Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just spoke to an agent... 23:45 - Dec 11 with 18111 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just a close friend of mine for years, has said Lambert is absolutely desperate to get in a veteran striker but is finding wages a big problem already.

Just a reality of how far behind we are with our wage structure. Even though Evans is the seventh richest owner in the football league and the number 1 millionaire ahead of Derby, Forest, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:57 - Dec 12 with 4369 viewsGuthrum

Just spoke to an agent... on 06:25 - Dec 12 by Benters2

What a load of waffle.

I know buy the club etc.

I spent six years doing a job much of which involved looking at the disposable income of the very wealthy (with a view to touching them for large charitable donations). I can state as a fact that £700m in the Sunday Times Rich List does not mean more than a tiny fraction of that as cash in the bank, or even disposable income.

Look at it this way: If you owned assets with a net worth of £100k (e.g. house minus remaining mortgage), that is your wealth (plus a bit for household income). Despite that £100k, you cannot afford to go the the Bahamas five times a year, not unless you want to sell your home to do so (and once the money's gone, it's gone).

However, if you'd won £100k on the lottery (not too far different from those who happened to inherit land full of cheaply-extracted oil or obtained lucrative government contracts in the Far East), then you could spend as much of that cash as you liked without implications.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just spoke to an agent... on 11:57 - Dec 12 with 4290 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:04 - Dec 12 by agentp

Jeera's sarcasm clearly went over your head.

Hard to understand tone and context over a computer screen.

Many apologises Jeera.

Just spoke to an agent... on 11:59 - Dec 12 with 4286 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:36 - Dec 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

Doesn’t Evans loan the money against one of his other businesses not his personal bank account?

Too me it just looks like he is wary of racking up bigger debt everytime he loans it from his other business entities, because ultimately he probably won’t get that back as he has always stated, so is he trying to keep his losses as minimal as possible?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 4:21]

You had told us beforehand that Leigh Griffiths deal is done. Was it from the same 'close friend of yours' ?

Are we after one more striker then?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 12:00]
Just spoke to an agent... on 12:06 - Dec 12 with 4273 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:43 - Dec 12 by Guthrum

The businesses don't necessarily have the spare cash to put in, either. Plus there will be other people having a stake in where that money goes.

And it is real money flowing into the club - wages and supplier bills cannot be settled with imaginative debt shuffling.

Completely agree, understand the capital available for Evans is far from what is portrayed in his net worth. Evans is the controlling stake in the Evans group so at least has the ‘final word’. His ability to meet the liabilities of the club is evident as he has been doing that for 11 years. If the club was running as an insolvent business I think we would have had problems by now.

I’m not suggesting Evans suddenly think he is some oligarch and starts splashing the cash willy billy like Hurst, but I think there is levels to his ambition and certainly would like us to see another level from him, after all his lack of ambition has seen us in then situation we are now.

Just spoke to an agent... on 12:32 - Dec 12 with 4233 viewsjaykay

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:57 - Dec 12 by Guthrum

I spent six years doing a job much of which involved looking at the disposable income of the very wealthy (with a view to touching them for large charitable donations). I can state as a fact that £700m in the Sunday Times Rich List does not mean more than a tiny fraction of that as cash in the bank, or even disposable income.

Look at it this way: If you owned assets with a net worth of £100k (e.g. house minus remaining mortgage), that is your wealth (plus a bit for household income). Despite that £100k, you cannot afford to go the the Bahamas five times a year, not unless you want to sell your home to do so (and once the money's gone, it's gone).

However, if you'd won £100k on the lottery (not too far different from those who happened to inherit land full of cheaply-extracted oil or obtained lucrative government contracts in the Far East), then you could spend as much of that cash as you liked without implications.

i think you have wasted 5 mins off your time, trying to explain things to him.
end of

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Just spoke to an agent... on 12:33 - Dec 12 with 4232 viewsRegencyBlue

No great surprise is it!

