Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In what other leisure activities 12:17 - Jan 9 with 2617 viewsbluelagos

Would it be acceptable for a club to go down the route of...

"Please note that in order to increase levels of Safety and Security we will be changing the way in which tickets are sold and issued. The ticket must be purchased in the name of the person attending the match. These customer details will be added to the ticket. The ticket cannot be transferred to somebody else for use on match day. If you cannot use the ticket yourself, you should not go ahead with the purchase.
Photographic ID for over 16's will need to be taken to the match and shown alongside the ticket on entering the stadium.
Norwich City FC have stated that all Ipswich fans arrive no later than 11.30 am as their extensive safety checks will take time.

I hope that you can appreciate the need for these measures to be put in place"

Am struggling to see how 2 clubs unilaterally implementing an ID card policy will improve levels of Safety and Security, as claimed in the letter sent out today...

Surely dickheads will be dickheads either way?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

In what other leisure activities on 14:17 - Jan 9 with 256 viewsFixed_It

In what other leisure activities on 14:10 - Jan 9 by Basuco

In the late 90's/early 2000's a large building with massive security and air con was built in Milton Keynes near a work place I had to go to regularly at the time, some local BT engineers told me it was an ID card processing building, it must have cost an absolute fortune to construct and never be used and how many others were built?

I actually wouldn't have a problem with universal ID cards - although I kind of understand the concerns some people raise. However, if we don't have them, then it is totally wrong to impose a similar situation on a group of people just because they support a certain (largely trouble-free) football club.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

In what other leisure activities on 14:22 - Jan 9 with 247 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 14:17 - Jan 9 by Fixed_It

I actually wouldn't have a problem with universal ID cards - although I kind of understand the concerns some people raise. However, if we don't have them, then it is totally wrong to impose a similar situation on a group of people just because they support a certain (largely trouble-free) football club.

Spot on.

Appreciate some people (minority am sure) would support ID cards. But to have them seemingly only for football fans is absurd. Even more absurd is our football club(s) endorsing it with barely a whimper of comment / criticism.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024