Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did you all think of the new boys? 13:48 - Jan 7 with 685 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bit early to judge them, but first impressions...

Elder - pacy and got forward quickly and with intent... but had vanished a few times when it came to defending, much like Spence does. Pennington wasn't great but I got the impression a few times that was due to having to cover for the AWOL Elder.

Keane - didn't have a lot of time but looked to have very good close control and also fairly quick (in thought and feet). Made a few positive runs and also held the ball up well in order to bring others into play a couple of times. Promising.

Neither world beaters but potential in both, which is the best we can hope for I guess. I think both did well under the circumstances (thown into a new and struggling team).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What did you all think of the new boys? on 13:50 - Jan 7 with 663 viewsSaleAway

I thought Keane was definitely promising. Brought a focal point to the attack that was sorely missing when Jackson was on. ( I would actually like to see Jackson play alongside Keane as part of a front 2, rather than the lone striker role though, as he's clearly not suited to that).

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

What did you all think of the new boys? on 13:55 - Jan 7 with 623 viewsSteve_M

Yes, both looked good and the technique showed. Keane in particular looked rusty, his passing was awry on a couple of occasions but think both will improve us over the rest of the season.

Neither is the sort of game-changer we were hoping for though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What did you all think of the new boys? on 13:55 - Jan 7 with 614 viewsIpswichKnight

What did you all think of the new boys? on 13:50 - Jan 7 by SaleAway

I thought Keane was definitely promising. Brought a focal point to the attack that was sorely missing when Jackson was on. ( I would actually like to see Jackson play alongside Keane as part of a front 2, rather than the lone striker role though, as he's clearly not suited to that).

I'd agree on that. Jackson had some success when we played balls down the channel either side of the centre half, he had the pace to hassle the centre half into a mistake. I think him with a shefti type target man and it could be fun to watch.
What did you all think of the new boys? on 13:55 - Jan 7 with 609 viewswkj

Keane was promising but Jewell was better.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What did you all think of the new boys? on 14:24 - Jan 7 with 530 viewsTractorCam

Same, but with Harrison instead of Jackson, Kayden off the bench.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024