Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst is surely gone after that 17:18 - Sep 22 with 15202 viewsSteve_M

Crap, never threatened to score. We look like we could go all season without winning a game.

Evans half-arsed ownership was bailed out by McCarthy. The gap shows now. We're going down.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst is surely gone after that on 10:01 - Sep 23 with 1004 viewsurbanblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:55 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

You have to wonder what kind of message it sent out to the squad when we made six changes, including bringing in three brand new loanees and replacing a popular and well-respected Bart, for the derby game. Going into that game we'd been playing pretty well, we just needed to defend better from set pieces and be a bit better with our final ball. We didn't need six changes and three newbies who had barely even met their teammates. Since then it's been largely dire, we ought to have come back after the international break looking a better and more cohesive side but in fact the opposite happened at Hull. We look lost.

Exactly, we all find the change of approach from Norwich onwards baffling. We are all saying that Hurst has lost it by abandoning his principles. However, I find myself wondering if he was advised/told that he needed to adjust for the Championship .... Whether, in fact, the senior pros, club staff or may be ME told him to change his approach ... get in players with Championship experience etc. The result being that Hurst in trying to keep everyone happy has just created chaos!
Hurst is surely gone after that on 10:06 - Sep 23 with 983 viewsBackToRussia

Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:55 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

You have to wonder what kind of message it sent out to the squad when we made six changes, including bringing in three brand new loanees and replacing a popular and well-respected Bart, for the derby game. Going into that game we'd been playing pretty well, we just needed to defend better from set pieces and be a bit better with our final ball. We didn't need six changes and three newbies who had barely even met their teammates. Since then it's been largely dire, we ought to have come back after the international break looking a better and more cohesive side but in fact the opposite happened at Hull. We look lost.

That's it. Already has that end of tenure scattergun approach feel to it already.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 10:07 - Sep 23 with 976 viewstractorboy1978

Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:44 - Sep 23 by Steve_M

I think that's spot on, there were problems to resolve with the team but there was a clear sense of purpose and an approach from Hurst. Granted it needed to be for longer periods of time but it's fallen away almost completely since, the second half against Brentford and 20 minutes against Norwich being the only other occasions.

I just can't see how Hurst can turn it round now, things just look to be too far gone and we could easily go the next three or four games still without a win.

His two best signings IMO have looked Donacien and Edun and neither can nail down a starting position. The former is the fall guy every time we need to drop a loanee from the squad, regardless of his previous performances. Pennington looked a fish out of water at full back going forwards. Edun is bright and energetic every time I watch him and tries to move the ball with far more urgency than anyone else is. It was seriously ponderous again yesterday, players not wanting to take responsibility or take the game by the scruff of the neck. Bolton were comfortable.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 10:11]
Hurst is surely gone after that on 10:10 - Sep 23 with 958 viewsHerbivore

Hurst is surely gone after that on 10:01 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

Exactly, we all find the change of approach from Norwich onwards baffling. We are all saying that Hurst has lost it by abandoning his principles. However, I find myself wondering if he was advised/told that he needed to adjust for the Championship .... Whether, in fact, the senior pros, club staff or may be ME told him to change his approach ... get in players with Championship experience etc. The result being that Hurst in trying to keep everyone happy has just created chaos!

It just smacked of panic and trying to eek out a win at all costs rather than thinking long term. The selection against Brentford was also mind boggling, it looked like he'd picked it out of a hat. Sure, he explained why he made that selection but a blind man could see it was never going to work.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:37 - Sep 23 with 803 viewswarkthisway

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:41 - Sep 22 by Reuser_is_God

Might aswell put the R next to our name.

That’s actually very funny

bentnkuqi

Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:39 - Sep 23 with 790 viewsReuser_is_God

Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:20 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

As you know Steve, I've always had a lot of respect for your opinion and posts. Iv'e always found them interesting, thoughtful and reasoned and have often gained insight as to what is going on when I couldn't see games. For you to feel like this is really something.

With ifollow and an early renewed enthusiasm for watching us play I can now comment having seen every game bar Exeter. Up to Norwich I was thoroughly enjoying it. Yes, there were problems but we seemed to be going in the right direction and I was looking forward to every game. Now .... well, I'm rapidly returning to can I be arsed to stay up territory.

Something has obviously happened within the squad and things seemed to have changed. It was about when the loanees came in. Till then I thought it was promising. If that problem can be addressed then maybe Hurst has a chance. I reckon it may have something to do with Bart being dropped going by some of the gossip. I actually think Hurst can be successful but Evans has to get involved and sort out whatever mess is going on internally.

We are not a sacking club and are known for giving managers time. I really don't want us to turn into Leeds!

[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 8:29]

This x 100

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:44 - Sep 23 with 771 viewsm14_blue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 10:01 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

I wondered the same.

It certainly felt like a 'back to basics' approach with a style that our established players are far more familiar with.

Either way, it eradicated any sense that we were working towards a clear plan, albeit with limited success.

Ever since those changes we have looked completely clueless, with the second half against Brentford the only slight exception.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024