Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are the Tory Party headed? 10:58 - May 23 with 814 viewsCoachRob

This week saw the launch of Onward a think tank that encourages the party towards a more liberal stance but where do we really think the Tories will end up on the right wing political spectrum by the next general election?

The median age of a Tory voter has increase to 47 with half of all millennials saying they would never vote Tory. Now that Thatcher's monetarism is dead would a move to more populist policies as seen in the US and Europe gain more support?

In light of Rosemary Carroll and Ben Bradley keeping their jobs in spite of populist rhetoric could this be the true direction come the next election?

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/13/how-britain-voted-2017-general-election/
https://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2018/05/james-frayne-onward-the-n
https://metro.co.uk/2017/06/29/conservative-councillor-posted-joke-comparing-asi
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-vasectomies-jobless-row-also-1186890

Where are the Tory Party headed? on 11:01 - May 23 with 798 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good question.

Anything they try to do to engage the younger voter is likely to alienate their core vote, they are in a bit of a no win position.

I think they do need to move to the left, and magic up a younger more engaging leader!!

What we have seen in recent elections is that you can promise whatever you want (inc referendums and US), you dont have to follow it up.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Where are the Tory Party headed? on 12:27 - May 23 with 760 viewsCoachRob

Where are the Tory Party headed? on 11:01 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good question.

Anything they try to do to engage the younger voter is likely to alienate their core vote, they are in a bit of a no win position.

I think they do need to move to the left, and magic up a younger more engaging leader!!

What we have seen in recent elections is that you can promise whatever you want (inc referendums and US), you dont have to follow it up.

Ruth Davidson is put forward a lot by mainstream media but I get the sense the core vote don't like her policies.
Where are the Tory Party headed? on 12:32 - May 23 with 752 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Where are the Tory Party headed? on 11:01 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good question.

They need to replace Theresa May with Rees-Mogg, move to the right and start implementing common sense policies again.

The Conservative Party have got bogged down in trying to appease liberals with some very strange policies and it's got to stop. A true centre right party would clean up at the next election. With May in charge I honestly don't know anyone who believes in the Tories. Most people I speak to voted for them at the last election to keep communism out.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Where are the Tory Party headed? on 12:41 - May 23 with 738 viewspointofblue

Where are the Tory Party headed? on 12:32 - May 23 by The_Last_Baron

They need to replace Theresa May with Rees-Mogg, move to the right and start implementing common sense policies again.

The Conservative Party have got bogged down in trying to appease liberals with some very strange policies and it's got to stop. A true centre right party would clean up at the next election. With May in charge I honestly don't know anyone who believes in the Tories. Most people I speak to voted for them at the last election to keep communism out.

Rees-Mogg and common sense... a name and a word not often seen together.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024