Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? 15:52 - Aug 22 with 6283 viewsIllinoisblue

Playing basically a youth team, manager just quit, club in crisis, conceding an average of 3 goals per game. Let in 5 to Tranmere and 5 to Rochdale, have failed to score in three of their four games.

"Along come Ipswich" does not apply here. This has to be a nailed on away win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 13:13 - Aug 23 with 669 viewsBent_double

If we did tear them a new one and go 5 or 6-nil up, would Lambert be right in telling our players to ease off, or just carry on, see how many we can score?

Normally I'd say ease off, but there are 3 clubs I'd absolutely love us to score double figures against: Manure and Noj for obvious reasons, and Bolton just so they have something other than the PO semi to hate us for for the next 20 years.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 15:22 - Aug 23 with 619 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 13:08 - Aug 23 by The_Major

Didn't we play Dagenham & Redbridge at home in the Cup when they were still non-league and we were in the Prem? You'd like to think that was pretty nailed on.

Interesting (sorta) story about that.

Knowing I was an ipswich fan when I did my first work experience spell at Dagenham in 2013 (ish), the Dagenham chairman gave me a signed Dagenham v Ipswich memorabilia polo shirt at the the end of the month.

I still have it to this day safely put away. Thought it was a really nice touch.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 15:39 - Aug 23 with 609 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 13:13 - Aug 23 by Bent_double

If we did tear them a new one and go 5 or 6-nil up, would Lambert be right in telling our players to ease off, or just carry on, see how many we can score?

Normally I'd say ease off, but there are 3 clubs I'd absolutely love us to score double figures against: Manure and Noj for obvious reasons, and Bolton just so they have something other than the PO semi to hate us for for the next 20 years.

Said as much on another thread the other day but if the opportunity arises I really want us to go for it rather than take our foot off the gas

I think talk of 6+ is excessive (and could well look silly come 4:45 tomorrow) but IF we’re winning fairly comfortably in the second half (ie. 2-0, 3-0) I’d like to think we’ll show no mercy and try and add a couple more rather than going through the motions

Will be good for the GD, but more importantly it should help build some real momentum on what has been a solid if unspectacular start to the season

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 15:53 - Aug 23 with 593 viewsNaylorsboots

We mustnt be complacent. We need to be professional. Then once we have done the basics, then perhaps we can go for it. Although being Ipswich it will probably be 1-1
Bolton - the only game in living memory that we absolutely should win? on 16:33 - Aug 23 with 573 viewsTheBoyBlue

In theory. But we hardly ever win comfortably. Indeed, until this season we hardly won at all. So I don't think we of all teams can expect a walkover.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024