Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday 10:21 - Aug 5 with 3937 viewsOsborneOneNil

How were they set up, who pushed on?

Was Skuse any better?
Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 11:24 - Aug 5 with 921 viewshtb

on 11:04 - Aug 5 by _

I think Chalobah will grow into the holding role and show you can still be creative from there. I was hoping to see a different side of Scuse but thought he was a passenger for most of the game cannot see a place for him in the team if Nolan comes in Huws Dozell get fit. Nydam unlucky not to make the squad after doing well against West Ham.
on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 915 views_

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 11:24 - Aug 5 by htb

I think Chalobah will grow into the holding role and show you can still be creative from there. I was hoping to see a different side of Scuse but thought he was a passenger for most of the game cannot see a place for him in the team if Nolan comes in Huws Dozell get fit. Nydam unlucky not to make the squad after doing well against West Ham.

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 13:18 - Aug 5 with 877 viewsitfcjoe

I think the balance was wrong - Hurst's system seems to ask 3 different roles in midfield

Holding midfielder - sit deep, break up play and play it forwards

Box to box - getting around the pitch and winning the ball and lots of energy

Attacking midfielder - getting up and supporting the striker, but also dropping back in and trying to make things ahppen

CHalobah was most impressive - but he was the only one of the 3 playing in his most accomplished role - Skuse is more comfortable there, and I think may have sniffed out the danger for 2nd goal a little better.

SKuse struggled as was playing a role not suited to, and game asked too much of Downes in an attacking sense and he didn't influence game in that way.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 13:23 - Aug 5 with 868 viewsReuser_is_God

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 13:18 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

I think the balance was wrong - Hurst's system seems to ask 3 different roles in midfield

Attacking midfielder - getting up and supporting the striker, but also dropping back in and trying to make things ahppen

CHalobah was most impressive - but he was the only one of the 3 playing in his most accomplished role - Skuse is more comfortable there, and I think may have sniffed out the danger for 2nd goal a little better.

SKuse struggled as was playing a role not suited to, and game asked too much of Downes in an attacking sense and he didn't influence game in that way.

Surprised it wasn’t Nydam in the role Downes played?

From what I’ve read about pre season I expected to see a lot more pressing than I saw yesterday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 13:28 - Aug 5 with 859 viewspointofblue

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 13:18 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

Would have probably worked better with Skuse as the holding midfielder, Downes as the box-to-box and Nydam as the attacking midfielder. Nowhere near perfect, but we had three holding midfielders yesterday with two trying to do jobs outside of their remit.

The same thing happened when Hyam played - he was often a holding midfielder who was expected to be forward thinking and he got pilloried for it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 853 views_

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 13:28 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Would have probably worked better with Skuse as the holding midfielder, Downes as the box-to-box and Nydam as the attacking midfielder. Nowhere near perfect, but we had three holding midfielders yesterday with two trying to do jobs outside of their remit.

The same thing happened when Hyam played - he was often a holding midfielder who was expected to be forward thinking and he got pilloried for it.

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 14:13 - Aug 5 with 840 viewspointofblue

on 13:33 - Aug 5 by _

Downes might have the same issue - he got in a shooting position a couple of times in the first half yesterday but elected to pass.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

on 14:18 - Aug 5 with 836 views_

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 14:13 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Downes might have the same issue - he got in a shooting position a couple of times in the first half yesterday but elected to pass.

Login to get fewer ads

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 14:19 - Aug 5 with 831 viewsDubtractor

on 14:18 - Aug 5 by _

To be honest, he looked lost in the advanced role yesterday and his passing let him, and us, down a few times in promising positions.

No drama as he was not in a natural position and had looked class in holding role against West Ham.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

on 14:22 - Aug 5 with 826 views_

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 14:19 - Aug 5 by Dubtractor

To be honest, he looked lost in the advanced role yesterday and his passing let him, and us, down a few times in promising positions.

No drama as he was not in a natural position and had looked class in holding role against West Ham.

Slightly surprised to see the midfield 3 were all holding CM’s yesterday on 14:31 - Aug 5 with 819 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All our attacking intent was through (the very good) Edwards. So much so that we constantly tried to switch play to him (very effectively from Knudsen especially).

Next match I expect Ward to offer something on the other wing and Nolan to offer something through the middle. Our tactics on Saturday did not suit Harrison. He was rarely in the match at all and Sears had little involvement aside from setting up the first goal.

We were very much a work in progress and a team of individuals. It was a contrast to the performance against West Ham. Dozzell looked class in that and I was surprised he wasn't at least brought on in preference to Edun (even if he did get the equaliser).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024