Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shouldnt have sold the big players. 17:50 - Aug 25 with 1898 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

If we had kept our championship quality players, signed just Nolan/Edwards and Chalobah on loan, we would be competing top 10 instead of rock bottom.

PH is a good manager who made poor recruitment decisions.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:52 - Aug 25 with 1881 viewstiptreeblue

THEY DIDN`T WANT TO BE HERE YOU IDIOT. why can`t some people grasp this?
Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 1865 viewsbluehook

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 1859 viewsITFCBlues

What money do we use to sign them then?

Not to mention that NONE of those players wanted to be here

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 1861 viewspointofblue

They wanted to go. And we couldn't afford Nolan or Nsiala without Waghorn's departure.

The question is should we have spent money on loans to replace them rather than taking gambles of Harrison and Jackson? I still back Hurst in his decision making there as I prefer bringing and, and bringing through, players of our own rather than bulking the squad out with loans. But is the money there if we need to change tack? He has no more games left before he has to decide what we need and try and sign new players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 1860 viewsJohnny_Boy

Waghorn wanted to leave.
Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:54 - Aug 25 with 1856 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:52 - Aug 25 by tiptreeblue

They never said otherwise other than Garner, modern ay footballers follow the pound signs. If we had put a new improved contract in front of Waghorn/Webster they would of stayed. Waghorn is a bench player at Derby who hasn't even come off the bench in the last 2 games.

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:55 - Aug 25 with 1825 viewsSuperblue95

Was one stupid, attention seeking post not enough for you?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:55 - Aug 25 with 1822 viewsITFCBlues

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:53 - Aug 25 by pointofblue

They wanted to go. And we couldn't afford Nolan or Nsiala without Waghorn's departure.

The question is should we have spent money on loans to replace them rather than taking gambles of Harrison and Jackson? I still back Hurst in his decision making there as I prefer bringing and, and bringing through, players of our own rather than bulking the squad out with loans. But is the money there if we need to change tack? He has no more games left before he has to decide what we need and try and sign new players.

We’re trying to sign players. It sounds like he’s known the ones he’s wanted for some time now but just waiting for things to fall into place. Either way, we need three players for me. Need a proper wide player, striker & CB.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 1817 viewsTrequartista

Why couldn't we afford Nolan and Nsiala without Waghorn's departure? The owner can easily afford it if he wants to.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:57 - Aug 25 with 1804 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:55 - Aug 25 by Superblue95

Was one stupid, attention seeking post not enough for you?

Shush please.

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:58 - Aug 25 with 1792 viewspointofblue

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:55 - Aug 25 by ITFCBlues

We’re trying to sign players. It sounds like he’s known the ones he’s wanted for some time now but just waiting for things to fall into place. Either way, we need three players for me. Need a proper wide player, striker & CB.

The question is who we (try to) bring in though - do we stick to the current method of signing players from the lower leagues and developing them or do we add an seasoned professional, or two, or three to the squad?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:02 - Aug 25 with 1764 viewsSuperblue95

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:57 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

Shush please.

I will when you do

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:34 - Aug 25 with 1700 viewsGuthrum

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:54 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

They never said otherwise other than Garner, modern ay footballers follow the pound signs. If we had put a new improved contract in front of Waghorn/Webster they would of stayed. Waghorn is a bench player at Derby who hasn't even come off the bench in the last 2 games.

Blimey. So we've got to find the money for big new contracts for existing players as well as that needed to hire new ones, all without realising any of our more saleable assets?

Whose magic money tree were you planning to harvest?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:36 - Aug 25 with 1690 viewsGlasgowBlue

Don't think he had a choice with either Webster or Waghorn.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:38 - Aug 25 with 1677 viewsGuthrum

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:56 - Aug 25 by Trequartista

Why couldn't we afford Nolan and Nsiala without Waghorn's departure? The owner can easily afford it if he wants to.

Can people stop looking at the Sunday Times Rich List and casually assuming it means cash lying around in the bank available to spend. It doesn't. Assets, such as shares and property, have to be sold to raise cash. Evans is not going to sell his business (or his house) to fund ITFC.

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:41 - Aug 25 with 1659 viewsBenters2

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:52 - Aug 25 by tiptreeblue

Steady on Jamhead
Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:43 - Aug 25 with 1644 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:34 - Aug 25 by Guthrum

Blimey. So we've got to find the money for big new contracts for existing players as well as that needed to hire new ones, all without realising any of our more saleable assets?

Whose magic money tree were you planning to harvest?

Sell Garner, McGoldrick, Hyam, Gleeson, Carayol, MM and TC all off wages. Frees up a lot of cash indeed.

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:43 - Aug 25 with 1644 viewsBlueAllOver

Would they have wanted to go if they hadn't seen the pattern of recruitment if the old manager was still here?
Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:51 - Aug 25 with 1609 viewsGuthrum

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:43 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

Sell Garner, McGoldrick, Hyam, Gleeson, Carayol, MM and TC all off wages. Frees up a lot of cash indeed.

Nowhere near enough. Garner raised about a £800k profit, McGoldrick was on a fair bit but the other players weren't. Were McCarthy and Connor on so much more than Hurst and Doig (plus all the new fitness people, the new gym and the trip to Spain)? The new players all have to be paid, plus transfer/signing on fees, plus your big new contracts for (the injury hit) Webster, Waghorn and the one we'd already given to Bialkowski.

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:53 - Aug 25 with 1591 viewsGuthrum

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 17:54 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

Hurst said in a recent press conference that Waghorn asked to leave.

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 19:49 - Aug 25 with 1506 viewstiptreeblue

Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 18:41 - Aug 25 by Benters2

Steady on Jamhead

Sorry Benters but there are some stupid people on here sometimes, and i bit. i know i know, i should know better
Shouldnt have sold the big players. on 19:56 - Aug 25 with 1484 viewsJ4ck22

Why do you keep making threads about the SAME thing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024