Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
77th minute 21:48 - Mar 30 with 4333 viewsParamedic

With all the doldrums and uncertainty, who was there when Osborne put the ball past Jennings. Fa cup takes, just trying to lift the mood!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 22:11]

AllalallalSunderland

77th minute on 15:59 - Mar 31 with 764 viewslongtimefan

Went to the 4th round, semi and final. My parents wouldn’t let me go to the quarter final at Millwall, probably good foresight on their behalf
77th minute on 16:02 - Mar 31 with 762 viewsblueislander

77th minute on 15:59 - Mar 31 by longtimefan

Went to the 4th round, semi and final. My parents wouldn’t let me go to the quarter final at Millwall, probably good foresight on their behalf

It wasn’t pleasant. Bricks raining down on us walking back to New Cross Gate.
77th minute on 16:03 - Mar 31 with 758 viewsMJR101

Went to them all except Millwall - by choice having watched Harry the Dog etc on Panorama!
77th minute on 16:07 - Mar 31 with 757 viewscbower

As a 9 year old from Liverpool it wasn't easy for my Dad to get tickets but somehow he did. Two seats with the Arsenal fans but never stopped shouting all game. Cried when Osborne scored. One of my greatest days ever. Sure do miss the old boy.

bluescouser

77th minute on 20:37 - Mar 31 with 715 viewsWickets

77th minute on 14:15 - Mar 31 by Chris_Knights

Yes I was there with my Grandad. Aged 12... he was a steward at Portman road and the club gave each steward two tickets each ... so I was a very lucky lad ... never every forget the day and the singing on the cornhill that night !!

Your 2 years older than me !
77th minute on 20:44 - Mar 31 with 709 viewsPecker

It was my first away game so to speak (aged 8). Absolutely amazing day. And the open top bus through the town. Loved every second. Everybody was saying that Arsenal just had to turn up to win. Well we sure as hell showed the world what a great side we were. Would love to experience it again in my lifetime.
77th minute on 01:06 - Apr 1 with 686 viewsronnyd

77th minute on 22:38 - Mar 30 by Paramedic

Agree semi seems to sit in my mind probably more so than the final.whether it was the Talbot/Wile clash of heads or the fact that we were not fancied to win. Fantastic atmos and scenes that day.

Yes, a great day under the clock at Highbury. Also at Wembley when that great old stadium was actually bouncing. Happy days. What the hell have we become?
77th minute on 14:06 - Apr 1 with 654 viewsHeathlander

I was. I was 11 years old. TWTD.

To be fair I enjoyed the semi final at Highbury more.
Login to get fewer ads

77th minute on 15:39 - Apr 1 with 636 viewsfloridablue

I was at the Millwall quarter, Highbury semi, and Wembley final and as I was supposed to be delivering bread door to door on Saturdays for an Ipswich bread company, amazed myself that I went to any! I'm actually in a couple of the Wembley TV crowd shots, above the players tunnel that a couple of the customers spotted me in.
77th minute on 17:44 - Apr 1 with 599 viewsswede

Yes, I was there. Also at the Highbury semi and at Bristol Rovers in the snow.
"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance...."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024