Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think Hurst is done here 17:46 - Sep 22 with 2346 viewsdavblue

Maybe not immediately but it just doesn't feel right.

Things have gone against us but we haven't had a good 90 minute performance yet, we are disjointed, confused and poderpuff going forward.

To turn this around now is going to take a hell of an effort, albeit we aren't losing game after game.

It's a massive shame, i had high hopes for Hurst.
Think Hurst is done here on 17:55 - Sep 22 with 2276 viewsstrikalite

I had big hopes too, but today was his chance to get things started, I think Evans might have to admit he got it wrong, no disgrace in that, I was happy he was appointed, but this isn't looking good and can't see any light sadly...
Think Hurst is done here on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 2214 viewsDarth_Koont

It's worrying but a note of caution: We haven't got a win yet and that is affecting us probably more than whatever Hurst is doing. If a win and some confidence doesn't kickstart Hurst's philosophy then we'll know there's a problem.

I don't think we've got enough information yet to decide whether Hurst is good or bad for ITFC.

Pronouns: He/Him

Think Hurst is done here on 18:04 - Sep 22 with 2178 viewsreusersfreekicks

Think Hurst is done here on 18:02 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

It's worrying but a note of caution: We haven't got a win yet and that is affecting us probably more than whatever Hurst is doing. If a win and some confidence doesn't kickstart Hurst's philosophy then we'll know there's a problem.

I don't think we've got enough information yet to decide whether Hurst is good or bad for ITFC.

You don't not win in 9 games if the manager is doing ok
Think Hurst is done here on 18:13 - Sep 22 with 2102 viewsDarth_Koont

Think Hurst is done here on 18:04 - Sep 22 by reusersfreekicks

You don't not win in 9 games if the manager is doing ok

Debatable if it's the start of their reign and the start of a new season.

Don't get me wrong, I've not been impressed. But I've been even less impressed by the decisions and mistakes made by the individual players. To me, that's more about confidence.

Which may also be down to the manager. But the lack of wins looks like a more obvious problem at the moment.

Think Hurst is done here on 18:19 - Sep 22 with 2035 viewsdavblue

yeah the confidence side of things is obviously an issues.

What's more worrying is he hasn't stuck to his beliefs, high pressing, more possession.

You just a get a feeling something isn't going to work out and after the Derby game i was worried, we've had little spells where we have looked ok and was a taster but we haven't seen it enough.

Hurst needs to look at himself, the encouraging thing is we aren't getting steamrolled and the players are together, he appears to have them on side in terms of commitment if not totally in his style.
Think Hurst is done here on 18:24 - Sep 22 with 1986 viewsDarth_Koont

Think Hurst is done here on 18:19 - Sep 22 by davblue

yeah the confidence side of things is obviously an issues.

What's more worrying is he hasn't stuck to his beliefs, high pressing, more possession.

You just a get a feeling something isn't going to work out and after the Derby game i was worried, we've had little spells where we have looked ok and was a taster but we haven't seen it enough.

Hurst needs to look at himself, the encouraging thing is we aren't getting steamrolled and the players are together, he appears to have them on side in terms of commitment if not totally in his style.

Yes, we certainly haven't been outplayed bar the first half against Brentford.

But a manager and a team that can compete but not get points is the same as a bad team. Here's hoping that something clicks and we start showing we're better than that.

Think Hurst is done here on 18:27 - Sep 22 with 1937 viewsSkuse4ballondor

It would be such a mistake to sack Hurst now. A lot of fans have been waiting for this change for 2 years. Yet after just 10 games a lot of fans want to revert to a more experienced manager. The decision to sack Mick was the right one. In my opinion the wrong decision was not appointing Ross but that's neither here nor there at the moment. Hurst was the type of young manager we had been waiting for for so long. It is really strange to me how many fans are willing to abandon the project after so short a time and go back to the type of manager they protested against for 2 years. Hurst is still finding his feet, it's only September, fans need to put things into perspective. If we are really struggling at Christmas then perhaps it would be right to sack him. We could easily finish in the top half under Hurst. Abandoning the new project everyone cried out for with still so much football to play seems like madness to me. We made a mistake by not appointing Ross, let's not make another by sacking Hurst.
Think Hurst is done here on 19:35 - Sep 22 with 1723 viewsLeoMuff

Think Hurst is done here on 18:27 - Sep 22 by Skuse4ballondor

It would be such a mistake to sack Hurst now. A lot of fans have been waiting for this change for 2 years. Yet after just 10 games a lot of fans want to revert to a more experienced manager. The decision to sack Mick was the right one. In my opinion the wrong decision was not appointing Ross but that's neither here nor there at the moment. Hurst was the type of young manager we had been waiting for for so long. It is really strange to me how many fans are willing to abandon the project after so short a time and go back to the type of manager they protested against for 2 years. Hurst is still finding his feet, it's only September, fans need to put things into perspective. If we are really struggling at Christmas then perhaps it would be right to sack him. We could easily finish in the top half under Hurst. Abandoning the new project everyone cried out for with still so much football to play seems like madness to me. We made a mistake by not appointing Ross, let's not make another by sacking Hurst.

I would have sympathy for Hurst if he hadn’t entirely changed a mid table team in one transfer window and made pretty open comments about the shortcomings of what he found here.

The first being basic managerial common sense, to make gradual improvements, the second setting you up for a massive fall.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Think Hurst is done here on 19:46 - Sep 22 with 1661 viewsthebooks

Unfortunately, there's a lot of information to indicate he isn't good enough: our points total, our performances, our weird tactics (45m hoof ball then 45m pass pass pass pass pass), the constant team changes, signing 50 loan players, the outgoing players vs the incoming players and the whole change-everything-at-once-approach.

I thought a win might turn our season around, but for me that had to come today. It's more likely we'll get a win (no-one can avoid winning 46 games in a season), but we'll continue to be poor. We have a difficult run ahead, and if we have, say, 10 points after 15 games we really will be in the soup.

We've had a relatively easy start to the season. Can you see us picking up points against strong sides?
Think Hurst is done here on 19:56 - Sep 22 with 1538 viewswarkthisway

Think Hurst is done here on 19:35 - Sep 22 by LeoMuff

I would have sympathy for Hurst if he hadn’t entirely changed a mid table team in one transfer window and made pretty open comments about the shortcomings of what he found here.

The first being basic managerial common sense, to make gradual improvements, the second setting you up for a massive fall.

Agreed he hasn’t helped himself- ie dropping your player of the season- and now he’s making Jewell like decisions–-he waffled and waffled in the post match interview - had sympathy for the players but none for the fans- he really does need to step up his game or get out before it’s too late to save the season

bentnkuqi

Think Hurst is done here on 20:00 - Sep 22 with 1497 viewsDarth_Koont

Think Hurst is done here on 19:46 - Sep 22 by thebooks

Unfortunately, there's a lot of information to indicate he isn't good enough: our points total, our performances, our weird tactics (45m hoof ball then 45m pass pass pass pass pass), the constant team changes, signing 50 loan players, the outgoing players vs the incoming players and the whole change-everything-at-once-approach.

I thought a win might turn our season around, but for me that had to come today. It's more likely we'll get a win (no-one can avoid winning 46 games in a season), but we'll continue to be poor. We have a difficult run ahead, and if we have, say, 10 points after 15 games we really will be in the soup.

We've had a relatively easy start to the season. Can you see us picking up points against strong sides?

I have no idea what will happen. But I think that while we're misfiring we're not being outplayed.

So get that first win and who knows. We're running out of time though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024