Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The demise of Bolton & Bury 18:57 - Aug 27 with 4417 viewsLeaky

Is it time for true football fans to boycott Sky., Match of the day any premier league programs until there is a fairer distribution of tv money down through the leagues. I have followed posts on this board & face book with fans all wishing Bury & Bolton all the best wishes that they survive. All from EFL clubs I havn't seen one from a fan of a premier league team. Ok most have never even been to a live football game but I feel now is the time for true foolball fans to make a stand. I also recognise that a lot of problems are self inflicted ie. chancing the premier league dream. In reality the wealth you gain from premier league riches is spent on silly money required to stay in it
The demise of Bolton & Bury on 09:09 - Aug 28 with 564 viewsMattinLondon

The demise of Bolton & Bury on 19:07 - Aug 27 by Leaky

Town did very well out of the Premier league we actually just missed on Champions league. however we still went into administration would have seen town go to the wall.

I could well be wrong but I don’t think we as a club received that much money from sky.

Wwee parachute payments around then?
The demise of Bolton & Bury on 09:53 - Aug 28 with 554 viewsGeoffSentence

The demise of Bolton & Bury on 19:07 - Aug 27 by Leaky

Town did very well out of the Premier league we actually just missed on Champions league. however we still went into administration would have seen town go to the wall.

Our circumstances were very different. There were no parachute payments in those days. We were the last club to be relegated from teh Premier League without parachute payments. As ususual we timed it very badly. All three relegated clubs went into admin that year.

Bolton had also had 11 years of ever increasing pay outs from the premier league. We had two seasons in it.

I find it unbelievable that after 11 seasons in the premier league and with 4 seasons of parachute payments that Bolton could be on the verge of going under so quickly. They must have been very, very badly managed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The demise of Bolton & Bury on 09:57 - Aug 28 with 553 viewsBent_double

The demise of Bolton & Bury on 22:31 - Aug 27 by RIPbobby

Football did try and sort itself out with Financial Fair Play, but it just did not work.

I think it is working - just. Most clubs in L1/L2 apart from the obvious 2 atm do abide by the rules and live within their means, I suppose in a way what is happening to Bury/Bolton will re-enforce the stance of owners like ME not to spend silly amounts of money either on promotion this season or staying in the Champ next season.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The demise of Bolton & Bury on 10:17 - Aug 28 with 534 viewsclive_baker

Only saw this after I posted about cancelling my subscription. Yes, I've done just that. Fk them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The demise of Bolton & Bury on 11:24 - Aug 28 with 510 viewsusm

Clubs will still push the financial limits to the extreme and beyond. Thats why neither Bury or Bolton should be bailed out.

The leagues need to have a very serious look at football finances and apply much stricter regulations - buying a club for £1 for example is a fairly clear indication that a club has financial issues and should be investigated.

Perhaps all player contracts /budgets need to be independently verified as being viable or not.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024