Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cricket 17:22 - Aug 22 with 7285 viewsHerbivore

Not going great. The conditions meant bowling was the right call for me and we've been a bit unlucky with the rain delays but the last hour or so our bowling and fielding have been poor. I think the Aussies will be pretty happy thus far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The cricket on 21:32 - Aug 23 with 488 viewsgainsboroughblue

The cricket on 21:21 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

I'd say you have now been proven "not guilty", & may return to this forum during future Test matches without a stain on your character!

I now dream of us being 50-4.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The cricket on 21:39 - Aug 23 with 477 viewsRyorry

The cricket on 21:32 - Aug 23 by gainsboroughblue

I now dream of us being 50-4.

Yeah, I thought of you when we were about 34/4!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The cricket on 21:50 - Aug 23 with 472 viewsgordon

The cricket on 20:42 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

Comment made on TMS (by Vaughan? or possibly Boycs, can't remember) that when batting the morning session at Headingley, no-one should be driving or trying to play extravagant strokes, simply play it safe and wait till after lunch. You'd think Root of all people would realise that.

The shot Stokes was playing to get out was just too horrible for words.

Most fun of the day was probably Jofra rescuing a beach ball for the fans from a steward's grasp!

Agreed - to be fair Root was out defending a really good ball - but you'd hope he'd said something like that to the rest of them. On TMS they were getting carried away with Roy after one good shot - 'an hour of Roy at the crease, a run-a-ball 70 and England will be in a great position etc etc.'

It was a morning for not playing any shots, get to lunch at 60-2, and then hope it gets a bit easier.
The cricket on 22:01 - Aug 23 with 467 viewsgainsboroughblue

The cricket on 21:50 - Aug 23 by gordon

Agreed - to be fair Root was out defending a really good ball - but you'd hope he'd said something like that to the rest of them. On TMS they were getting carried away with Roy after one good shot - 'an hour of Roy at the crease, a run-a-ball 70 and England will be in a great position etc etc.'

It was a morning for not playing any shots, get to lunch at 60-2, and then hope it gets a bit easier.

I'd quite like someone from the ECB to come out and explain how they intend to help our first class system produce actual test match batsmen with test match mindsets.

The 4 day game is becoming more and more marginalised and rather than get some four day matches in the schedule in and around an important test series, we have another unnecessary 20 over competition beginning next year.

Edit. The Hundred isn't T20 but you get my point.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 22:07]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The cricket on 22:45 - Aug 23 with 439 viewsCoastalblue

The cricket on 22:01 - Aug 23 by gainsboroughblue

I'd quite like someone from the ECB to come out and explain how they intend to help our first class system produce actual test match batsmen with test match mindsets.

The 4 day game is becoming more and more marginalised and rather than get some four day matches in the schedule in and around an important test series, we have another unnecessary 20 over competition beginning next year.

Edit. The Hundred isn't T20 but you get my point.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 22:07]

It's not going to happen, and to a degree I'm not sure you can blame the players.

If you were the next Alistair Cook coming through the system now I'm guessing it's highly unlikely you'd get a contract, if you can't bat in T20 (T100 if you like) and are limited use in 50 overs games then the Counties are unlikely to want to nurture you.

Why waste money on someone who's not going to feature in the forms of the game that earn the counties money? Few of them are sustainable anyway.

I truly fear for the longer formats of the game, despite the fact if you do find your way to becoming a cricket fan then there is very little to compare.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024