Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Ross 22:45 - May 23 with 8645 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Failed to impress enough over the course of two interviews, so not offered the Ipswich job.

Settles for job in league below.

Nothing to see here.

NEXT!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Ross on 22:48 - May 23 with 5717 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Couldn’t agree more. Obviously didn’t do enough for ME.
ME always gives time to managers if he believes in them. Evans has done his due diligence, doesn’t eee Ross as the man and still sees Hurst as a better candidate.
You have to sell the dream to the interviewer, regardless of whether it’s a football managers or costa coffee manager. Make the interviewer want you. Ross couldn’t do that.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jack Ross on 22:52 - May 23 with 5653 viewsLord_Lucan

Jack Ross on 22:48 - May 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

ME always gives time to managers if he believes in them. Evans has done his due diligence, doesn’t eee Ross as the man and still sees Hurst as a better candidate.
You have to sell the dream to the interviewer, regardless of whether it’s a football managers or costa coffee manager. Make the interviewer want you. Ross couldn’t do that.

You two need help.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jack Ross on 22:52 - May 23 with 5660 viewsStokieBlue

Jack Ross on 22:48 - May 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

The thing is, your post is both speculative and internally inconsistent.

For instance, you've said that the interviewee needs to sell themselves and you've said Ross hasn't done that whilst saying ME sees Hurst as the better candidate. If it's about selling yourself and he's not been interviewed it surely invalidates both your points?

In the end none of us have any idea whether Ross was seen as a choice (regardless of what choice). The only facts we have are that Sunderland interviewed and offered within a short space of time and he decided to take the job.

Second guessing the mental musings of one of the most reclusive men in the country who has done the grand total of one interview seems pretty strange to me.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jack Ross on 22:55 - May 23 with 5632 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 22:52 - May 23 by StokieBlue

For instance, you've said that the interviewee needs to sell themselves and you've said Ross hasn't done that whilst saying ME sees Hurst as the better candidate. If it's about selling yourself and he's not been interviewed it surely invalidates both your points?

In the end none of us have any idea whether Ross was seen as a choice (regardless of what choice). The only facts we have are that Sunderland interviewed and offered within a short space of time and he decided to take the job.

Second guessing the mental musings of one of the most reclusive men in the country who has done the grand total of one interview seems pretty strange to me.

SB

This whole forum is speculation. Fact is none of us know what has gone one behind the scenes, or what ME's intentions are.

Deal with it and move on.

Nothing of note has happened today.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Ross on 22:56 - May 23 with 5616 viewsLankHenners

Jack Ross on 22:55 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

This whole forum is speculation. Fact is none of us know what has gone one behind the scenes, or what ME's intentions are.

If you had your way the forum would close down and no-one would talk about anything, ever.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jack Ross on 22:58 - May 23 with 5596 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 22:56 - May 23 by LankHenners

If you had your way the forum would close down and no-one would talk about anything, ever.

I just try to be the voice of reason. Someone has to take that responsibility.

The melt down today was intriguing to watch. I worry for the sanity of some forum members!!

Jack Ross on 23:00 - May 23 with 5579 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jack Ross on 22:52 - May 23 by StokieBlue

SB

Firstly, although Evans may well shun away from the limelight (which I personally like) to call a man who did an on screen camera interview for half an hour a few weeks ago one of the most reclusive men in the country is ridiculous.

Secondly, Evans is not oblivious nor is he stupid, he will be seeing the workings of Hurst at Shrewsbury, comparing that with Ross at St Mirren it is clear who is better suited for Ipswich. But Evans could sit down with Hurst next week and not be sold on Hursts vision of Ipswich town and ultimately look elsewhere, doesn’t mean he wasnt the number one candidate.

Jack Ross on 23:03 - May 23 with 5535 viewsStokieBlue

Jack Ross on 23:00 - May 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Firstly, although Evans may well shun away from the limelight (which I personally like) to call a man who did an on screen camera interview for half an hour a few weeks ago one of the most reclusive men in the country is ridiculous.

Secondly, Evans is not oblivious nor is he stupid, he will be seeing the workings of Hurst at Shrewsbury, comparing that with Ross at St Mirren it is clear who is better suited for Ipswich. But Evans could sit down with Hurst next week and not be sold on Hursts vision of Ipswich town and ultimately look elsewhere, doesn’t mean he wasnt the number one candidate.

One interview in 10 years when you're in the rich list and owner of a fairly major football club is pretty reclusive.

That is the entire total of your available sources over the last 10 years which let you determine how he thinks. I would riposte that guessing how he thinks based on that is far more ridiculous than calling him reclusive.

Let's see how things pan out over the next few weeks.

SB
[Post edited 23 May 2018 23:03]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Ross on 23:04 - May 23 with 5521 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:00 - May 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Well said that man.

Jack Ross on 23:06 - May 23 with 5497 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:03 - May 23 by StokieBlue

One interview in 10 years when you're in the rich list and owner of a fairly major football club is pretty reclusive.

