Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In what other leisure activities 12:17 - Jan 9 with 2620 viewsbluelagos

Would it be acceptable for a club to go down the route of...

"Please note that in order to increase levels of Safety and Security we will be changing the way in which tickets are sold and issued. The ticket must be purchased in the name of the person attending the match. These customer details will be added to the ticket. The ticket cannot be transferred to somebody else for use on match day. If you cannot use the ticket yourself, you should not go ahead with the purchase.
Photographic ID for over 16's will need to be taken to the match and shown alongside the ticket on entering the stadium.
Norwich City FC have stated that all Ipswich fans arrive no later than 11.30 am as their extensive safety checks will take time.

I hope that you can appreciate the need for these measures to be put in place"

Am struggling to see how 2 clubs unilaterally implementing an ID card policy will improve levels of Safety and Security, as claimed in the letter sent out today...

Surely dickheads will be dickheads either way?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 with 2317 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seems fair enough.

This way any dickheads can be easily identified.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 with 2318 viewsfooters

How much trouble is there really at our derbies? Not much from my experience- more teenagers and handbags. Completely OTT.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 with 2314 viewsBlueBadger

That's been common practice in the West End for some time now, albeit to keep down ticket touting, rather than dickheadery.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In what other leisure activities on 12:22 - Jan 9 with 2296 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

That's been common practice in the West End for some time now, albeit to keep down ticket touting, rather than dickheadery.

They check photo IDs of theatre goers? And refuse entry for those who have legally purchased sold on tickets?

In what other leisure activities on 12:23 - Jan 9 with 2282 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Seems fair enough.

You support ID cards for all walks of life or just football fans?

In what other leisure activities on 12:35 - Jan 9 with 2227 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

Framlinghams own Ginger Ed too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

In what other leisure activities on 12:36 - Jan 9 with 2224 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In what other leisure activities on 12:23 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

You support ID cards for all walks of life or just football fans?

I would support ID cards for any activity where the fans have the potential to cause trouble.

I don't see the problem here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

In what other leisure activities on 12:42 - Jan 9 with 2200 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 12:36 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would support ID cards for any activity where the fans have the potential to cause trouble.

I don't see the problem here.

'The potential' would imply you support the carrying of and checking ID for all football matches then?

Login to get fewer ads

In what other leisure activities on 12:49 - Jan 9 with 2177 viewsCoastalblue

In what other leisure activities on 12:22 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

They check photo IDs of theatre goers? And refuse entry for those who have legally purchased sold on tickets?

It has happened with higher profile concerts, again I don't see it as a big issue, not sure it's warranted but doesn't particularly bother me. Not sure I'll bother anyway though that has nothing to do with this.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

In what other leisure activities on 13:01 - Jan 9 with 2143 viewsBasuco

Large crowds have proved a problem for Norfolk police and nodge stewards for quite a while, they struggle to understand that having an away pub makes it easier to get away fans into the ground in one group, I think we should boycott the ground in protest at ever increasing ridiculous over the top police/stewarding and totally unwarranted rules in the name of security.
In what other leisure activities on 13:07 - Jan 9 with 2119 viewsitfcjoe

Another reason why I can't be bothered to go - it's an absolute joke that people have seemingly no choice but to roll over and take this.

The German fans boycotted games on Monday nights as is a slippery slope, and when tickets prices are too high - we pay £40 for a 2nd tier game, have to take ID, get there early to ensure we get in, etc.

I'd love it if ITFC fans boycotted the game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

In what other leisure activities on 13:10 - Jan 9 with 2097 viewstextbackup

just to test the system im swapping ID's and tickets with my black mate. will let you know how we get on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

In what other leisure activities on 13:11 - Jan 9 with 2085 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 13:01 - Jan 9 by Basuco

Large crowds have proved a problem for Norfolk police and nodge stewards for quite a while, they struggle to understand that having an away pub makes it easier to get away fans into the ground in one group, I think we should boycott the ground in protest at ever increasing ridiculous over the top police/stewarding and totally unwarranted rules in the name of security.

Said in another post, I can't believe how little comment there has been from the various supporters clubs on this.

Matches played at ridiculous times, ridiculous prices, with ridiculous restrictions that are basically on a par to the ID cards that they tried to bring in in the late 80s. Even back then they never actually banned away fans from all pubs in a city.

Since when has treating everyone like criminals been the answer to the poor behaviour of a few morons?

