Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to find an identity. 18:57 - Apr 13 with 886 viewsMrTown

We've played pretty patter football, but hasn't been too effective. Nice on the eye around the back but no conviction or ruthlessness in the final third.

Thought switching to 4-4-2 made us a bit more useful in the final third.

Pre-season must be used to create our own identity.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We need to find an identity. on 19:01 - Apr 13 with 878 viewsMrTown

Want to see a little bit more tactical nous and instruction from Lambert.

Still on the fence as whether he's tactically at a good level yet, or whether he's just a good man manger.

We need to find an identity. on 19:06 - Apr 13 with 853 viewsJ2BLUE

I suggest we self identify as a Premier League club

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We need to find an identity. on 19:25 - Apr 13 with 810 viewsMrTown

We need to find an identity. on 19:06 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

I suggest we self identify as a Premier League club

Not exactly what I meant.

Actually getting a little bit bored of hearing what has gone wrong before, how good the fans are and want to see us develop on the field, show a bit of identity and tactical nous to how we play.

Still backing Lambert 100% and deserves a summer and pre season until fairly judged.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 19:29]

We need to find an identity. on 19:46 - Apr 13 with 758 viewsRobTheMonk

When he first came in Lambert was trying to play some ridiculously naive passing football. By that I mean we had our goalkeepers who are not comfortable on the ball passing backwards when they're only 8 yards off their own touch line. We don't have the personal at the back to play like that.

He's never really found a winning formula but that's arguably because we never invested in a quality forward to replace the trio that left. Also an over-reliance on loans because of so many injuries hasn't helped.

Pre season is fudging massive. Up front may actually be where a couple of loans would be useful for next season. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us being in for a loan striker.

A fit Skuse will be invaluable in League 1. We can then play 2 of Downes, Bishop, Dozzell who Skuse can marshall as I think we'll carry on with 3 in the middle.

Disheartening that we're down but exciting to see how things develop.
We need to find an identity. on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 728 viewsRyorry

We need to find an identity. on 19:46 - Apr 13 by RobTheMonk

When he first came in Lambert was trying to play some ridiculously naive passing football. By that I mean we had our goalkeepers who are not comfortable on the ball passing backwards when they're only 8 yards off their own touch line. We don't have the personal at the back to play like that.

He's never really found a winning formula but that's arguably because we never invested in a quality forward to replace the trio that left. Also an over-reliance on loans because of so many injuries hasn't helped.

Pre season is fudging massive. Up front may actually be where a couple of loans would be useful for next season. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us being in for a loan striker.

A fit Skuse will be invaluable in League 1. We can then play 2 of Downes, Bishop, Dozzell who Skuse can marshall as I think we'll carry on with 3 in the middle.

Disheartening that we're down but exciting to see how things develop.

The thing that keeps me going is that we've often played well but simply lacked a scorer - and goals are really all that count in terms of league position at the end of the day - literally!

I think we'll be fine - but I am a born optimist!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We need to find an identity. on 19:55 - Apr 13 with 712 viewslmfcblue

I think playing the diamond with Judge at the top of it with 2 forwards is the way to go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024