Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? 08:22 - Aug 27 with 1658 viewsBlindMullets

Thought it would be interesting to read now we’ve played a few under him. Can’t find it though.
Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 08:44 - Aug 27 with 1628 viewsHarryfromBath

Here's the link. Funnily enough, I went back to it myself last week...

Paul Hurst’s Time at Shrewsbury — A History in Seven Matches 13th Jun 2018 15:00
HarryFromBath takes a look at our new manager through Shrewsbury supporters’ eyes while also looking at a number of games which charted his progress at New Meadow. 25

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 09:02 - Aug 27 with 1592 viewsurbanblue

Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 08:44 - Aug 27 by HarryfromBath

Paul Hurst’s Time at Shrewsbury — A History in Seven Matches 13th Jun 2018 15:00
HarryFromBath takes a look at our new manager through Shrewsbury supporters’ eyes while also looking at a number of games which charted his progress at New Meadow. 25

My goodness ... What an eyeopener reading that in the context of his start here. Building a team with players from lower leagues. Shrews fans commenting on Hursts failure to sign the right Centre Forward along with balls often crossed into the box with no one there to meet them!! Almost seems carbon copy so here's hoping the results are the same!!
Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 09:18 - Aug 27 with 1547 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 09:02 - Aug 27 by urbanblue

My goodness ... What an eyeopener reading that in the context of his start here. Building a team with players from lower leagues. Shrews fans commenting on Hursts failure to sign the right Centre Forward along with balls often crossed into the box with no one there to meet them!! Almost seems carbon copy so here's hoping the results are the same!!

If you look at their goals last season, most significant players seemed to be Rodman and Eisa (left winger). Hope Eisa is the player Hurst wants for the left wing.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 13:36 - Aug 27 with 1417 viewsBlindMullets

Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 08:44 - Aug 27 by HarryfromBath

Thanks Harry! Makes for reassuring reading in these early days. Interesting that fans at his previous clubs were unsure at the beginning too. I guess it depends on your view of change.
Can anyone get the link to Harry from Bath’s report on Paul Hurst? on 14:19 - Aug 27 with 1370 viewsDarth_Koont

This section stuck out:

Winning by Narrow Margins
“We played some really nice football under Hurst but I wouldn't say he was attack-minded. A solid back four and a three in central midfield were the keys to our success. I can't say I ever saw us cut loose. The 4-0 first-half rout of Bristol Rovers was partly on the counter because they had a go at us.”

“He is not an out-and-out attacking manager. He will make sure defence is the number one priority, but although not a high scoring team you will score more than you let in. Expect plenty of odd goal wins, plenty of shut-outs”, “As good as our season was, we won many of our games by a single goal.”

“We finished third but only scored 60 goals, compared to promoted Wigan’s 89 and Blackburn’s 82”, “We played attractive football and could have scored more but often lacked quality in the last third”, “Hurst was good at setting up teams to soak up pressure but not great at going at inferior teams.”

“The figures matched our tactics, strong defence, superb goalkeeping and going forward was mostly wing play. The penalty area in attack could get frustrating, often crosses came in from wingers and no one there to meet it while the attacking group would seem to try pass the ball into the net.”

-------

It suggests we're not going to see some massive difference in attack which is a little concerning. I don't have a problem with that approach only that it puts a great emphasis on us not getting undone at set-pieces. I'm sure we'll get sharper defending them but the problem we have in the Championship is that there's always the quality for someone to deliver a perfect cross or put a freekick into the top corner. Be interesting to see if Hurst will see the need to shift his approach slightly to compensate for that.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024