In what other leisure activities on 13:11 - Jan 9 with 2078 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In what other leisure activities on 12:42 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

'The potential' would imply you support the carrying of and checking ID for all football matches then?

I'm not an advocate, but in all honesty, couldn't care less either way.

In what other leisure activities on 13:12 - Jan 9 with 2071 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 13:07 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Another reason why I can't be bothered to go - it's an absolute joke that people have seemingly no choice but to roll over and take this.

The German fans boycotted games on Monday nights as is a slippery slope, and when tickets prices are too high - we pay £40 for a 2nd tier game, have to take ID, get there early to ensure we get in, etc.

I'd love it if ITFC fans boycotted the game

Thought I was the only one who thinks this is a joke!

In what other leisure activities on 13:13 - Jan 9 with 2058 viewsfactual_blue

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 by footers

How much trouble is there really at our derbies? Not much from my experience- more teenagers and handbags. Completely OTT.

I assume the police take the threats posturing on twitbook seriously. Sadly they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In what other leisure activities on 13:14 - Jan 9 with 2056 viewsDeano69

In what other leisure activities on 12:20 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Seems fair enough.

only if they buy a ticket

unlikely to be a 'dickhead without a ticket - free' zone, outside the ground

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

In what other leisure activities on 13:31 - Jan 9 with 2020 viewsfactual_blue

In what other leisure activities on 13:10 - Jan 9 by textbackup

just to test the system im swapping ID's and tickets with my black mate. will let you know how we get on

It would be quite amusing if they let him in, but not you.

In what other leisure activities on 13:36 - Jan 9 with 2008 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 13:31 - Jan 9 by factual_blue

It would be quite amusing if they let him in, but not you.

Genuine conversation at a departure gate (a few months after 911 when boarding an internal Nigerian flight on a colleagues ticket)

Ticket please
BL: There you go
Er, are you Mr Popoola?
BL: I am today
Enjoy your flight Mr Popoola.

In what other leisure activities on 13:37 - Jan 9 with 1992 viewsfactual_blue

In what other leisure activities on 13:36 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

Genuine conversation at a departure gate (a few months after 911 when boarding an internal Nigerian flight on a colleagues ticket)

Ticket please
Er, are you Mr Popoola?

I'm still waiting for the £15,000,000 you're transferring to my bank account.

In what other leisure activities on 13:41 - Jan 9 with 1977 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 13:37 - Jan 9 by factual_blue

I'm still waiting for the £15,000,000 you're transferring to my bank account.

You have to pay me the release fee first Factors, you know that's how it works.

http://sweetchillisauce.com/nigeria.html

In what other leisure activities on 13:59 - Jan 9 with 1923 viewsBasuco

In what other leisure activities on 13:36 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

Ticket please
Er, are you Mr Popoola?

a few weeks after 911 a work colleague Eshan Khan was working in Barcelona and when he arrived on a flight from Gatwick his luggage had been put on the wrong plane, I thought security was in place to prevent a passenger being separated from his bags.
In what other leisure activities on 14:05 - Jan 9 with 1900 viewsbluelagos

In what other leisure activities on 13:59 - Jan 9 by Basuco

a few weeks after 911 a work colleague Eshan Khan was working in Barcelona and when he arrived on a flight from Gatwick his luggage had been put on the wrong plane, I thought security was in place to prevent a passenger being separated from his bags.

You should tell that to those useless knobs at Air Kenya

Joburg luggage services:
So Mr BL. The good news is we know where your luggage is, the bad news is it's in Delhi.

In what other leisure activities on 14:09 - Jan 9 with 1870 viewsFixed_It

More totally OTT policing from the Norfolk/Suffolk constabulary. Sledgehammer to crack a nut. Disgusting way to treat us to be honest, and now would be a good time for us to boycott the match - although I'm sure the police would be quite happy if we did.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

In what other leisure activities on 14:10 - Jan 9 with 1868 viewsBasuco

In what other leisure activities on 13:11 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

Said in another post, I can't believe how little comment there has been from the various supporters clubs on this.

Matches played at ridiculous times, ridiculous prices, with ridiculous restrictions that are basically on a par to the ID cards that they tried to bring in in the late 80s. Even back then they never actually banned away fans from all pubs in a city.

Since when has treating everyone like criminals been the answer to the poor behaviour of a few morons?

In the late 90's/early 2000's a large building with massive security and air con was built in Milton Keynes near a work place I had to go to regularly at the time, some local BT engineers told me it was an ID card processing building, it must have cost an absolute fortune to construct and never be used and how many others were built?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024