That is the entire total of your available sources over the last 10 years which let you determine how he thinks. I would riposte that guessing how he thinks based on that is far more ridiculous than calling him reclusive.

Let's see how things pan out over the next few weeks.

SB
[Post edited 23 May 2018 23:03]

How many interviews have you seen from the owners of;

chelsea
Tottenham
arsenal
Man utd
Man city

ME is no different to many other football club owners in that he values his privacy.

Jack Ross on 23:07 - May 23 with 5477 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Ross on 22:55 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yet you've spent the last two days incessantly saying that Ross would never choose Sunderland over us.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jack Ross on 23:10 - May 23 with 5464 viewsSWGF

And yet we were led to believe, by Phil, that he was the frontrunner.

It's so difficult to know who to trust; you or him.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Jack Ross on 23:12 - May 23 with 5433 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:07 - May 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yet you've spent the last two days incessantly saying that Ross would never choose Sunderland over us.

Speculation again.

We don't know that he did CHOOSE Sunderland over us.

We don't know whether we made him a concrete offer.

If we didn't want him then there was no choice to make, it was made for him.

We know nothing, it's all conjecture.

Jack Ross on 23:13 - May 23 with 5419 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Oh look a down arrow from Marshall, what a surprise.

Jack Ross on 23:14 - May 23 with 5419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:10 - May 23 by SWGF

And yet we were led to believe, by Phil, that he was the frontrunner.

It's so difficult to know who to trust; you or him.

Phil also stated yesterday that there was nothing in the Sunderland link. So let's not assume Phil knows anymore than us.

Jack Ross on 23:14 - May 23 with 5406 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Ross on 23:12 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Speculation again.

We don't know that he did CHOOSE Sunderland over us.

We don't know whether we made him a concrete offer.

If we didn't want him then there was no choice to make, it was made for him.

We know nothing, it's all conjecture.

So you DIDN'T say he would never choose Sunderland over us then? And down arrow anyone who suggested he might?

Jack Ross on 23:16 - May 23 with 5383 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:14 - May 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

So you DIDN'T say he would never choose Sunderland over us then? And down arrow anyone who suggested he might?

I did say I thought he would choose us over Sunderland.

But like I said, we dont know whether he did choose Sunderland OVER us. We don't know that there was any CHOICE for him to make.

Jack Ross on 23:22 - May 23 with 5319 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

In complete fairness, if he had been offered terms, rejected terms. Anything other than interviews, it would have been reported by Phil, so we can only assume ITFC never offered him anything, which means he never had the choice of ITFC

Jack Ross on 23:25 - May 23 with 5308 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Ross on 23:22 - May 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

In complete fairness, if he had been offered terms, rejected terms. Anything other than interviews, it would have been reported by Phil, so we can only assume ITFC never offered him anything, which means he never had the choice of ITFC

Phil never reported that Lampard talked personal terms, but apparently thats why he's out of contention.

So whats your point?

Jack Ross on 23:25 - May 23 with 5302 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:22 - May 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

According to reports we failed to agree terms with Lampard and Ross. I somehow doubt we were finalising terms with both!!

I think it's more likely that neither were offered terms, as we have been told all along ME wants to talk to Hurst.

That's in line with timescales publicly set out by ME.

Jack Ross on 23:29 - May 23 with 5265 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Ross on 23:25 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

According to reports we failed to agree terms with Lampard and Ross. I somehow doubt we were finalising terms with both!!

I think it's more likely that neither were offered terms, as we have been told all along ME wants to talk to Hurst.

That's in line with timescales publicly set out by ME.

Do you not think that that is something of a risk, to tell us all in late April that he doubts he'll announce before late May early June and then have all his eggs in the one basket of Hurst?

As much as I may not like Evans he is neither that naive nor stupid.

Jack Ross on 23:32 - May 23 with 5240 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:29 - May 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Do you not think that that is something of a risk, to tell us all in late April that he doubts he'll announce before late May early June and then have all his eggs in the one basket of Hurst?

As much as I may not like Evans he is neither that naive nor stupid.

He didn't mention Hurst.

He did however outline his timescales.

Now people are wetting their knickers because we haven't appointed someone ahead of his timescales.

I trust in ME. He'd beat any of the panic merchants on here at a game of poker.

Jack Ross on 23:36 - May 23 with 5208 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Ross on 23:32 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

He didn't mention Hurst.

He did however outline his timescales.

Now people are wetting their knickers because we haven't appointed someone ahead of his timescales.

I trust in ME. He'd beat any of the panic merchants on here at a game of poker.

ME has a pretty terrible record of appointing managers. Trusting him is not something I'd profess to. Odds are he'll feck this up.

Jack Ross on 23:37 - May 23 with 5201 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross on 23:36 - May 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

ME has a pretty terrible record of appointing managers. Trusting him is not something I'd profess to. Odds are he'll feck this up.

Night night buddy, message me tomorrow if you need the voice of reason.

Jack Ross on 23:38 - May 23 with 5191 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Ross on 23:37 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Night night buddy, message me tomorrow if you need the voice of reason.

You're last on my list. Sleep tight xx

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024