewslongtimefan

Considering it was a game of football on 20:15 - Apr 7 by christiand

Those are my sentiments too J2Blue. We’re so defensive in the way we approach games soon as we concede and go behind invariably that’s game over!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 20:18]

Invariably means on every occasion. I give you our previous game against Millwall
Considering it was a game of football on 20:29 - Apr 7 with 2734 viewschristiand

Considering it was a game of football on 20:24 - Apr 7 by longtimefan

Invariably means on every occasion. I give you our previous game against Millwall

Thanks for pointing that out longtimefan, perhaps another choice of adverb would’ve been better. Just wish we did look threatening particularly when do fall behind as in most cases we struggle to get back into games, although I appreciate there are the ‘odd’ exceptions!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Considering it was a game of football on 21:25 - Apr 7 with 2650 viewsGarv

Considering it was a game of football on 20:14 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

No you knew exactly what MM meant.

I think it's an incredible thing to say when just before you've said you were very happy with the performance.

Considering it was a game of football on 00:58 - Apr 8 with 2551 viewsBlueBadger

Considering it was a game of football on 20:12 - Apr 7 by Garv

If you don't want to see people discussing their football club and related topics, I suggest you look elsewhere.

If you think that's someone getting worked up I'd also say it's you being sensitive.

I'm not the one who's started an actual thread dedicated to over-analysing a press conference cliche, here, chuckles.

Considering it was a game of football on 07:41 - Apr 8 with 2468 viewsPinewoodblue

Considering it was a game of football on 20:29 - Apr 7 by christiand

Thanks for pointing that out longtimefan, perhaps another choice of adverb would’ve been better. Just wish we did look threatening particularly when do fall behind as in most cases we struggle to get back into games, although I appreciate there are the ‘odd’ exceptions!

Nothing wrong with your choice of adverb. Language evolves and in modern times invariably means always, or almost always. We go behind the game is almost always over.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Considering it was a game of football on 12:45 - Apr 8 with 2317 viewsGarv

Considering it was a game of football on 00:58 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

I'm not the one who's started an actual thread dedicated to over-analysing a press conference cliche, here, chuckles.

When you look at the fact that it's brought on discussion further down the thread, I'd say it was fair comment. If it doesn't interest you, ignore it and keep scrolling. I don't know why you bother.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024