Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why's everyone talking about January ? 10:12 - Nov 4 with 1140 viewsWhymarkmariner

If we don't soon get a couple of wins January will be irrelevant. Decent though they may have played yesterday we still couldn't put a team away that finished with 10 men. I feel that if the gap between us and the fourth from bottom gets much bigger than the current five points before the January window we will struggle. A majority of those immediately above us won yesterday. I think the big hope is with some of the injured players getting back a.s.a.p. I can see what PL is trying to do but finding a real striker out of what we have maybe impossible and we still aren't creating enough goal scoring opportunities and Preston were the better side when they went down to 10 men.
Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:16 - Nov 4 with 1117 viewsgt81

Because January is when the transfer window opens when PL can bring in what he feels we need to get up the table.

We all know we carry little goalscoring threat, so we try the best with what we've got and pray that we're not hopelessly out of touch by then.
Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:20 - Nov 4 with 1103 viewsArnieM

I think we all realise this, but can’t face that fact. But there is nothing anyone can do until January. Lambert has to use what’s Hurst has left him to work with. However th3 quality of Lambert and his team was all too evident yesterday, when after only 5days with the squad, he creates a “ team”, where individuals know their specific job and also worked as unit.

Lambert created in just 5 days , what Hurst was incapable of doing in 3months. Unity, self belief, team spirit, endeavour, and a high pressing passing game !

I just hope and pray Lambo can pull this out of the bag, because if he does, it will be like winning the bloody League!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:25 - Nov 4 with 1082 viewsbournemouthblue

Indeed well Lambert needs us treading water to January as you say

Roberts upfront seems like an interesting shout. We will see if he can extract anything from Rowe. We really need Huws back, he could and should be the difference really.

Lambert's long term goal as much as signings is develop the decent batch of youth players we have currently. They'll be as valuable as big money signings if they can fulfil their potential.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:27 - Nov 4 with 1073 viewsstrikalite

January is very difficult to bring in exactly what you need, how many times have we been here over the years and we all sit and wait and nothing really happens, why? Because no Club will release anyone of quality within a squad(Hugill springs to mind, messed about and knew they could get twice the money in the summer, which they did!)so we'd be looking at Prem loans on players who haven't featured for whatever reason...Lambert hopefully has good contacts though you would have thought..

As you say, we could be cut adrift unless we start scoring and winning a few.
Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:55 - Nov 4 with 1023 viewsGuthrum

Not strictly true. Even if everyone continues with their current medium-term form, we will still only be eight or nine points adrift of 21st at the opening of the window. Difficult, but by no means insurmountable if we can recruit one or more better strikers (or get our own scoring regularly).

This team has shown itself - even under Hurst - quite good at getting draws. A point per game will be enough to keep us in touch for now.

Am working on a blog/longer post about pathways to safety.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:57 - Nov 4 with 1010 viewsgtsb

Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:20 - Nov 4 by ArnieM

I think we all realise this, but can’t face that fact. But there is nothing anyone can do until January. Lambert has to use what’s Hurst has left him to work with. However th3 quality of Lambert and his team was all too evident yesterday, when after only 5days with the squad, he creates a “ team”, where individuals know their specific job and also worked as unit.

Lambert created in just 5 days , what Hurst was incapable of doing in 3months. Unity, self belief, team spirit, endeavour, and a high pressing passing game !

I just hope and pray Lambo can pull this out of the bag, because if he does, it will be like winning the bloody League!

"Lambo"!!!! Are you Mick McCarthy?
Why's everyone talking about January ? on 11:46 - Nov 4 with 944 viewsfactual_blue

10/01/1975 H Middlesbrough FC 2:0
17/01/1975 A Carlisle United 1:2
31/01/1975 H Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:0

FA Cup
03/01/1975 A Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:1
24/01/1975 H Liverpool FC 1:0

TWTD

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why's everyone talking about January ? on 11:49 - Nov 4 with 940 viewspointofblue

Why's everyone talking about January ? on 10:20 - Nov 4 by ArnieM

I don’t mean to be dismissive but I don’t think we were any better in the first 65 minutes yesterday than we were in the second half against Brentford. The key is consistency - yet again yesterday we couldn’t keep it sustained for 90 minutes and we floundered against ten men with an outfield goalkeeper.

Play like we did in the first 65 minutes across the 90 in more games then we’ll be fine. But consistency is they key and what we lacked under Hurst; we could look decent in one game then awful the next.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024