Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok Amber 17:47 - Apr 8 with 1637 viewsstewartm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/police-cuts-amber-rudd-rising-cri

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Ok Amber on 21:30 - Apr 8 with 1539 viewsSwansea_Blue

We keep hearing this. Then the chief of police trotts out the same party line as she's putting an extra 300 bobbies (or whatever the number is) on the beat. If cuts aren't having an adverse effect why are they effectively wasting money with the reinforcements? Could it be that they have recognised the cuts are having an effect and they need extra manpower? Just maybe?

Someone's telling us porkies.

Edit - I don't know if numbers are an issue, but there's certainly an inconsistency between Amber's statement (andthe police chief's) and their actions.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 21:32]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ok Amber on 21:34 - Apr 8 with 1527 viewsfooters

Ok Amber on 21:30 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

We keep hearing this. Then the chief of police trotts out the same party line as she's putting an extra 300 bobbies (or whatever the number is) on the beat. If cuts aren't having an adverse effect why are they effectively wasting money with the reinforcements? Could it be that they have recognised the cuts are having an effect and they need extra manpower? Just maybe?

Edit - I don't know if numbers are an issue, but there's certainly an inconsistency between Amber's statement (andthe police chief's) and their actions.

'Record investment in the police' - see also Tory excuses re: the NHS.

Numbers cut by 21k, countless stations closed. Rudd is a horrible charlatan. Honestly one of the worst politicians in a generation.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ok Amber on 22:07 - Apr 8 with 1497 viewsLord_Lucan

Ok Amber on 21:34 - Apr 8 by footers

Numbers cut by 21k, countless stations closed. Rudd is a horrible charlatan. Honestly one of the worst politicians in a generation.

She is terrible.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ok Amber on 06:50 - Apr 9 with 1427 viewsBlueBadger

The trouble with the current lt, whatever side of the house, if that the vanishing few(and diminishing) numbers of honourable, decent, competent ones are ever-increasingly being drowned out by incompetent loons driven by the own dogmas rather than a sense of doing the right thing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ok Amber on 08:11 - Apr 9 with 1402 viewsKingPablo

Ok Amber on 21:30 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

As a police officer i'd like to tell you that there are no more police officers. Officers are having their rest days and annual leave cancelled and being forced to come in. another trick is to get an entire section (a team of maybe 8 constables) to gather in a busy public centre to give the illusion of more officers. it's entirely frustrating that chief constables give the same "more officers will be brought in" rather than tell the public the truth.

Poll: Do you wear your tin foil hats when posting on here?

Ok Amber on 10:55 - Apr 9 with 1363 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ok Amber on 08:11 - Apr 9 by KingPablo

As a police officer i'd like to tell you that there are no more police officers. Officers are having their rest days and annual leave cancelled and being forced to come in. another trick is to get an entire section (a team of maybe 8 constables) to gather in a busy public centre to give the illusion of more officers. it's entirely frustrating that chief constables give the same "more officers will be brought in" rather than tell the public the truth.

Ok, it's that scenario is it? I'm not surprised as that was the approach with the NHS when 'extra' resources were unveiled.

And it looks lie there's an answer to my question if the Guardian are right. It seems there was an official report stating that cuts were having an impact. So we're being bed a pack of lies by the Government as usual then, or Rudd is totally and utterly inept.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/09/amber-rudd-home-office-violent-c

Ok Amber on 10:56 - Apr 9 with 1361 viewsSwansea_Blue

She's not coming out of this one looking very good, that's for sure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024