Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round 09:47 - Dec 4 with 50840 viewsStanleyhouse

Hi, I'm Robert and I'm the Supporter Liaison Officer at Accrington Stanley. I know it's still a month away but I'm starting this thread to answer your questions about Stanley, or your intended visit to East Lancashire for our match (probably on Saturday January 5th 2019)
A quick heads up before any of you book train tickets to Accrington. Be aware that Northern Rail have been striking every Saturday for last three months. That has meant fans have not been able to travel past Manchester, Preston or Hebden Bridge (from Leeds)
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:59 - Jan 4 with 1836 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:14 - Jan 4 by geg1992

Is the club car park open and how quickly do the spaces get filled?

The club car park is small and you need to book in advance, complicated by the fact that the BBC have lorries etc. The stadium is located in a residential area. Just park on a street and get away faster. ( No residents only restrictions)
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:14 - Jan 4 with 1821 viewsITFC_Forever

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 21:44 - Jan 3 by Stanleyhouse

Saturday is fast approaching. Weather is forecast dry and cold , so you can enjoy the open terrace experience (It's the best view in the whole ground).
If you are around early (11:30am) why not be part of the 'football focus audience'
There's plenty of free parking on the streets around the ground. The town centre is a 10/15 minute walk away (there's a wetherspoons). At the ground we have our fanzone marquee from 12 noon with live music before and after the match. After the match join us in the Redz Bar for winners hour, if we win that is, £1 a pint on beer, or if we don't it's only £2. Either way you'll all be made welcome. Pubs around the ground all welcome away fans- The Crown and the Grey Horse are the 2 closest.
There's also bars and food inside the ground.
If anyone hasn't got a ticket yet you'll be able to buy one before the match in the away ticket office, a blue cabin close to the away turnstiles.
Everyone's friendly including our stewards.
We've struggled on the pitch recently and with Zanzala suspended we're pretty light up front.
I'll be around the away turnstiles on Saturday - Big guy , blue jacket... So say hello and any issues give us a shout. Robert

Looking forward to it.... thanks for all your help and input on here since the draw was made.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 16:39 - Jan 5 with 1358 viewswkj

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 18:50 - Dec 17 by Stanleyhouse

I'm liking the reverse psychology. We can't buy a win at the moment and last year we lost to Guiseley at home in the FA Cup. Wouldn't mind a replay and a trip to Suffolk.

It wasn't reverse psychology, it was genuine... and sadly at this stage for us, valid too. Good luck to your lot going forward!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 17:11 - Jan 5 with 1242 viewsosborne

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 16:39 - Jan 5 by wkj

It wasn't reverse psychology, it was genuine... and sadly at this stage for us, valid too. Good luck to your lot going forward!

Thanks Robert. Tell your kids to drink their milk or they'll only be good enough to play for Ipswich. Good luck in the 4th round.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 1094 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 17:11 - Jan 5 by osborne

Thanks Robert. Tell your kids to drink their milk or they'll only be good enough to play for Ipswich. Good luck in the 4th round.

Thank you. I met some very genuine and friendly Ipswich Town fans today. It was a close match. I was a little worried as 4 of our loan signings returned to their parent clubs and we hadn't replaced any of them. Hope you enjoyed your visit if not the result.... and maybe we'll meet again in the Championship......Robert
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:41 - Jan 5 with 978 viewsParamedic

Thanks Accrington Stanley. Could this post be removed now Phil?

AllalallalSunderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024