Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... 10:09 - Aug 16 with 3656 viewsSomethingBlue

... is it just one League One-hardened striker and then we're done? I think so; a winger would be nice but with Edwards coming back and Dobra looking as if he might be a good bench option the need isn't as urgent. Could always strike a deal with Grant Ward down the line if we're really stuck. Seems to me that KVY + striker = squad that really should go up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 12:31 - Aug 16 with 334 viewsFenboyBlue

I think V-Y + striker is all that Evans is willing to pay for at this moment in time. He's hoping that a back line of V-Y, Chambo, Wolfie & Ken gets solid & reliable for a whole season. It's a big assumption they'll all stay injury free though and I wouldn't want to push Wolfie playing every game. I think he's hoping our promotion winning team is all present already when everyone comes back from injury. Realistically for each player coming back and being on form, we'll lose someone else to injury. It looks like he's not taking any big gambles this season but making sure he doesn't make significant losses.
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 14:09 - Aug 16 with 290 viewsitfcjoe

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:43 - Aug 16 by Mullet

I'm guessing Elliott is linked to the Bart deal in that we're going to get favourable terms for him. He doesn't excite much, the bloke blagging Leon Clarke had the right idea.

However, I wonder if we'll end up with someone like Kazaiah Sterling or Tyrese Campbell if their clubs want to get them out there. That sort of loan for six months seems common at Div 3 and we then have players coming back.

Sterling has signed for Donny I think

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024