Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan 13:24 - Oct 28 with 3578 viewsbluelady

Now I may be shot down for this BUT when he first joined many were delighted and thought he was what we were looking for.. however for some reason it just has not worked he has looked out of place, short on confidence and clueless.. you don’t become a bad player over night I think personally the total lack of direction, not knowing who the team was going to be and a lack of real man management has meant a few players have totally underperformed (Bart hasn’t become an awful keeper over night he has just lost total confidence) I think Nolan with some good direction and man managment could surprise a few of us this season... Donancian despite being totally messed about has looked decent - imagine how good he could be in a settled team? I maybe clutching at straws but I see a tiny glimmer of hope... sadly a few other players have not underperformed they are just out of their league (literally)
Nolan on 13:30 - Oct 28 with 3531 viewsGarv

You're right. Football fans have seen it for years, how everything looks completely bleak and somehow, just with a change of management things pick up. Doesn't stop us thinking we're down already.

I have hope for Donacien, he's looked a good defender while being as you say, completely messed about.

If we don't rely on and expect Nolan to the be the ultimate creative force as we did in the early stages, and just ask him to recycle the ball and perhaps try and get on the end of things when he can, we might appreciate him more. Clearly wasn't the man to shoulder so much responsibility so early on.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nolan on 13:30 - Oct 28 with 3536 viewsGuthrum

The problem with citing man-management for Nolan is that he was Hurst and Doig's player before. So either they'd changed or he couldn't cope with the step up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nolan on 13:31 - Oct 28 with 3526 viewsBasuco

Sadly the team have lacked shape and direction to such a degree that it is difficult to assess who has or hasn't performed, Town need a lot of work to put the current squad into a team, but a huge omission from the squad is a no. 10 who can hold on to the ball and retain possession.
Nolan on 13:42 - Oct 28 with 3452 viewsbluelady

Nolan on 13:30 - Oct 28 by Guthrum

The problem with citing man-management for Nolan is that he was Hurst and Doig's player before. So either they'd changed or he couldn't cope with the step up.

Yes in a team that seemingly new each other well and had directions - for him maybe that wasn’t even worse as he expected what he knew and didn’t get what he bargained for
Nolan on 16:57 - Oct 28 with 3184 viewsPilgrimblue

I think he cold make it. He's not bad with movement and takes good position but like the rest of the team his passing isn't sharp enough. He scored a good goal which is more than can be said about many. He could be more important than Dozzel who looked lost yesterday and clearly needs time.
If fit I hope Rowe will feature as he too can score opportunist goals that we need.
Nolan on 17:23 - Oct 28 with 3058 viewsVic

This is true Guthers, but with this team stuttering right from the start and dipping in confidence by the time Nolan got here I suspect things are very different to the Shrewsbury team. That was a team high on confidence, with NOlan good enough to boast things. Here he’s on a team low on confidence and he’s a small fish in a league where many are better, smarter more battle hardened than him.

I suspect he’s suffered like the rest by being thrown in at the deep end and having to swim. Had he had a couple of old boys around him he’d have been OK.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Nolan on 19:34 - Oct 28 with 2760 viewsLeoMuff

Maybe, but for ME to pull the trigger this early, coupled with credible rumours things were very wrong behind the scenes. Hopefully the whole team underperforming ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Nolan on 19:37 - Oct 28 with 2753 viewsPJH

Nolan on 17:23 - Oct 28 by Vic

This is true Guthers, but with this team stuttering right from the start and dipping in confidence by the time Nolan got here I suspect things are very different to the Shrewsbury team. That was a team high on confidence, with NOlan good enough to boast things. Here he’s on a team low on confidence and he’s a small fish in a league where many are better, smarter more battle hardened than him.

I suspect he’s suffered like the rest by being thrown in at the deep end and having to swim. Had he had a couple of old boys around him he’d have been OK.

We had only played one game before Nolan arrived hadn't we?

edit-yep,debut in second game at Rotherham and I thought he looked quite good,just about the only time that I have thought that.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 19:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Nolan on 19:39 - Oct 28 with 2728 viewsWickets

I've said more that once that i think there is a decent player in Nolan, i have always been impressed that although things have not gone his way he never hide always putting in lots of effort . I love to see him come good, dont write it off!
Nolan on 20:00 - Oct 28 with 2660 viewsnshearman1

Nolan on 19:39 - Oct 28 by Wickets

I've said more that once that i think there is a decent player in Nolan, i have always been impressed that although things have not gone his way he never hide always putting in lots of effort . I love to see him come good, dont write it off!

We've seen lots of players giving lots of effort, particularly under Mick, over many years now. The problem is, they're just not good enough, and the ones that are good enough leave relatively quickly for better money and more ambition elsewhere.
Nolan on 22:22 - Oct 28 with 2397 viewsCaptMickMills

Hope so
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024