Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? 10:31 - Apr 24 with 15879 viewsArnieM

Someone suggested this on FB..... seems a good idea to me . At least it makes it a carnival atmosphere on top of an anticipated noisy one too. We all know we’re relegated . We can’t change that , so let’s go out on a high note and show the Country that ITFC fans have done class and are loyal.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:32 - Apr 24 with 2098 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:29 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

So when you said if we bring inflatables we'll just be helping Leeds celebrate their promotion, you made no such similar assumptions?

Pot kettle old chap.

Yes, the situation is dire. Might as well let the band play on I say.

Ok, maybe I should've put the word "could" in there! Jesus.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:36 - Apr 24 with 2083 viewsITFC_Forever

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:30 - Apr 24 by PJH

All that we are saying is that it looks very unlikely that Leeds will be coming to PR with a realistic chance of automatic-you said that that game will be their promotion party.

It is a fair assumption that Sheff U will beat us and if they do it is as good as over.

Certainly the Sheff U manager will be telling them that they still have work to do but if I was a Sheff U fan I would believe that my team was on the cusp of automatic.

As I said on another post I wish that both Sheff U and Leeds were going to go up automatically.

I can see Leeds beating Villa and us.... Villa are definitely in the POs, so may rotate their squad vs Leeds and Norwich (their final game, at home).

But Sheff U effectively have two hits at it - us on Saturday and Stoke the following week.

I can't believe for one moment that their tight defence and decent attack will struggle to beat us on Saturday.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:36 - Apr 24 with 2083 viewsSouperJim

All that we are saying is that it looks very unlikely that Leeds will be coming to PR with a realistic chance of automatic-you said that that game will be their promotion party.

It is a fair assumption that Sheff U will beat us and if they do it is as good as over.

Certainly the Sheff U manager will be telling them that they still have work to do but if I was a Sheff U fan I would believe that my team was on the cusp of automatic.

As I said on another post I wish that both Sheff U and Leeds were going to go up automatically.

I don't really give a monkeys what the scum do, but then I don't have to rub shoulders with any of them. My preference would be for Leeds to come to Portman Road with automatic within their grasp, only to be denied by Lambert's misfits (backed by an inflatables-filled North Stand). Scenes.

If Brixton comes he's not allowed to derive any enjoyment from it though, miserable so-and-so.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:37 - Apr 24 with 2082 viewsBrixtonBlue

I don't think I said it *will* be their promotion party, but I certainly should've said *might*.

I too would dearly love them both to be going up, obviously.

Certainly Sheff U ought to be beating us.... but football's a funny old game. If we sneak a draw then anything could happen.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:40 - Apr 24 with 2070 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:36 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

I don't really give a monkeys what the scum do, but then I don't have to rub shoulders with any of them. My preference would be for Leeds to come to Portman Road with automatic within their grasp, only to be denied by Lambert's misfits (backed by an inflatables-filled North Stand). Scenes.

If Brixton comes he's not allowed to derive any enjoyment from it though, miserable so-and-so.

I would LOVE that scenario - and would do regardless of inflatables!

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:41 - Apr 24 with 2069 viewsIllinoisblue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:10 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Erm, Leeds are 3 points behind automatic with 6 points available. Which table are you looking at?

are you new to football?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:42 - Apr 24 with 2066 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:30 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Again you're doing the thing you said *I'm* doing! No-one's going to "have a monk on for 90 minutes". Who said I'm "so disgruntled with the current state of affairs" either? It's typical TWTD exaggeration to make a point.

I've sang along in the North stand at what Lambert is trying to do, and I will do v Leeds. Inflatables have their place - they were great fun at Watford away a few years ago. I just think at home, after relegation, it's a bit much. Support the team, thank Lambert for his efforts - but inflatables, like we're celebrating relegation, makes us look a bit simple IMO.

Feel free to disagree without all the exaggeration.

You'll burst a blood vessel in a minute, I didn't say YOU were doing either. I was discussing the wider point within the thread and responding to those who suggested we shouldn't try and enjoy the game in one of the few ways left open to us.

FWIW, I think we're actually largely arguing a similar point about having a little balance, we just disagree about inflatable flamingos and whatnot.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:42 - Apr 24 with 2064 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:37 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

I don't think I said it *will* be their promotion party, but I certainly should've said *might*.

I too would dearly love them both to be going up, obviously.

Certainly Sheff U ought to be beating us.... but football's a funny old game. If we sneak a draw then anything could happen.

I agree that if we get something at Bramall Lane then our game the following week becomes huge again, if Leeds beat Villa.

Before Easter there seemed to be no doubt that the Leeds game would be huge but Leeds' results have made it a hell of a lot less likely.
Login to get fewer ads

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:45 - Apr 24 with 2056 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:41 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

are you new to football?

I'm guessing I've been watching it longer than you have.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:47 - Apr 24 with 2048 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:42 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

You'll burst a blood vessel in a minute, I didn't say YOU were doing either. I was discussing the wider point within the thread and responding to those who suggested we shouldn't try and enjoy the game in one of the few ways left open to us.

