Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. 13:39 - Jan 2 with 2524 viewsLord_Lucan

Trying to set up VPN on phone. Went to settings and VPN but it’s got all these things to fill in that look above my pay grade.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:48 - Jan 2 with 2498 viewspickles110564

Sorry m8 can't help, use one but got IT at work to fix, to old for that modern stuff now.
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:49 - Jan 2 with 2493 viewsSpruceMoose

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:48 - Jan 2 by pickles110564

Sorry m8 can't help, use one but got IT at work to fix, to old for that modern stuff now.

Including the EU...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:51 - Jan 2 with 2474 viewsvilanovablue

I use ExpressVPN which is very simple. If you wan't something simpler you can use 1.1.1.1 which is downloadable as an app and works as a VPN too.

ExpressVPN has an app for the Firestick which is also v simple to use.
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:55 - Jan 2 with 2463 viewsBlueBadger

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:49 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

Including the EU...

...and not running away when posed a difficult question..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:02 - Jan 2 with 2438 viewspickles110564

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:55 - Jan 2 by BlueBadger

...and not running away when posed a difficult question..

Yup you are correct not one of the remoaners have given one good reason to stay in the corrupt EU superstate.
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:03 - Jan 2 with 2432 viewsLord_Lucan

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 13:51 - Jan 2 by vilanovablue

I use ExpressVPN which is very simple. If you wan't something simpler you can use 1.1.1.1 which is downloadable as an app and works as a VPN too.

ExpressVPN has an app for the Firestick which is also v simple to use.

Thanks for your help.

So rather than set it up on my phone settings I just download something?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:06 - Jan 2 with 2422 viewsBlueBadger

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:02 - Jan 2 by pickles110564

Yup you are correct not one of the remoaners have given one good reason to stay in the corrupt EU superstate.

Other than protections for workers rights, ease of travel and trade, cross-border cooperation regarding crime and counter-terrorism, ease of recruitment for employers, clean beaches, funding for large, multi-centre scientific undertakings and increased influence on the world stage by being part of a large trading bloc you mean?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:08 - Jan 2 with 2415 viewsvilanovablue

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:03 - Jan 2 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks for your help.

So rather than set it up on my phone settings I just download something?

Yes either can be downloaded from the app stores (I don't know if you are on Apple or Android).

I pay about £90 per annum for ExpressVPN which so far seems pretty solid in so far as a VPN can be. ExpressVPN can be played around with but on your phone/firestick does everything for you. I haven't tried it on my laptop yet but don't really do much on there where I would need a VPN.
Login to get fewer ads

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:08 - Jan 2 with 2414 viewspickles110564

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:06 - Jan 2 by BlueBadger

Other than protections for workers rights, ease of travel and trade, cross-border cooperation regarding crime and counter-terrorism, ease of recruitment for employers, clean beaches, funding for large, multi-centre scientific undertakings and increased influence on the world stage by being part of a large trading bloc you mean?

yet again you have just stated what we have once we leave the EU, give a reason why we should stay.
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:13 - Jan 2 with 2408 viewsLord_Lucan

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:08 - Jan 2 by vilanovablue

Yes either can be downloaded from the app stores (I don't know if you are on Apple or Android).

I pay about £90 per annum for ExpressVPN which so far seems pretty solid in so far as a VPN can be. ExpressVPN can be played around with but on your phone/firestick does everything for you. I haven't tried it on my laptop yet but don't really do much on there where I would need a VPN.

Oh. You have to pay?

I only need it for two weeks so I can access WhatsApp and Google as both are banned where I’m going.

I’m a bit thick but why would I need VPN in UK? Happy to pay the money if I have a use for it.

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:16 - Jan 2 with 2402 viewsBlueBadger

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:08 - Jan 2 by pickles110564

yet again you have just stated what we have once we leave the EU, give a reason why we should stay.

AND we'll have a totally peaceful situation in Northern Ireland.
Sadly however, WTO rules will forbid us from the REAL promised land, a blue passport.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 14:19]

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:19 - Jan 2 with 2394 viewsSWGF

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:13 - Jan 2 by Lord_Lucan

Oh. You have to pay?

I only need it for two weeks so I can access WhatsApp and Google as both are banned where I’m going.

I’m a bit thick but why would I need VPN in UK? Happy to pay the money if I have a use for it.

What sort of phone do you have, LL?

I downloaded SurfEasy for my Android phone when I wanted to watch Sky Sports while in France.

If you go onto your relevant app store, you might find that some of the Free VPN apps have a free trial period.

Google "best free vpns for (whichever phone you've got)" and there should be plenty of articles that will point you in the right direction

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:27 - Jan 2 with 2381 viewsvilanovablue

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:13 - Jan 2 by Lord_Lucan

Oh. You have to pay?

If you want something that is free 1.1.1.1 is the one to try. I pay for it so that I can access content I can't normally get US Netflix and also to hide some of the other apps I use on my Firestick just keep my ISP off my back and for the missus' peace of mind.
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:32 - Jan 2 with 2373 viewsSpruceMoose

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:16 - Jan 2 by BlueBadger

AND we'll have a totally peaceful situation in Northern Ireland.
Sadly however, WTO rules will forbid us from the REAL promised land, a blue passport.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 14:19]

I renewed mine recently. I got stuck with that insulting burgundy for another decade. I just threw it in the bin and vowed to not travel to Europe again.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:53 - Jan 2 with 2358 viewsLord_Lucan

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:27 - Jan 2 by vilanovablue

If you want something that is free 1.1.1.1 is the one to try. I pay for it so that I can access content I can't normally get US Netflix and also to hide some of the other apps I use on my Firestick just keep my ISP off my back and for the missus' peace of mind.

Thanks to you and SWGF

I downloaded Express VPN for $100 but I can get a refund after a month. Two more idiot things to ask.

1/ I set my location as UK but should I change that to the country of my destination?

2/ do I just use internet as usual on safari or chrome and it just works?

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 15:51 - Jan 2 with 2322 viewsBurwell_Blue

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:53 - Jan 2 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks to you and SWGF

I downloaded Express VPN for $100 but I can get a refund after a month. Two more idiot things to ask.

1/ I set my location as UK but should I change that to the country of my destination?

2/ do I just use internet as usual on safari or chrome and it just works?

Yes change your location.

Test its working by going here - http://www.whatsmyip.org/more-info-about-you/
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 16:00 - Jan 2 with 2309 viewspickles110564

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 14:32 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

I renewed mine recently. I got stuck with that insulting burgundy for another decade. I just threw it in the bin and vowed to not travel to Europe again.

Not coming back top the UK? You won't be missed.
Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 16:03 - Jan 2 with 2303 viewsSpruceMoose

Phone nerd and general nerd help - re VPN on phone and pooter. on 16:00 - Jan 2 by pickles110564

Not coming back top the UK? You won't be missed.

How rude. Well, Sonny Jim, I might not be missed by you. But seeing as you're a know-nothing mouthbreather with more skidmarks than brains I can't say I'm all that bothered!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 16:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024