Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst is Evans No 1 choice 10:46 - May 21 with 1993 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I firmly believe by his interview he gave where he said he doesn’t expect a new manager to be announced before end of may/start of June he clearly had Hurst in mind. Like all jobs he should and has interviewed other candidates to get a feel for the interest of the job should Hurst turn him down and I think by interviewing the Calibre of manager he has done has shown that even if hurst does get promoted and then turn us down he will still be able to recruit a manager of the ability or potential ability of your Ross, Lampard or Parker’s.

I for one am happy to wait another week of it means getting hurst and if he turns us down then he does but we shouldn’t have to settle for 2nd/3rd choice just for the sake of a week.
Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 10:48 - May 21 with 1963 viewsArcher4721

I think Hurst is a number of clubs first choice for their manager.
Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 10:51 - May 21 with 1936 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 10:48 - May 21 by Archer4721

I think Hurst is a number of clubs first choice for their manager.

Quite possibly and I can see why.

Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland all still waiting with us and I have to say in many neutral people’s eyes we would be 4th pick on that list.
Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 10:58 - May 21 with 1895 viewsArcher4721

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 10:51 - May 21 by ColchesterBlue1985

Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland all still waiting with us and I have to say in many neutral people’s eyes we would be 4th pick on that list.

People on here seem to forget that there are a number of clubs (many in a better place than us re funds etc) looking for a new manager. It's going to be tough to outbid and match some clubs in the running for whoever.
Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:02 - May 21 with 1860 viewsNo9

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 10:51 - May 21 by ColchesterBlue1985

Without being sh!!ty, as fans do we really know enough about any of the candidates to make an informed choice?

With all his money & advisors Mr E hasn't done too well in 10 years
Could fans do any better?
Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:03 - May 21 with 1845 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:02 - May 21 by No9

Without being sh!!ty, as fans do we really know enough about any of the candidates to make an informed choice?

Well said.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:10 - May 21 with 1817 viewsGuthrum

To be honest, very few managerial appointments turn out to be really successful.

Some of those were men already at the club (Howe at Bournemouth, Monk at Swansea), or had been in the past (Burley at Ipswich), with others you have to factor in a wider club plan involving budgets and transfers (Huddersfield). Sometimes the candidate was stumbled upon by accident (Lambert and Norwich).

But the vast majority of managers may benefit from a slight bounce, settle down to a period of average endeavour, then ultimately fail.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:11 - May 21 with 1810 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I agree the problem is in the 10 years since Evans took over the parameters in which to get a club promoted has changed dramatically. Shortly before he took over it was felt having two 1m strikers was enough however with the parachute payments sky rocketing two 1m strikers will barely keep you in the league.
Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:12 - May 21 with 1798 viewsurbanblue

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:10 - May 21 by Guthrum

To be honest, very few managerial appointments turn out to be really successful.

Some of those were men already at the club (Howe at Bournemouth, Monk at Swansea), or had been in the past (Burley at Ipswich), with others you have to factor in a wider club plan involving budgets and transfers (Huddersfield). Sometimes the candidate was stumbled upon by accident (Lambert and Norwich).

But the vast majority of managers may benefit from a slight bounce, settle down to a period of average endeavour, then ultimately fail.

Well that's cheered me up!
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:16 - May 21 with 1775 viewsGuthrum

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:11 - May 21 by ColchesterBlue1985

I agree the problem is in the 10 years since Evans took over the parameters in which to get a club promoted has changed dramatically. Shortly before he took over it was felt having two 1m strikers was enough however with the parachute payments sky rocketing two 1m strikers will barely keep you in the league.

Which, I think, is why Evans has had an appraisal of the way he wants the club to go with the finances available and is taking his time looking at the options for a manager to carry that out.

Plus we finished mid-table with two cheaper strikers than that!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:22 - May 21 with 1751 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Hurst is Evans No 1 choice on 11:16 - May 21 by Guthrum

Which, I think, is why Evans has had an appraisal of the way he wants the club to go with the finances available and is taking his time looking at the options for a manager to carry that out.

Plus we finished mid-table with two cheaper strikers than that!

I know but picking up waghorn for 250k was a steal let’s face it. Barnsley paid 1.5m for Bradshaw and 800k for Moore and got relegated. Sunderland has fletcher on loan who boro bought for 5m or thereabouts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024