Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thats a shame for the lad 14:12 - Jul 16 with 5821 viewsDeano69

Singapore insisting on serving National Service.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44843403?ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bb

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Thats a shame for the lad on 23:59 - Jul 16 with 695 viewsElderGrizzly

Thats a shame for the lad on 20:37 - Jul 16 by No9

Like four of the floors in Orchard Towers?
Really, where?

When were you last there out of interest?

Some parts are clearly less ‘attractive’ than the tourist bits most go to and our embassy instructions to our staff match this.

However, it is on the whole a very safe and sadly very expensive place. I was there a few months ago for visit no.9
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 0:03]
Thats a shame for the lad on 00:10 - Jul 17 with 681 viewsNewcyBlue

Thats a shame for the lad on 23:59 - Jul 16 by ElderGrizzly

When were you last there out of interest?

Some parts are clearly less ‘attractive’ than the tourist bits most go to and our embassy instructions to our staff match this.

However, it is on the whole a very safe and sadly very expensive place. I was there a few months ago for visit no.9
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 0:03]

I like Singapore.

Some fantastic places there. Enjoy visiting there, although I don’t have to pay for anything usually when I am there.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Thats a shame for the lad on 07:37 - Jul 17 with 648 viewstractorian

Thats a shame for the lad on 23:34 - Jul 16 by HennikerBlu

Unbelievably dangerous situation to put young people in! I sincerely hope your health has not suffered. Another example of the dangerous situations National Service personnel were put in.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/defence/10611985/Forgo

Thanks for your concern. Now I know why I glow in the dark.

Pedantically, you wonder at the accuracy of an article that thinks Aircraftsmen were called Privates. We certainly had no privates in my section, we thought it was something to do with what they put in the tea. Maybe it was the radiation.
Thats a shame for the lad on 08:37 - Jul 17 with 643 viewsdickie

Thats a shame for the lad on 16:53 - Jul 16 by tractorian

I'm probably the only one on here who did National Service and spent some of it in Singapore. We National Servicemen didn't mind giving up two years of our lives if meant the generations which came after us had secure futures.

Just show some gratitude!!

Stick your gratitude, if it were brought back I would fight tooth and nail against it so that my children wouldn't have to be forced into it. How is forcing young people into enlisting in the name of freedom either free or in any way indicative of a democratic society?
Thats a shame for the lad on 08:44 - Jul 17 with 632 viewstractorian

Thats a shame for the lad on 08:37 - Jul 17 by dickie

Stick your gratitude, if it were brought back I would fight tooth and nail against it so that my children wouldn't have to be forced into it. How is forcing young people into enlisting in the name of freedom either free or in any way indicative of a democratic society?

I apologise, my post was obviously above your head!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024