Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kick boxing 16:55 - Jun 24 with 636 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Does anyone on here do it? I'm going to a class tonight and I have no idea what to expect, other than probably being sick at some point.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Kick boxing on 16:59 - Jun 24 with 632 viewsMullet

Thai or Western? Will all depend on the club and instructor as to how the session is run and what they focus on. Some will make it basically circuit training with some boshing of pads at the end, some will be very technical and skill focused.

I'd expect to feel awkward, clumsy, self-conscious and unfit relative to your prior sporting achievements and current fitness levels. But let that not bother you, it's fun like nothing else once you get over that bit and give it a few weeks.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kick boxing on 17:09 - Jun 24 with 616 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Kick boxing on 16:59 - Jun 24 by Mullet

Thai or Western? Will all depend on the club and instructor as to how the session is run and what they focus on. Some will make it basically circuit training with some boshing of pads at the end, some will be very technical and skill focused.

I'd expect to feel awkward, clumsy, self-conscious and unfit relative to your prior sporting achievements and current fitness levels. But let that not bother you, it's fun like nothing else once you get over that bit and give it a few weeks.

Western. Apparently there is a fitness element but the main focus of the class is on the boxing itself.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Kick boxing on 17:30 - Jun 24 with 592 viewsdirtyboy

Kick boxing on 17:09 - Jun 24 by ThisIsMyUsername

Western. Apparently there is a fitness element but the main focus of the class is on the boxing itself.

I did Muay Thai.......for about 3 weeks.

I did Judo from ...birth to about 10, then to Ju-Jitsu till I was 14, then Wing-Chun until I was 23 ish....I was about 16 and rocked up at this Muay Thai place in Lowestoft.

I did about 3 weeks I think, I was okay ish, so the guy running it (big scary dude with tattoos threw me in some sparring (headgear)...first 30 seconds I was awesome, then I go sparked out clean lol

Didn't bother going back, realised I'm happy dishing out but... "literally" couldn't take it back lol!

So...have fun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024