Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. 21:40 - Aug 4 with 6095 viewsWestSussexBlue

Personally I was really disappointed, the amount of Misplaced passes and poor first touch was not something I expected from a Chelsea loanee.
Hopefully Dozzell is 100% fit soon.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 12:03 - Aug 5 with 1485 viewsBluebert

I thought he was really impressive, if you watch him, he takes a look behind him every time before he receives the ball, which is so hard to do and a sign of a class player. A few mistakes here and there but overall I think there’s a lot to come from him.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 14:56 - Aug 5 with 1454 viewsstewartm

What?

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 15:26 - Aug 5 with 1454 viewsFacefacts

The misplaced passes and frustration remind me of a player stepping down a level. I've seen it with a more experienced player, often their brain moves faster than their bodies can manoeuvre them around the pitch. The player I'm thinking of us Dave Speedie when he moved from Chelsea to Blackburn Rovers. But Chalobah is young so will respond to coaching, one hopes. Put his ego to one side.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 15:31 - Aug 5 with 1450 viewsstewartm

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:29 - Aug 4 by shoopdelang

He was our best player. Dominated the midfield and won’t the ball back so much for us. Also his positioning and finding space to collect the ball from the back really helped us try and play a passing game. I was particularly impressed and surprised ( for a big centre back) his ability to turn quickly on the ball.

He made a few misplaced passes but it’s to be expected. I don’t recall him losing the ball an obscene amount of times so me and you must have watched a completely different game as I really do not understand where you are coming from.

I agree he was our best player! Downes and Skuse (Skuse tried) were not in the game!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 15:41 - Aug 5 with 1447 viewsHerbivore

Bit of a mixed bag for me. He did some brilliant things and made some basic errors too, not just the misplaced passes but he was in no man's land for their first goal and that enabled them to get a free header. I don't agree he was our best player, Edwards outshone him for me, but given it was his first professional appearance and that he missed a chunk of pre season it was a decent performance. I think there will be more to come from him especially when the central midfield has better balance, the three that played yesterday didn't work as a combination.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 1437 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Misplaced passes often correlate with attacking intent and lack of understanding between players.

Had he not misplaced passes people would have had far more grounds for complaining he was always passing sideways.

He was one of our better players but not as good as Edwards and overall our midfield did not work yesterday as well as it did versus West Ham.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 18:03 - Aug 5 with 1412 viewsshoopdelang

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 15:56 - Aug 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Misplaced passes often correlate with attacking intent and lack of understanding between players.

Had he not misplaced passes people would have had far more grounds for complaining he was always passing sideways.

He was one of our better players but not as good as Edwards and overall our midfield did not work yesterday as well as it did versus West Ham.

Maybe not as breath taking as Edwards but arguably more important yesterday
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 18:11 - Aug 5 with 1408 viewsMr_Ipswich

We’re you watching the same game?

He was very impressive.
Login to get fewer ads

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 18:23 - Aug 5 with 1400 viewsitfcbam

There were lots of positives, plenty of energy, broke play up well at times, linked play well, however was sometimes a bit too casual on the ball and sloppy. There were also times when breaking forward with the ball in space where he chose to pass rather than drive forward and draw a player out before playing the ball and thus potentially creating space. In the main I would say positive and will only get better as the season goes.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 09:26 - Sep 25 with 1185 viewsCurrie10

Superb insight.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 11:02 - Sep 25 with 1131 viewsWestSussexBlue

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 09:26 - Sep 25 by Currie10

Superb insight.

I really hope we see the best of him here and we improve him as an overall player, however reservation’s after the first match against Blackburn remain.
For me so far he’s showing glimpses of quality but far more glimpses of vulnerability for which top teams will punish him and us as a whole.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024