Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smacking ban getting closer in Wales 13:16 - Mar 25 with 3750 viewsDarth_Koont

There's really no need for smacking is there?

I got smacked as a kid plus the plimsoll and cane on the rare occasion and didn't see a problem with that. It was the norm and all my friends went through the same.

But with my own kids I've never smacked them and rarely got angry, I just tell them not to do it and why. They're good kids - sure, they still see what they can get away with and don't listen sometimes but exactly the same as we did when we were young even with the threat of physical punishment.

This has been borne out by research into the actual effectiveness of corporal punishment. Not to mention the risks and potential side-effects it creates:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048

Pronouns: He/Him

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 04:59 - Mar 26 with 344 viewsRyorry

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 21:01 - Mar 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I find that the threat of a home game takes care of most issues!

Careful, you might find that suddenly turns into "treat" status! ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 08:18 - Mar 26 with 300 viewsKropotkin123

When smacking children was legal and they were thinking of banning it, someone said to me "you have all these laws to protect against violence. For example when a stranger hits another stranger it results in fines, jail, criminal records, etc. If an alien came from out of space today and you explained that to them that children, who are the most vulnerable in society, the least able to defend themselves, the least able to communicate their feelings or reasons for acting certain ways are not protected by society from those in the highest position of trust - their parents - they would be completely baffled. Particularly when you start trying to justify it is in the interests of the children to be punished in a violent way."

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024