Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheerio Paul Hurst 16:52 - Oct 25 with 1463 viewsDeano69

Sorry it didnt work out for you here. No hard feelings from my point of view. Just need to concentrate on survival now.

Sad day

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 16:54 - Oct 25 with 1437 viewsBloomBlue

Saddest part of this for me is the club is saying we're only interested in staying in the championship you have to gamble like other clubs have. We'll be in this league forever
Cheerio Paul Hurst on 16:57 - Oct 25 with 1411 viewschicoazul

It is a very sad day yes but Hurst did himself no favours from the moment he walked in by alienating and upsetting a lot of key people, giving in to agents & selling our main players, grossly underestimating what was required at this level, and just generally being useless. The thing to feel sorry about is the fact Evans will never try someone like him ever again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 16:57 - Oct 25 with 1410 viewsPendejo

Very sad... shame it didn't work out as we all wanted it.

Did ME kick a black cat causing it to break a mirror when he bought ITFC?

Also, you know that Hurst will now manage a team that mauls us in the very near future.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:00 - Oct 25 with 1380 viewsSPEX_Blue

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 16:54 - Oct 25 by BloomBlue

Saddest part of this for me is the club is saying we're only interested in staying in the championship you have to gamble like other clubs have. We'll be in this league forever

We gambled with Hurst and it didn't pay off. The last couple of games were a shambles.
Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:08 - Oct 25 with 1357 viewsDeano69

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:00 - Oct 25 by SPEX_Blue

We gambled with Hurst and it didn't pay off. The last couple of games were a shambles.

Aye, no getting away from that.

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:13 - Oct 25 with 1338 viewsNBVJohn

My advice to PH would be:
Have a plan for change but don't steam in like a bull in a china shop
Consider your public comments carefully - this is how the public will judge you
Don't blame senior players for not stepping up to support your new recruits - particularly when your not picking two of them [Bart and Knudsen]. The sheer number of these new recruits combined with constant changes to the team was too much for the longer serving players to be expected to absorb.

It's not all on PH though. When appointing a relatively in experienced [at this level] manager, ME did nowhere near enough to create a structure that supported and challenged his actions. What did it for me was when PH appeared to almost boast that ME was surprised at the level of change he made so quickly. Where was the governance and check of what he was doing? Both ME and PH have demonstrated appalling naivety in my view.

Despite his disastrous reign here, I don't think he's done, and if he has the humility to learn from his mistakes, he could come back stronger. Based on my above points, only he will know if he has that humility. I genuinely wish him every success.

This may not be a popular view, but the only person to emerge from this with any credibility is Luke Chambers who, it seems to me has bust a gut to keep things together on the pitch and within the club. That his performances have suffered is no surprise - I suspect it has been a draining few months. I don't doubt that rumours will continue to abound, and we'll never really know, but I think that he has at least shown some dignity and passion.

Whoever the new man is, supporters need to be just that and get behind the team now and stop calling out individuals.
Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:26 - Oct 25 with 1304 viewsOldsmoker

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:13 - Oct 25 by NBVJohn

Don't blame senior players for not stepping up to support your new recruits - particularly when your not picking two of them [Bart and Knudsen]. The sheer number of these new recruits combined with constant changes to the team was too much for the longer serving players to be expected to absorb.

It's not all on PH though. When appointing a relatively in experienced [at this level] manager, ME did nowhere near enough to create a structure that supported and challenged his actions. What did it for me was when PH appeared to almost boast that ME was surprised at the level of change he made so quickly. Where was the governance and check of what he was doing? Both ME and PH have demonstrated appalling naivety in my view.

Despite his disastrous reign here, I don't think he's done, and if he has the humility to learn from his mistakes, he could come back stronger. Based on my above points, only he will know if he has that humility. I genuinely wish him every success.

This may not be a popular view, but the only person to emerge from this with any credibility is Luke Chambers who, it seems to me has bust a gut to keep things together on the pitch and within the club. That his performances have suffered is no surprise - I suspect it has been a draining few months. I don't doubt that rumours will continue to abound, and we'll never really know, but I think that he has at least shown some dignity and passion.

Whoever the new man is, supporters need to be just that and get behind the team now and stop calling out individuals.

Chairman talks to Chairman when players are transferred so there WAS governance and checks.
ME would have agreed to the price and the wages.
No player would have joined or left the club without Evans approval.
He would have known exactly what was going on but relied on Hursts judgement.
I think that Centre half from Blackpool that didn't come here was a key factor in the recruitment. Had he come things might have been different.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:51 - Oct 25 with 1240 viewschicoazul

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 17:13 - Oct 25 by NBVJohn

I dont necessarily think it's a bad thing to appoint a Manager and get out of the way, although it is an old-school approach now and not many clubs do it that way anymore. Just got to make sure you appoint the right Manager in the first place.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 00:32 - Oct 26 with 1192 viewsDeano69

Cheerio Paul Hurst on 16:54 - Oct 25 by BloomBlue

Nothing would please me more than still being in this league next August.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024