Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mustn't let it go to our heads ... 19:21 - Aug 1 with 874 viewsBlue_badge

It's an exciting pre-season, a few in , a few out and news of a few more that may come or go. However, as optimistic as it may encourage us to be we have to remember a few things:
a) many of our recruits will lack Championship experience and take time to adjust
b) over the next season or two we want opportunities for Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell and Nydam (maybe others) to grow into the excellent players we all think that they can be
c) other teams are strengthening too - few teams will lay down before our mighty Blues

In other words, even if we do get a few more in, even if we do keep Waggy, we must expect a season of ups and downs and keep supporting Hurst and the team through those moments. No jumping on a player's back when he makes a few mistakes - let's be the twelfth man and make our new players especially glad that they came to Portman Road.

I'm happy with a five year plan that begins like this season!
Mustn't let it go to our heads ... on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 804 viewsWestover

I'm a little worried that we might make to many changes if we get Nolan that will maybe stop one of the young lads getting game time and possibly One of the injured missing out, but exciting times ahead.
Mustn't let it go to our heads ... on 19:43 - Aug 1 with 781 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was genuinely excited with what I witnessed at the West Ham match (even in comparison to the MK Dons match).

I am however very cautious about the Blackburn game this Saturday. They will very be aware of the less experienced players, high youth involvement and bedding in/change of tactics. Bouncing back to the Championship, they’ll have a point to prove and I expect a high tempo and extremely aggressive match with plenty of gamesmanship chucked in. They will bully us off the park.

If they succeed in this, I see many more teams doing likewise.

Poll: W or W

Mustn't let it go to our heads ... on 19:54 - Aug 1 with 738 viewsReuser_is_God

Nah fcuk it we’ve got it wrapped up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mustn't let it go to our heads ... on 19:59 - Aug 1 with 730 viewswkj

Usually pre season is a poor barometer of success, thought this is different. We have seen the way PH expects to play, and we have seen he expects his players to reach a certain standard within his system. The system he plays is much prettier football, and as I have mentioned; As long as we dont finish bottom three and play better football with more excitement and entertainment, it is a successful season to me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mustn't let it go to our heads ... on 20:24 - Aug 1 with 695 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness though, if you can't get excited about the start of the season in pre-season, when can you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024