Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? 10:46 - May 26 with 6725 viewstextbackup

I'd imagine this is better aimed at the old chaps on here, for European trips back in the 70's 80's....

I ask because I've been looking on some Liverpool forums, the trips they are making/made are pretty mental.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 20:55 - May 26 with 1147 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Foggia away in the Anglo Italian Cup in the 90s. Still don’t know to this what made me go....

Poll: Our final position

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 22:00 - May 26 with 1120 viewsmilliem

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 14:03 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, D Bradley was on our bus. I liked him, I was a few years younger than all the other lot I hung around with, I would have been about 16 on that trip. I was good friends with most but I didn't know DB very well but he was really nice. There were a couple of others that were big bullies.

I was told that DB was thrown off a bridge at a motorway service station during a football scrap.

Ha. Those motorway service stations were mental, you never knew who you would bump in to. We bumped into Cambridge coming back from a Brum league cup game (Cambridge had been to Coventry I think) and we got quite the shoeing!

Ah! Here's another one.

We were on the special train back from Everton quarter final and Norwich had been to Man C. Football specials used to get routed everywhere and regularly stopped for ages to let normal trains take priority. We were stopped at Peterborough for an age and then a Norwich special pulled up right next to us - Carnage!

I went on that special- Beattie scored with a magnificent header about five minutes from the end (we lost 2-1 at Everton)- but the train didn't stop at Peterborough. I'm pretty sure it was Spalding which at the time had an island platform. Town's special sat on the right hand side for a while and then the Norwich special turned up on the left hand side. Most people saw the funny side of it and, apart from some gesturing on the platform from both sides there was no violence. So don't talk bollix.

I wish people wouldn't make up a load of lies just because something happened forty odd years ago.
Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 22:09 - May 26 with 1107 viewsLord_Lucan

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 22:00 - May 26 by milliem

I went on that special- Beattie scored with a magnificent header about five minutes from the end (we lost 2-1 at Everton)- but the train didn't stop at Peterborough. I'm pretty sure it was Spalding which at the time had an island platform. Town's special sat on the right hand side for a while and then the Norwich special turned up on the left hand side. Most people saw the funny side of it and, apart from some gesturing on the platform from both sides there was no violence. So don't talk bollix.

I wish people wouldn't make up a load of lies just because something happened forty odd years ago.

It must have been a completely different occasion or you've made that up.

Someone had already corrected me that it was after the Shrewsbury game (which I double checked and he was correct as it was when Norwich lost away to Man C 6-0) and also confirmed it went off, which it did. Ipswich boarded their train. I was just a gobby kid on the platform.

No reason to make anything up mate, thanks very much.

In fact you have made yours up because Norwich didn't play on the Everton day, they played in Brighton the day before.

Night night.
[Post edited 26 May 2018 22:34]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 22:31 - May 26 with 1079 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 22:09 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

It must have been a completely different occasion or you've made that up.

Someone had already corrected me that it was after the Shrewsbury game (which I double checked and he was correct as it was when Norwich lost away to Man C 6-0) and also confirmed it went off, which it did. Ipswich boarded their train. I was just a gobby kid on the platform.

No reason to make anything up mate, thanks very much.

In fact you have made yours up because Norwich didn't play on the Everton day, they played in Brighton the day before.

Night night.
[Post edited 26 May 2018 22:34]

You are correct Sir. I was on that same special train, remember the shinanigans with the Norwich train.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 08:32 - May 27 with 949 viewsSlartibartfast

Whats the craziest trip youve made following Town? on 16:13 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Well all I can say is Hells Bells!

I have gone all my adult life remembering it as Everton but you are correct as I just looked it up. January 1981, Nodge lost 6-0 to Man C and we drew with Shrewbury.

The strange thing is that four months later I was in Amsterdam at the UEFA cup final but it feels like a year or so gap - I think that's why I always remembered it as Everton in 1980.

Definitely Shrewsbury. I remember being on that train. We drew 0-0 and scum had been stuffed about 7-0 I believe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024