Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think that is the best possible outcome for England 01:31 - Jul 8 with 1129 viewsconnorscontract

From the other Quarter Final.

I would be very worried about the pressure on the Referee in a Semi Final in Moscow, against Russia, and the effect of the crowd on our players. It would have been incredibly intense. And with the Novichok thing kicking off again, not a good time to play them.

I believe Croatia to be the better team, but going to Extra Time, and unconvincing penalties, with lots of players either struggling with cramp or niggly injuries, will have knocked them. A bit like when a boxer struggles to a win but takes a lot of heavy punches: it takes it out of them for next time.

They had loads of players on a yellow going into the game, including Rakatic and Mandzukic. Obviously them getting another and being suspended would have been perfect, but we can't be greedy!
I think that is the best possible outcome for England on 07:43 - Jul 8 with 1010 viewsosborne

Yellow cards are wiped now. Russian fans will be behind Croatians.
I think that is the best possible outcome for England on 07:57 - Jul 8 with 982 viewsbrogansnose

I think that is the best possible outcome for England on 07:43 - Jul 8 by osborne

Yellow cards are wiped now. Russian fans will be behind Croatians.

Hmm, not so sure. Russians tend to side with Serbs who don't get on to well with Croats.

I'd rather play the Croats than Russia. They are the better side technically but that Russian side is very hard to break down especially with the crowd behind them.
I think that is the best possible outcome for England on 09:10 - Jul 8 with 888 viewsGeoffSentence

I agree that it it better to play Croatia than Russia with the home crowd behind them. I don't think that the extra time they have played will have any impact on the game though. They are professional athletes an extra 30 minutes football 4 days before will make no odds whatsoever.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I think that is the best possible outcome for England on 09:25 - Jul 8 with 845 viewsclive_baker

I agree. Croatia are the stronger side but Russia would’ve been far too political and you just know we would’ve got cheated out of it at some point in front of a crowd 90% home support.

Before the match I called a preference of Croatia winning on penalties, and got my wish. It’ll be our toughest game so far IMO.

As for the Russians supporting Croatia, I’m not so sure. They’ve generally backed England all tournament so far (after Russia of course), so I don’t see why they would switch now. Many of them support Premier League sides so follow their players.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I think that is the best possible outcome for England on 10:02 - Jul 8 with 789 viewsGuthrum

I think that is the best possible outcome for England on 07:57 - Jul 8 by brogansnose

Hmm, not so sure. Russians tend to side with Serbs who don't get on to well with Croats.

I'd rather play the Croats than Russia. They are the better side technically but that Russian side is very hard to break down especially with the crowd behind them.

Altho there is a surprisingly deep-seated dislike of Britain in Russia. We were the enemy for so long in the 19th and early 20th centuries (mostly rivalry over central Asia, right up until shortly before WWI), then tried to interfere in the Revolution, perceived (without justification, really) to have left them to struggle against Hitler, were a Cold War foe and now are a refuge for anti-Putin oligarchs and activists.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024