Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finding your next job... 10:40 - Aug 16 with 921 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...I've always been an advocate of making things happen, and this applies to jobs too.

My last 3 jobs over a 12 year period have come the following ways;

- Speculative letter to Regional Managing Director of a company I admired. Resulted in an initial scoping interview with MD and Senior Director, following by a job specific interview with a divisional director and a job offer.

- Next role. Speculative letter to MD / Founder of the business of another company that I admired. This time a more specific inquiry, resulted in an initial interview with the MD, then divisional director, followed by a job offer.

- Current role. Was approached directly by my current employer.

A few weeks ago, my wife decided to e-mail the CEO of a business that she wanted to work for, completely speculative email to a family owned, market leading business. 2 interviews later she landed the job this week.

Moral of the story..... dont just wait for job adverts or recruitment consultants. Get out there and make things happen.

Not meant to be preachy, just some advice on A-Level results day.

Good luck to all those picking up results today!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Finding your next job... on 10:50 - Aug 16 with 891 viewshype313

Yep, agree, I wanted to get into a certain sector about 15 years a go so I decided to phone the MD directly and outline what I was looking for, he was so impressed that I picked the phone up that he gave me an interview and then I got an offer.

Now, when I look to employ people I don't bother with agencies who just throw enough sh1t and hope it sticks, I look for people who research companies and make a direct approach to me, that shows they are willing to get of their ar5e and find opportunities

On this note, this was quite relevant to our thoughts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-45116403/from-east-london-to-the-city-how-

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Finding your next job... on 12:09 - Aug 16 with 776 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Finding your next job... on 10:50 - Aug 16 by hype313

Yep, agree, I wanted to get into a certain sector about 15 years a go so I decided to phone the MD directly and outline what I was looking for, he was so impressed that I picked the phone up that he gave me an interview and then I got an offer.

Now, when I look to employ people I don't bother with agencies who just throw enough sh1t and hope it sticks, I look for people who research companies and make a direct approach to me, that shows they are willing to get of their ar5e and find opportunities

On this note, this was quite relevant to our thoughts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-45116403/from-east-london-to-the-city-how-

Yeah, I saw the story re that kid.

Good on him. A slice of luck involved, but he made his own luck.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Finding your next job... on 12:47 - Aug 16 with 739 viewsPinewoodblue

Adds on here are getting too clever(or intrusive). At the bottom of this thread there was an advert for Personality profiling!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Finding your next job... on 13:03 - Aug 16 with 701 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Finding your next job... on 12:47 - Aug 16 by Pinewoodblue

Adds on here are getting too clever(or intrusive). At the bottom of this thread there was an advert for Personality profiling!

Was also one for 'clearing' at the Uni of Huddersfield!!

Finding your next job... on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 663 viewsBrianTablet

Keep in mind that this isn't always successful though.

Every week I email theguvnor@itfc.com with my request to play left midfield on the Saturday.
Every week I get a reply questioning my sanity.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024