Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This seems quite an odd stance to me 10:36 - Nov 6 with 524 viewsStokieBlue

XR protesters have said all along they are willing and even ready to be arrested so why would they want to sue the Met for false imprisonment?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/06/police-ban-on-extinction-reb

Surely that's just taking money away from important things the Met needs to do - given their push for social responsibility it seems rather self-defeating.

They have won the ruling which will be important going forward.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This seems quite an odd stance to me on 10:44 - Nov 6 with 498 viewsHerbivore

The right to protest is massively important. We should be more worried that the Met, no doubt at the government's behest, attempted to unlawfully shut down peaceful protest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This seems quite an odd stance to me on 10:48 - Nov 6 with 489 viewsDarth_Koont

I think that's the tactic even going back to the civil rights movement. By swamping the authorities and the system you force the "establishment" to intervene when it could otherwise just look the other way after a normal march.

Which seems fair enough.

Pronouns: He/Him

This seems quite an odd stance to me on 10:50 - Nov 6 with 476 viewspointofblue

That’s just what the police need now though, considering their budgets - being sued after the amount of manpower and time the protests took up as well.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This seems quite an odd stance to me on 11:10 - Nov 6 with 434 viewsCoachRob

Agreed does seem a bit self-defeating and petty given the important of the issue they are campaigning on. XR will make mistakes so it is important that those outside of XR continue to carry their message.

Here is the document which over 11,000 scientists have signed.

https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/advance-article/doi/10.1093/biosci/biz088/56
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024