FWIW, I think we're actually largely arguing a similar point about having a little balance, we just disagree about inflatable flamingos and whatnot.

Why do people think I'm angry when I'm posting my views on here? What have I posted that makes me look angry?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:48 - Apr 24 with 2042 viewsslump

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:42 - Apr 24 by PJH

I agree that if we get something at Bramall Lane then our game the following week becomes huge again, if Leeds beat Villa.

Before Easter there seemed to be no doubt that the Leeds game would be huge but Leeds' results have made it a hell of a lot less likely.

Not that you probably need reminding, but it's very unlikely that we'll get anything from anywhere though

UTT

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 2035 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:47 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Why do people think I'm angry when I'm posting my views on here? What have I posted that makes me look angry?

I dunno, tone, use of asterisks and exclamation marks? Don't worry about it.

I do agree that in football, anything can happen. I will eat my own shoes if we get a point at Bramall Lane though. The players have packed up.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 2034 viewsslump

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:47 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

niggly

UTT

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:52 - Apr 24 with 2031 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:48 - Apr 24 by slump

Not that you probably need reminding, but it's very unlikely that we'll get anything from anywhere though

I am certainly not going there expecting to see anything other than a lot of happy people in red and white.

If we set out to play a bit less expansively (if one up front is expansive) then we might get something but I do not imagine that PL will set out to play any differently so that should give Sheff U all the chance they need to get the three points they want.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 15:06]
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:00 - Apr 24 with 2012 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:52 - Apr 24 by PJH

I am certainly not going there expecting to see anything other than a lot of happy people in red and white.

If we set out to play a bit less expansively (if one up front is expansive) then we might get something but I do not imagine that PL will set out to play any differently so that should give Sheff U all the chance they need to get the three points they want.

Terrific support to be going to Sheffield in the circumstances, I know it's unpopular on here but I have a soft spot for the Blades and Bramall Lane is a cracking ground. Hope you enjoy it one way or the other.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:02 - Apr 24 with 2002 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:51 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

I dunno, tone, use of asterisks and exclamation marks? Don't worry about it.

I do agree that in football, anything can happen. I will eat my own shoes if we get a point at Bramall Lane though. The players have packed up.

Asterisks and exclamation marks are merely for emphasis. They don't mean I'm going to burst a blood vessel!

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:02 - Apr 24 with 1998 viewsslump

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:52 - Apr 24 by PJH

Based on the game I saw the other day vs Forest. McGoldrick could well run us ragged unless we sort out that kin great gap between midfield and defence.

UTT

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:05 - Apr 24 with 1985 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:00 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

Terrific support to be going to Sheffield in the circumstances, I know it's unpopular on here but I have a soft spot for the Blades and Bramall Lane is a cracking ground. Hope you enjoy it one way or the other.

I have never had a dislike for them and it is a good ground.

Taricco certainly had a few flare up's with them though but he was good at having flare up's.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:07 - Apr 24 with 1977 viewsIllinoisblue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:45 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

I'm guessing I've been watching it longer than you have.

since 1987?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:09 - Apr 24 with 1973 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:05 - Apr 24 by PJH

I have never had a dislike for them and it is a good ground.

Taricco certainly had a few flare up's with them though but he was good at having flare up's.

I think many Town fans dislike them because of the Warnock years, had the opposite effect on me, I've admired them ever since as a result and think Colin is one of those characters you hate when you're up against him, but he's great when he's on your side. If I could go back in time and swap out one of Evans' weak appointments, Warnock would be top of my list.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:12 - Apr 24 with 1967 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:09 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

I think many Town fans dislike them because of the Warnock years, had the opposite effect on me, I've admired them ever since as a result and think Colin is one of those characters you hate when you're up against him, but he's great when he's on your side. If I could go back in time and swap out one of Evans' weak appointments, Warnock would be top of my list.

Yes, I have never had any dislike for Warnock either although I can understand why some people do have.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:13 - Apr 24 with 1963 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:09 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

Nope, goes back a bit earlier than that to a certain Mr Fjortoft...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:30 - Apr 24 with 1935 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:07 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

since 1987?

Yep, at least a decade before that.

But what's your point?

No-one's promoted yet, and Leeds still can be. Them's the only facts so far. And if you know football, you'll know anything can happen, and to assume anything is folly.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:35 - Apr 24 with 1926 viewsITFC_Forever

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:13 - Apr 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Nope, goes back a bit earlier than that to a certain Mr Fjortoft...

Bassett and Littlejohn in September 1992 was our first run-in with them...

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:36 - Apr 24 with 1921 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 15:30 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Yep, at least a decade before that.

But what's your point?

No-one's promoted yet, and Leeds still can be. Them's the only facts so far. And if you know football, you'll know anything can happen, and to assume anything is folly.

But your first post would appear to suggest that Leeds getting promoted at PR was likely whereas it is in fact unlikely.

Certainly not impossible but improbable.

I raise your "at least a decade" by about 20 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024