Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium:MK Screens 09:55 - Sep 19 with 1654 viewsmattelliot

Anyone else find that when the 4 huge screens advertised anything with a white background it changed the whole scenery and colour in the pitch?

Found it rather irritating and still fail to find use for those things unless they put highly of the game in them.
Stadium:MK Screens on 10:00 - Sep 19 with 1597 viewsbrazil1982

I loathe screens when the match is on, you can't help but look at them. Very distracting.
Stadium:MK Screens on 10:01 - Sep 19 with 1588 viewsNW10_Tractor

That stadium has so much potential. Theose giant screens could be used to show replays of events that happened during the game. To give it credit, it was one of the better stadia I have been to...

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Stadium:MK Screens on 10:02 - Sep 19 with 1578 viewsTractorCam

Yep, you could sure notice it get brighter/darker depending on what ad was showing, very unnecessary.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Stadium:MK Screens on 10:03 - Sep 19 with 1579 viewsitfcjoe

Yeah and the advertising boards, they just messed with my eyes when they went white.

Also how can Carey Pensions be the official Stadium pension provider, it just seems a strange term

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stadium:MK Screens on 10:07 - Sep 19 with 1541 viewsGuthrum

Yes, it was quite disconcering at first.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stadium:MK Screens on 10:12 - Sep 19 with 1508 viewshatch

They lit up the singing section of Town fans nicely though...
Stadium:MK Screens on 10:13 - Sep 19 with 1501 viewsbefxblue

The company being advertised must love lots of extra time too, as I spent the last 7 minutes glancing up and thinking I wish they'd take the advert off and show me a clock. Very sneaky.
Stadium:MK Screens on 10:21 - Sep 19 with 1469 viewsArnieM

I found the whole stadium full of unnecessary light intrusion tbh.
I am photophobic , (due to previous eye operations) and will often use a parked cap at PR to keep the floodlights out of my eyes ( as well as the sun on Saturdays obviously) . Unfortunately I forgot to take it Tuesday night and so really struggled.

However the whole stadium seemed to have irritating light . Electronic advertising boards... strobe lights (?) being used on the far side of the pitch in the boxes, the four giant screens which were basically used for advertising ( there was very little by way of match information in a clear , large enough format to be able to read) ie the score !! The match time played !! subs name, goal scorers name . Effing ridiculous !!

So for me whilst I thought the stadium ( if ever was full) would be awesome, my overall experience of THE GAME, was very poor .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium:MK Screens on 10:27 - Sep 19 with 1433 viewsbahri

The P.A. system was awful. To loud therefore distorted.

redandella

Stadium:MK Screens on 10:28 - Sep 19 with 1423 viewsBluebell

Stadium:MK Screens on 10:07 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

Yes, it was quite disconcering at first.

Agreed.

I asked my son if they kept dimming the lights and he said it was the screens.

Really annoying and I wonder if it affected the players.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 10:38]
Stadium:MK Screens on 10:36 - Sep 19 with 1395 viewsSWGF

When it flashed to the white advert is was really disconcerting. Could be difficult for the keepers if it changed at an inopportune moment, should they catch it out the corner of their eye.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024