Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are very obviously going to be relegated but 12:26 - Feb 12 with 10333 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else have those delusional moments when you think ‘if we can somehow scrape a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks we might have a chance...”

We can barely manage to create chances let alone score let alone even look like winning a game but you never know. Funny old game and all that.

Ipswich 0 Derby 4 it is then. Lawrence, Waghorn and Marriott on the scoresheet

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:38 - Feb 12 with 3549 viewsITFC_Forever

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:28 - Feb 12 by TIB

I said to myself we needed to beat Millwall and Rotherham to kick start the revival and we'd survive. We didn't. My last string of hope was at the weekend...a win against them would have been the ultimate confidence booster. We played well but still lost.

I'm not one to ever give up, but it's all but done now...the Sears injury the icing on the cake. We cannot catch a break.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 13:46]

Er, we beat Rotherham 1-0.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:39 - Feb 12 with 3546 viewsITFC_Forever

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:20 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

That's it thanks. I'd never have found it without the year. Pissed me off that did - we were in with a good chance of the POs that year, but had a rotten last month or so to the season.

Edit found that here https://www.southendtimeline.com/1996.htm. Which also tells me that the Spice Girls performed at the "legendary" Radio One Roadshow in Southend that year. Oh, and Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre opened. TWTD.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 13:36]

Radio 1 roadshows were great!

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:43 - Feb 12 with 3539 viewsWeekender

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:51 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

I've got vague memories of going down there and getting undone by a long range effort near the end of the match. It obviously wasn't 91/92 so may have been a bit later at the start of Burley's reign. Anyone remember such a game, or am I going mad?

Was behind the goal for that one - great game. For some reason I remembered Whelans goal as the winner.

Remember after the match the away end got involved with a protest against their owner, Jobson or something like that? Or am I making it up?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:46 - Feb 12 with 3527 viewsTIB

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:38 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

Er, we beat Rotherham 1-0.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:49 - Feb 12 with 3519 viewsthejock

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:46 - Feb 12 by TIB

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:51 - Feb 12 with 3510 viewsPendejo

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:32 - Feb 12 by hoppy

Yes. I do. Frequently. It makes no sense why I do, but I still do.

Do these periods of positivity coincide with intake of ale?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:51 - Feb 12 with 3507 viewsSwansea_Blue

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:43 - Feb 12 by Weekender

Was behind the goal for that one - great game. For some reason I remembered Whelans goal as the winner.

Remember after the match the away end got involved with a protest against their owner, Jobson or something like that? Or am I making it up?

It was a good game. I don't remember a protest, just being deflated by the late winner.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:52 - Feb 12 with 3506 viewsNo9

Fat Lady hasn't sung yet
BUT she has been spotted buying throat lozenges
Login to get fewer ads

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 14:48 - Feb 12 with 3463 viewshoppy

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:51 - Feb 12 by Pendejo

Do these periods of positivity coincide with intake of ale?

Yes. They do. Frequently. I make no sense, but I still drink.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 15:04 - Feb 12 with 3451 viewsIpswichKnight

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:52 - Feb 12 by No9

Fat Lady hasn't sung yet
BUT she has been spotted buying throat lozenges

Not only that, she has had her warmup, is dressed, on stage, the conductor has started the orchestra and she has taken her first breath!
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 15:31 - Feb 12 with 3433 viewsFenboyBlue

Christ that's going to be depressing if Derby come out with a front line of Lawrence, Waghorn & Marriot. A front line that can compete at the top of the Championship, which you have to pay for.
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 15:33 - Feb 12 with 3431 viewsfooters

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 15:31 - Feb 12 by FenboyBlue

Christ that's going to be depressing if Derby come out with a front line of Lawrence, Waghorn & Marriot. A front line that can compete at the top of the Championship, which you have to pay for.

They'll show some solidarity and refuse to play. Def info.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 18:58 - Feb 12 with 3373 viewsOsborneOneNil

Constantly. Then after a defeat on the Saturday I resign myself to the fact, once more, that we are 100% down. By Monday afternoon I'm slightly hopeful we may stay up.

Bonkers.
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 20:40 - Feb 12 with 3322 viewsTheBoyBlue

Up until the loss against Millwall, yes. Now I am peace with relegation and having got the Norwich game out the way I am now looking forward to enjoying each fixture for what it is - a game of football.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 20:51 - Feb 12 with 3313 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:29 - Feb 12 by itfc_bucks

Both are similarly unlikely, I'm just not sure which is most fanciful.

Still, it's a return trip to Sincil Bank, eh?

I very much sympathise with the OP.

I looked at the League 1 table and thought it is highly plausible Sunderland and Portsmouth will be in it next season. Couple that with Coventry, Peterboro, Charlton, Plymouth, Walsall, Gillingham and Oxford there are plenty of teams I can recall us struggling against.

Then I saw the "easier" teams and realised we lost to Accrington this season. We will need to improve markedly to be competitive in League 1.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 21:21 - Feb 12 with 3291 viewsVaughan8

Stupidly I still think if we can 3 wins from next 4 games we have a chance...........but it’s not going to happen is it.

As the season goes on, we have “must win” games and nearly always fail. Teams who can’t score will always struggle, especially ones who let in 2+ goals a game.

I’m almost out of these “if we can get........” Only 15 games left!
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 21:37 - Feb 12 with 3282 viewsgt81

Not me, no. It's been a cold hard dose of reality all season. The best hope we had is when we somehow closed the gap to 21st to 4 points, but we just never took the opportunity to kick on.

Hope turns to next season's rebuilding, but there's no point in speculating about it until the time comes.
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 21:46 - Feb 12 with 3265 viewspointofblue

I was delusionally hanging on until tonight but we needed the results to go for us. They haven’t it’s over. And for all the criticism of Hurst’s transfer dealings our squad is no worse on paper than Rotherham’s. This month has been horrific performance wise.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 22:10 - Feb 12 with 3245 viewsDubtractor

Up until the Millwall game I still half held out hope, but that game killed it.

We really are remarkably rubbish.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 06:34 - Feb 13 with 3137 viewsBenters2

4? They will never get past the man known as 'The Interceptor'.
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 07:32 - Feb 13 with 3107 viewsCoastalblue

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:43 - Feb 12 by Weekender

The protest was 91/92, joint pitch invasion, us going up and them protesting as you say against Jobson.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:48 - Feb 13 with 3044 viewsITFC_Cotton

Not anymore, I've accepted we're down. :(
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 14:47 - Feb 13 with 3010 viewsLeagueOne

I can't even imagine the meltdown if the result was as you described. The "Marcus get ur check book out" mob will be overloaded with that.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 14:49 - Feb 13 with 3006 viewsLeagueOne

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:28 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

Unfortunately not, I accepted relegation after we lost at home to Bristol City and I haven't wavered since. No doubt i'll get pelters for that, but hey ho.

I accepted we were down after the Readin away game - there was no way that side was ever staying up and the additions haven't improved it one jot as the results have proven.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 14:50 - Feb 13 with 3005 viewsHerbivore

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:29 - Feb 12 by linhdi

I still dream of how good the celebrations would be if we stayed up!!!

Only rivalled by our late equaliser at Barnsley a few years back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024