Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref was worse last week 00:20 - Aug 19 with 1360 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Today wasn't great but didn't think he was as bad as some are making out. Persistent fouling, by letter of law can't complain too much for two bookings.

Great performance, we'll grow from that. Dug deep.
Ref was worse last week on 00:27 - Aug 19 with 1342 viewsmanchego

2nd wasn't a yellow card.

The tip here is that when the tackled goes up and away it's not really a foul. That can only happen when they jump.
Ref was worse last week on 10:44 - Aug 19 with 1158 viewssouthnorfolkblue

It was a difficult game for the ref to be fair. One of the things that I like about this division is that on the whole the players don’t go down like they’ve been shot for the slightest thing. Villa reminded me of a Premier League team in the way that they rolled around. Makes it very difficult for the ref to work out firstly whether there has even been contact at all, and then if there has just how bad the foul has been.

I didn’t have a good view of either of Edun’s yellow cards, so I really don’t know whether he’s been unlucky or not. He has certainly been naive because if you are playing against players that like to go to ground and you’re already on a yellow card you’ve got to be more careful than he was. It doesn’t matter whether the first yellow was harsh - it’s been given so you have to play on accordingly.

My biggest frustration with the ref was that they blatantly dived twice in the second half to try and get penalties and neither was shown a yellow card.

Poll: Our final position

Ref was worse last week on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 1132 viewsGeoffSentence

Can't comment on the previous ref, but yesterday's was definitely cack. He was getting taken in by Villa's play acting constantly.

Just one example, we were put under pressure at the end from a free kick which was given to Villa after Grealish had had actually fouled Edwards, but in the resukting flurry of limbs as they went to the ground, Grealish clasped his leg, whined and rolled, got the decision.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ref was worse last week on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 1123 viewsWickets

Ref was worse last week on 11:10 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

Can't comment on the previous ref, but yesterday's was definitely cack. He was getting taken in by Villa's play acting constantly.

Just one example, we were put under pressure at the end from a free kick which was given to Villa after Grealish had had actually fouled Edwards, but in the resukting flurry of limbs as they went to the ground, Grealish clasped his leg, whined and rolled, got the decision.

And that free kick, as you say should have gone our way, could well have cost us a hard earned point.
Ref was worse last week on 12:21 - Aug 19 with 1084 viewsTractorWood

Ref was worse last week on 00:27 - Aug 19 by manchego

2nd wasn't a yellow card.

The tip here is that when the tackled goes up and away it's not really a foul. That can only happen when they jump.

Watch it again. It's a bad challenge.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ref was worse last week on 13:01 - Aug 19 with 1058 viewsmanchego

Ref was worse last week on 12:21 - Aug 19 by TractorWood

Watch it again. It's a bad challenge.

you've been conned by the head back arms flailing thing.
that doesn't actually happen when someone is hurt.
Simulation bookings on 13:31 - Aug 19 with 1033 viewsDyland

Ref was worse last week on 10:44 - Aug 19 by southnorfolkblue

It was a difficult game for the ref to be fair. One of the things that I like about this division is that on the whole the players don’t go down like they’ve been shot for the slightest thing. Villa reminded me of a Premier League team in the way that they rolled around. Makes it very difficult for the ref to work out firstly whether there has even been contact at all, and then if there has just how bad the foul has been.

I didn’t have a good view of either of Edun’s yellow cards, so I really don’t know whether he’s been unlucky or not. He has certainly been naive because if you are playing against players that like to go to ground and you’re already on a yellow card you’ve got to be more careful than he was. It doesn’t matter whether the first yellow was harsh - it’s been given so you have to play on accordingly.

My biggest frustration with the ref was that they blatantly dived twice in the second half to try and get penalties and neither was shown a yellow card.

Even the Villa fans I talked to afterwards agreed that if the one nearer the end wasn't a foul, then it's a yellow card for simulation.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ref was worse last week on 14:10 - Aug 19 with 1004 viewsTractorWood

Ref was worse last week on 13:01 - Aug 19 by manchego

you've been conned by the head back arms flailing thing.
that doesn't actually happen when someone is hurt.

So you have to hurt someone for it to be a yellow?

He left the ground, jumped in a bit and didn't get the ball. Villa like an overreaction but was still a yellow imo.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 14:15]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024