Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are very obviously going to be relegated but 12:26 - Feb 12 with 10332 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else have those delusional moments when you think ‘if we can somehow scrape a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks we might have a chance...”

We can barely manage to create chances let alone score let alone even look like winning a game but you never know. Funny old game and all that.

Ipswich 0 Derby 4 it is then. Lawrence, Waghorn and Marriott on the scoresheet

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 15:34 - Feb 13 with 557 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 15:36 - Feb 13 with 550 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 20:51 - Feb 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I very much sympathise with the OP.

I looked at the League 1 table and thought it is highly plausible Sunderland and Portsmouth will be in it next season. Couple that with Coventry, Peterboro, Charlton, Plymouth, Walsall, Gillingham and Oxford there are plenty of teams I can recall us struggling against.

Then I saw the "easier" teams and realised we lost to Accrington this season. We will need to improve markedly to be competitive in League 1.

I would almost certainly expect Sunderland/Portsmouth to both be in the league next year, both currently in awful form and dropping quickly.

We are frequently compared to Sunderland on here by a bunch of people as evidence that we will bounce straight back, but there's a very good chance that they won't and they spent £4m(!!) on Grigg in January.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 16:04 - Feb 13 with 518 viewsBluespeed225

Almost every game this season I’ve had that thought, but the Millwall 2nd half was just this season encapsulated in 45 minutes. Promise from half way to final 3rd, then no end product, combined with errors likely at any time in defence. Winning positions thrown away, see also Bristo, Preston, failure to beat 10 men teams, multiple team changes, lack of rhythm, tempo and identity to our play, club seemingly being run down around our ears, the whole ethos of The Club disappearing. I loaned 2 items to the club for display. Nothing happened, so I asked for them back as I just got the feeling that should anything, God forbid, happen to Pat Godbold, the shirts may end up in a skip. The loss of The Beat, 10 years since Sir Bobby adding to the somber atmosphere. Small slivers of hope, the Rotherham game atmosphere, and Blue Action. Lambert has tried hard on the PR side, but Evans is still a distant figure, and as such the whole Club is becoming distanced from us and the Town. Elephant in The Room spelled this out perfectly in his recent blog. I know it’s ‘only’ football, and we all have bigger issues, but when something this sad is happening to something we all love, it can get you down a bit. I’m sure we’ll muster 10k next season, ticket prices will have to be slashed, the kids engaged, the Town saturated will good will from The Club, hit the pubs, kids clubs, hospital, anywhere to reinvigorate this damn thing! COYB!
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 16:21 - Feb 13 with 502 viewsRadlett_blue

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 15:36 - Feb 13 by JammyDodgerrr

I would almost certainly expect Sunderland/Portsmouth to both be in the league next year, both currently in awful form and dropping quickly.

We are frequently compared to Sunderland on here by a bunch of people as evidence that we will bounce straight back, but there's a very good chance that they won't and they spent £4m(!!) on Grigg in January.

I think stability in the 3rd tier next season is probably as good as it gets.
For those who cling to the faint hope that we might stay up, let's look at the facts.
There has been no turnaround in results under Lambert, either before or after the transfer window.
While we may still be just "3 wins away from safety", we have won 3 games out of 31 all season so how are we going to win 3 in a row?
The only reason we still appear to have an outside chance of survival is that there are 4 or 5 other poor teams in this league.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 16:36 - Feb 13 with 491 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 16:21 - Feb 13 by Radlett_blue

I think stability in the 3rd tier next season is probably as good as it gets.
For those who cling to the faint hope that we might stay up, let's look at the facts.
There has been no turnaround in results under Lambert, either before or after the transfer window.
While we may still be just "3 wins away from safety", we have won 3 games out of 31 all season so how are we going to win 3 in a row?
The only reason we still appear to have an outside chance of survival is that there are 4 or 5 other poor teams in this league.

I would expect us to be Top 10 next season, and think if we weren't in the play-off mix it would be a disappointment. But in no way do i expect us to bounce straight back up, but stability is key you are right, and that is why it's good we have Lambert tied down and committed. And i know what you are saying about this season.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 16:41 - Feb 13 with 483 viewsFenboyBlue

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 16:36 - Feb 13 by JammyDodgerrr

I would expect us to be Top 10 next season, and think if we weren't in the play-off mix it would be a disappointment. But in no way do i expect us to bounce straight back up, but stability is key you are right, and that is why it's good we have Lambert tied down and committed. And i know what you are saying about this season.

I was thinking the other day Coventry have been stuck in League 1 for a while. Definitely not assuming we'd bounce straight back up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024