Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart needs to be back in goal tonight 08:39 - Sep 18 with 3600 viewsCOYBitfc

While I know he hasn't had the best start to the season he shouldn't have been dropped in my view.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Bart needs to be back in goal tonight on 14:18 - Sep 18 with 469 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bart needs to be back in goal tonight on 14:14 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

I sit in the South Stand so had a similar view as you - was actually basically in line as sit on effectively the left hand post.

I don't want to go too far into the save - I thought it was good at time, but assumed picked up a slight deflection as slow to react. Had that gone in it would have been a howler though as effectively straight at him.

But.....you haven't responded to point about what you would think if you get to ground later and Bart recalled?

Assuming Gerken wasn't injured I would be at a loss with the message Hurst was sending the players.

You cannot drop a player doing their job perfectly fine and doing it better than the person they replaced, unless there is a clear tactical reason for doing so, for example playing 3 at the back or going 1 up front. The goalkeeper really doesn't come into that thinking.

So if I get down there at 7pm and see that Bart is back in then I will lose a huge amount of confidence in Hurst.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bart needs to be back in goal tonight on 14:43 - Sep 18 with 452 viewsCurrie10

Gerken HAS to play tonight or Hurst looks beyond dumb.

Tell you what, if Bart was asked SHOULD he play tonight after Gerken has done well the last two games - even Bart would admit it's Gerken's shirt to lose.

What are we saying, someone gets their chance, comes in, does better than the dropped player then is dropped by doing well!?

Laughable.
Bart needs to be back in goal tonight on 22:25 - Sep 18 with 403 viewsCOYBitfc

Just to say, fair play to Gerken, played well tonight and got some decent saves in. Credit where credit is due

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024