Its the main reason we are in the mess we are in. Evans cannot or will not invest the amount of money required by a Championship club and I very much doubt he is going to start now.

We are also in a position where we are going to have to pay a premium on any business we do because January is a sellers market and everyone knows how desperate we are!
Just spoke to an agent... on 12:34 - Dec 12 with 4223 viewsNo9

I suspect PL knew the job spec when he took it.
What he has to do is to point out to Mr E what is at stake.
Just spoke to an agent... on 12:35 - Dec 12 with 4218 viewsjjblue84

Just spoke to an agent... on 23:54 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

Not all riches are the same. An oil sheikh or Russian/Far Eastern tycoon will have far more cash available and fewer constraints on using it than a traditional Western businessman like Evans, most of whose wealth is tied up in company shares.

Then it was an incredibly stupid decision to buy a football club...maybe one day someone will work out the answer!!
Login to get fewer ads

Just spoke to an agent... on 12:40 - Dec 12 with 4215 viewsagentp

Just spoke to an agent... on 12:35 - Dec 12 by jjblue84

Then it was an incredibly stupid decision to buy a football club...maybe one day someone will work out the answer!!

Was it?

The environment was different then. The money filtering down from the premiership was a fraction of what it is now and there were no FFP restrictions.

There is also a small point in that we were infact bankrupt at the time and no-one else wanted to bail us out.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Just spoke to an agent... on 12:42 - Dec 12 with 4205 viewsmarcus1642

Just spoke to an agent... on 07:15 - Dec 12 by Benters2

We will have loads of links to keep the HCs happy...then it will fizzle out,and we will get a 35yr old injured striker on loan until the end of the season.

Balls.

End of.

I make me right.

Let's hope not. But, I can see why you would say it though.
Just spoke to an agent... on 12:44 - Dec 12 with 4196 viewsNo9

Just spoke to an agent... on 12:33 - Dec 12 by RegencyBlue

No great surprise is it!

Its the main reason we are in the mess we are in. Evans cannot or will not invest the amount of money required by a Championship club and I very much doubt he is going to start now.

We are also in a position where we are going to have to pay a premium on any business we do because January is a sellers market and everyone knows how desperate we are!

The way things are going I suspect that many 'owners' will bog down at the transfer fees being asked and the wages demanded.
How can clubs in this division balance the books
How long before ALL clubs in the top 2 divisions are owned by Non UK owners ?
Just spoke to an agent... on 13:21 - Dec 12 with 4137 viewsjjblue84

Just spoke to an agent... on 12:40 - Dec 12 by agentp

Was it?

The environment was different then. The money filtering down from the premiership was a fraction of what it is now and there were no FFP restrictions.

There is also a small point in that we were infact bankrupt at the time and no-one else wanted to bail us out.

How many more times do we have the hear that no one else would have bought us, just to defend the useless idiot!
Just spoke to an agent... on 14:12 - Dec 12 with 4084 viewsagentp

Just spoke to an agent... on 13:21 - Dec 12 by jjblue84

How many more times do we have the hear that no one else would have bought us, just to defend the useless idiot!

No one else would have? They didn't... simple. I think anyone around the club at the time [sure Phil would confirm] would tell you that we weren't exactly inundated with offers. And as I said, the environment was different then.

Out of interest, how much extra would you like to see ME invest? Any amount that would make a difference would obviously see us docked points or under a transfer embargo. Evans needs to invest a stupid amount [That he probably hasn't got] and gamble or stick to a similar budget to now.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 14:14]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Just spoke to an agent... on 14:34 - Dec 12 with 4058 viewsFrimleyBlue

According to my agent friend, it's not the wages themselves, it's the signing on fees and agent fees which causes a lot of problems.

Hence he's not signed one client to town despite meeting 10 times in the past 2 seasons.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Just spoke to an agent... on 14:56 - Dec 12 with 4035 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just spoke to an agent... on 14:34 - Dec 12 by FrimleyBlue

According to my agent friend, it's not the wages themselves, it's the signing on fees and agent fees which causes a lot of problems.

