Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... 21:04 - May 29 with 5118 viewsitfcjoe

....with no background?

The logo is just so bad it would ruin any kit.

Can anyone who is good at photoshop mock one of them up? Be interested to see it.

Whilst I would prefer not to be sponsored by a gambling company - I do quite like shirts with tacky sponsors in a way (As I sit here in an Al Ahli shirt with Skydive Dubai on it....) but the logo has to be in the right colours to look anything.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:44 - May 29 with 1007 viewsbritbiker

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:31 - May 29 by Bluefish

The thing with sponsors logos is that they spend a load of money and they get to put their brand on that thing.

It really is common in sport, none of them look good or add to the sport but they pay their money and get to be noticed.

I get that the logo is there to be noticed on TV etc but surely the company would benefit if more people liked it and thus purchased/wore the shirts. The Marcus Evans name gets seen all over the place due to fans wearing the shirts.

Be interesting to see how many get sold. Shame as poor sales will obviously reduce the money coming into the club.
Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 01:33 - May 30 with 973 viewsIpswichChris

This is the best we could have hoped for.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 03:13 - May 30 with 948 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Maybe any color would not provide an improvement. Bottom line I don't like the sponsor choice / design, didn't like the idea when first got news of it, don't like it now and the prospect of it being advertised for seasons to come.

Irony is I got so sick of the owner at times in recent seasons along with the poor performances and scores the team invariably produced that wished the Marcus Evans name could be erased from the team strip, but the new design has you thinking we'd be better equipped to return to what was before.
Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 07:42 - May 30 with 902 viewsSteve_M

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:07 - May 29 by itfcjoe

It's fairly standard for logos to be changed to more suitable colours for sponsorship purposes. Beauty of a good logo and branding is that it's recognisable in whatever colour and format it is shown in.

I think the ME logo is fine, this one is tacky and that is exacerbated by the colours.

It's those stars that really don't work, they distract attention from the wording. It just looks like what it is a trashy logo of a trashy company.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 08:44 - May 30 with 877 viewsshoopdelang

Check out real Madrid’s ( new ) shirt.

Fly emirates just plane black writing. When their actual logo is red.

Don’t see why “ magical Vegas “ can’t make an alteration for sponsorship purposes. How much it clashes with our kits can’t be a good thing for them or us. Draws attention to them yes but looks crap
Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 08:47 - May 30 with 876 viewsSuperfrans

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 07:42 - May 30 by Steve_M

It's those stars that really don't work, they distract attention from the wording. It just looks like what it is a trashy logo of a trashy company.

It's a brightly coloured "fun" logo for a brand which aspires to be "fun". The idea of taking all the colour out of it and making it monochrome is missing the point - their logo specifically has bright colours in it, for this precise reason.

Personally, I can understand the reservations about having a betting company on our shirt. But many many clubs have such sponsors, it's trying to be King Canute to stop that.

As for the look of it, no logo could make that home shirt look any better. It would look terrible even if it had a Peter Savile logo on it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024