Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shopping in Florida tips 20:36 - May 12 with 1437 viewsbluelagos

Any tips on what / where for any last minute shopping bargains? Pound is cr*p so doubt it will be all that, but open to helpful suggestions from anyone who knows the score (Orlando and/or Miami)

Tia

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:18 - May 13 with 1317 viewsbluelagos

Bump

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:38 - May 13 with 1288 viewsJ2BLUE

More travelling BL? Looking to save a bit of cash by flying something thousands of miles? Think of your carbon footprint

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:46 - May 13 with 1278 viewsbluelagos

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:38 - May 13 by J2BLUE

More travelling BL? Looking to save a bit of cash by flying something thousands of miles? Think of your carbon footprint

More? Same trip J2. On my way home this week :-)

One way to minimise your CF is go take longer holidays, with fewer flights. Will stick to biking trips for the summer though.

That said, buying sh1t you dont need isnt wise, and given the lack of advice looks like I'll probably just be chilling the last few days...

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:47 - May 13 with 1273 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:46 - May 13 by bluelagos

One way to minimise your CF is go take longer holidays, with fewer flights. Will stick to biking trips for the summer though.

That said, buying sh1t you dont need isnt wise, and given the lack of advice looks like I'll probably just be chilling the last few days...

The premium outlets are usually a safe bet depending what you want, some good bargains to be found and there’s a couple around Orlando
Shopping in Florida tips on 12:50 - May 13 with 1266 viewsJ2BLUE

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:46 - May 13 by bluelagos

I assume you didn't walk from Peru to Florida?

I'm just messing with you anyway.

Truly impaired.

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:03 - May 13 with 1253 viewsbluelagos

Shopping in Florida tips on 12:50 - May 13 by J2BLUE

I assume you didn't walk from Peru to Florida?

I'm just messing with you anyway.

Spirit airlines. No road from Colombia to Panama and a cruise was about 3k ffs.

Been doing a bit of thinking on flights and wondering why they count to your CF given that the flight takes off whether you are on if or not. Or is the CF representative of additional weight from your person / luggage?

If not, then surely there is no,additional CF? Though that argument then means the only way to reduce the CF from flights is to reduce the number of flights. Or fewer but bigger planes? So much to think about...

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:09 - May 13 with 1238 viewsStokieBlue

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:03 - May 13 by bluelagos

Spirit airlines. No road from Colombia to Panama and a cruise was about 3k ffs.

Been doing a bit of thinking on flights and wondering why they count to your CF given that the flight takes off whether you are on if or not. Or is the CF representative of additional weight from your person / luggage?

If not, then surely there is no,additional CF? Though that argument then means the only way to reduce the CF from flights is to reduce the number of flights. Or fewer but bigger planes? So much to think about...

That's looks an awful lot like motivated reasoning....

Your flights were bad, I suspect that's why many took issue at your original post which did seem a tad superior. It doesn't mean you didn't raise a very valid point which people should be discussing.

As for the actual question, it's dependent on the weight of the plane. The more weight then more fuel needed. Obviously there is an economy of scale, if you are the only passenger on a 747 then it's massively worse for your CF than if you are one of 450.

SB
[Post edited 13 May 2019 13:10]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:22 - May 13 with 1213 viewsbluelagos

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:09 - May 13 by StokieBlue

That's looks an awful lot like motivated reasoning....

Your flights were bad, I suspect that's why many took issue at your original post which did seem a tad superior. It doesn't mean you didn't raise a very valid point which people should be discussing.

As for the actual question, it's dependent on the weight of the plane. The more weight then more fuel needed. Obviously there is an economy of scale, if you are the only passenger on a 747 then it's massively worse for your CF than if you are one of 450.

SB
[Post edited 13 May 2019 13:10]

Yeah, think your right.

As for my original post, i welcomed the fact that a lot of highly ,principled youngsters were,standing up and saying enough is enough ref climate change.

That i did that whilst on holiday, well if people choose to use that as a bat to ignore the point that is their perogative i guess....some might call it 'motivated reasoning' 😀

Login to get fewer ads

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:31 - May 13 with 1191 viewsJ2BLUE

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:22 - May 13 by bluelagos

Yeah, think your right.

As for my original post, i welcomed the fact that a lot of highly ,principled youngsters were,standing up and saying enough is enough ref climate change.

That i did that whilst on holiday, well if people choose to use that as a bat to ignore the point that is their perogative i guess....some might call it 'motivated reasoning' 😀

Not to drag it up again or have a go at you but they were threatening to close down an airport when people had 4 days off to travel. You've been gone what seems like months?

It's just having a little empathy.

Truly impaired.

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:42 - May 13 with 1157 viewsbluelagos

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:31 - May 13 by J2BLUE

Not to drag it up again or have a go at you but they were threatening to close down an airport when people had 4 days off to travel. You've been gone what seems like months?

It's just having a little empathy.

Of course I'd feel empathy for those who maybe missed a family holiday.

But i guess that they might argue that the environmental emergency our planet is facing outweighs the (undoubted) inconvience / distruption they were causing.

The methods of direct action has been used by many over the years (Women's voting rights, anti apartheid protests, civil rights in America) and I'd argue is fully justified when the alternatives fail to get anywhere...

Anyhow I dont think we are ever going to agree on the rights n wrongs of the protesters. Best agree to disagree rather than start another 10 pager.

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:44 - May 13 with 1148 viewsJ2BLUE

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:42 - May 13 by bluelagos

But i guess that they might argue that the environmental emergency our planet is facing outweighs the (undoubted) inconvience / distruption they were causing.

The methods of direct action has been used by many over the years (Women's voting rights, anti apartheid protests, civil rights in America) and I'd argue is fully justified when the alternatives fail to get anywhere...

Anyhow I dont think we are ever going to agree on the rights n wrongs of the protesters. Best agree to disagree rather than start another 10 pager.

Agreed enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Truly impaired.

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:51 - May 13 with 1128 viewsStokieBlue

Shopping in Florida tips on 13:42 - May 13 by bluelagos

I think the point here is it's very easy to agree to something disruptive if it's after you've had a chance to do the thing that would have been disrupted. To many (including me when you posted it) it looked hugely hypocritical to post that thread saying people should get on board with the message whilst sitting in South America having literally just wracked up your CF. It was a bit "do as I say, not as I do".

As I've said though, it doesn't mean that they don't have a very good point and that the discussion shouldn't be highlighted. I don't think anyone had any issue with the point you raised, just the optics.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024