Hence he's not signed one client to town despite meeting 10 times in the past 2 seasons.

Although that makes perfect sense, I was referring to the upcoming transfer window which Lambert has identified he is targeting a 'veteran striker' (i.e Crouch, Murphy mould). But the wage split and what town are prepared to pay has already become a stubbling block.

Just spoke to an agent... on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 4025 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just spoke to an agent... on 14:56 - Dec 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

Although that makes perfect sense, I was referring to the upcoming transfer window which Lambert has identified he is targeting a 'veteran striker' (i.e Crouch, Murphy mould). But the wage split and what town are prepared to pay has already become a stubbling block.

Anything over 50p and we're fked lol

Waka waka eh eh

on 15:00 - Dec 12 with 4029 views_

Just spoke to an agent... on 14:34 - Dec 12 by FrimleyBlue

Just spoke to an agent... on 15:02 - Dec 12 with 4016 viewsFrimleyBlue

on 15:00 - Dec 12 by _

Don't worry libs your still a friend.

Waka waka eh eh

on 15:04 - Dec 12 with 4021 views_

Just spoke to an agent... on 15:02 - Dec 12 by FrimleyBlue

Don't worry libs your still a friend.

Just spoke to an agent... on 15:20 - Dec 12 with 3983 viewsFrimleyBlue

on 15:04 - Dec 12 by _

remember the name dean rule

Waka waka eh eh

Just spoke to an agent... on 15:22 - Dec 12 with 3980 viewsSpruceMoose

Just spoke to an agent... on 15:20 - Dec 12 by FrimleyBlue

remember the name dean rule

Remember to use capital letters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 15:29 - Dec 12 with 3963 views_

Just spoke to an agent... on 15:22 - Dec 12 by SpruceMoose

Remember to use capital letters.

Just spoke to an agent... on 16:16 - Dec 12 with 3925 viewsjjblue84

Just spoke to an agent... on 14:12 - Dec 12 by agentp

No one else would have? They didn't... simple. I think anyone around the club at the time [sure Phil would confirm] would tell you that we weren't exactly inundated with offers. And as I said, the environment was different then.

Out of interest, how much extra would you like to see ME invest? Any amount that would make a difference would obviously see us docked points or under a transfer embargo. Evans needs to invest a stupid amount [That he probably hasn't got] and gamble or stick to a similar budget to now.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 14:14]

But they might have if Evans hadn’t...! Plenty of time for offers to have been made, could have happened at any time...and it doesn’t matter how much money you invest if you haven’t a clue on how to spend it, which is most of it!!!
Just spoke to an agent... on 20:14 - Dec 12 with 3829 viewsagentp

Just spoke to an agent... on 16:16 - Dec 12 by jjblue84

But they might have if Evans hadn’t...! Plenty of time for offers to have been made, could have happened at any time...and it doesn’t matter how much money you invest if you haven’t a clue on how to spend it, which is most of it!!!

Not sure there was plenty of time at that time TBH we almost ceased to exist.

Sure spending money wisely is the key to most successful concepts, but... We are one of the lowest spenders in this division and any increase that would make a noticeable difference would put us at risk of a points deduction or transfer embargo. I know that Marcus would invest more if he could - Chambers confirmed that. Football has changed to our detriment and until the balance changes to gives clubs like ours a fighting chance we are where we are.

Just spoke to an agent... on 20:25 - Dec 12 with 3811 viewsjjblue84

Just spoke to an agent... on 20:14 - Dec 12 by agentp

Not sure there was plenty of time at that time TBH we almost ceased to exist.

Sure spending money wisely is the key to most successful concepts, but... We are one of the lowest spenders in this division and any increase that would make a noticeable difference would put us at risk of a points deduction or transfer embargo. I know that Marcus would invest more if he could - Chambers confirmed that. Football has changed to our detriment and until the balance changes to gives clubs like ours a fighting chance we are where we are.

We’re miles off any spending limits, we’re at the other end of the scale!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024