Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target 17:50 - Mar 23 with 5456 viewsScottCandage

Mick, this is GIBRALTAR and you can only get 2 shots on net? A leopard does not change its spots.
It's not weird Herbers on 11:19 - Mar 25 with 828 viewsHerbivore

It's not weird Herbers on 19:47 - Mar 24 by Dyland

Mick was here for what, five and half years? How many other managers in the top two divisions last that long? Even ones who win stuff. Fact is, McCarthy is part of the reason we are where we are, although blame lies squarely at Evans' door. Shouldn't let anyone, I don't care who they are, have such a free role running football matters. Er, what happens when they go?

I like Mick. I don't think he deserved the absurd abuse during games. Then, he wasn't all that, was he. Demonstrably.

"Keeping us competitive." FFS

I think you should look at Hurst and Evans for why we are where we are. A year ago the club was in pretty decent shape. Some people (not you, but they know who they are) are desperate to make everything about Mick and to make him culpable for the fact we're now crap.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 13:20 - Mar 25 with 791 viewsEireannach_gorm

Nothing to do with Mick. RoI have a bigger striker problem than Ipswich. The few Premiership forwards we have are injured.

We are so desperate we will take English castoffs!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6755689/Mick-McCarthy-left-fr
It's not weird Herbers on 13:26 - Mar 25 with 787 viewsunstableblue

It's not weird Herbers on 11:19 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

I think you should look at Hurst and Evans for why we are where we are. A year ago the club was in pretty decent shape. Some people (not you, but they know who they are) are desperate to make everything about Mick and to make him culpable for the fact we're now crap.

"a year ago we were in pretty decent shape"

Get some sedatives, get a couch and a psychiatrist and JUST LET IT GO!!!

No one in their right mind can say that last season was not awful (bar the excellent flurry at the start) and that the club to fan relationship was broken. No one wanted to go to Portman Road other than to feed their Town addiction.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

It's not weird Herbers on 13:30 - Mar 25 with 785 viewsHerbivore

It's not weird Herbers on 13:26 - Mar 25 by unstableblue

"a year ago we were in pretty decent shape"

Get some sedatives, get a couch and a psychiatrist and JUST LET IT GO!!!

No one in their right mind can say that last season was not awful (bar the excellent flurry at the start) and that the club to fan relationship was broken. No one wanted to go to Portman Road other than to feed their Town addiction.

Thus season is awful, mate. We're bottom by a mile, three wins and hardly any goals. Last season was just rather dull, especially post-Xmas. I think you need to let it go, you're still clearly very angry and shouty about Mick and that's not healthy. We all agree it was time for him to go and most of us have moved on but you seem stuck.

It's not weird Herbers on 14:55 - Mar 25 with 763 viewsunstableblue

It's not weird Herbers on 13:30 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

Thus season is awful, mate. We're bottom by a mile, three wins and hardly any goals. Last season was just rather dull, especially post-Xmas. I think you need to let it go, you're still clearly very angry and shouty about Mick and that's not healthy. We all agree it was time for him to go and most of us have moved on but you seem stuck.

I will spell this out just one final time, and then I think its time you and I said goodbye... I am not angry or shouty about Mick, he was a good guy, who was poorly funded, and worked some initial miracles. But it was obvious to many of us some time ago, and then the 80% majority for the balance of last season, that he was not moving the club forward in the right direction both on and off the pitch. This board was then patrolled by belligerent types who slated anyone who questioned Mick. That is who and what i'm peeved about.

And when as you did today, you made a statement that last season the club was in 'good shape', and we were left in a good position. I can't help but react. People didn't want to go to Portman Road!! Read some of Phil and many others thoughts, around academy, managing the whole club.

You're now saying it was dull last season! Is that a club in good shape?

We go to be excited and entertained. I'll be there Saturday, hoping for a good match. And hopefully a win as we continue to improve ahead of what will be hopefully a good season of promotion.

And with that, goodbye.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

It's not weird Herbers on 15:01 - Mar 25 with 759 viewsHerbivore

It's not weird Herbers on 14:55 - Mar 25 by unstableblue

I will spell this out just one final time, and then I think its time you and I said goodbye... I am not angry or shouty about Mick, he was a good guy, who was poorly funded, and worked some initial miracles. But it was obvious to many of us some time ago, and then the 80% majority for the balance of last season, that he was not moving the club forward in the right direction both on and off the pitch. This board was then patrolled by belligerent types who slated anyone who questioned Mick. That is who and what i'm peeved about.

And when as you did today, you made a statement that last season the club was in 'good shape', and we were left in a good position. I can't help but react. People didn't want to go to Portman Road!! Read some of Phil and many others thoughts, around academy, managing the whole club.

We go to be excited and entertained. I'll be there Saturday, hoping for a good match. And hopefully a win as we continue to improve ahead of what will be hopefully a good season of promotion.

And with that, goodbye.

So obsessed.

It's not weird Herbers on 15:09 - Mar 25 with 751 viewsDarth_Koont

It's not weird Herbers on 14:55 - Mar 25 by unstableblue

And with that, goodbye.

How was Mick "not moving the club forward off the pitch"?

We had a sustainable and yet competitive and valuable squad with a clear path for the youths to come through. Much of that was thrown away by the end of July.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024