Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... 10:08 - Feb 8 with 1040 viewsBLUEBEAT

....but wasn’t one of them based around playing attractive football?

Irrelevant of league, I am finding myself increasing bored with ITFC’s ‘style’ of play, which is almost akin to MaximumMickâ„¢ era.

This is my only whinge of the week.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 10:26]

Poll: W or W

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 10:14 - Feb 8 with 1020 viewsDubtractor

One of the (many) annoying things with the Peterborough game, is that until Garbutt went off we were playing some decent football, neat passing, getting into promising positions, all the good stuff.

That we capitulated so dramatically was remarkable.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 10:23 - Feb 8 with 991 viewsGuthrum

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 10:14 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

One of the (many) annoying things with the Peterborough game, is that until Garbutt went off we were playing some decent football, neat passing, getting into promising positions, all the good stuff.

That we capitulated so dramatically was remarkable.

We don't have very many technically creative players in midfield. Huws was out, we lost Garbutt early on. Edwards and Nolan don't really cut it enough of the time (neither does Dozzell). Judge is too erratic. Who does that leave for the intricate play?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 12:56 - Feb 8 with 889 viewsstrikalite

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 10:23 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

We don't have very many technically creative players in midfield. Huws was out, we lost Garbutt early on. Edwards and Nolan don't really cut it enough of the time (neither does Dozzell). Judge is too erratic. Who does that leave for the intricate play?

Dozz has a great touch, can receive the ball in limited space, one touch little balls etc, but often we're not good enough to keep giving it to him, Kenlock is dreadful at this, Wilson is on a par with him, Chambers is no nonsense stuff, we have some decent touch midfielders really but it's our defence that's the problem...
I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:10 - Feb 8 with 874 viewsunstableblue

Did yo go to the Accrington and Lincoln games? Really really attractive football, joy to watch. We just can’t do it against better teams.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:37 - Feb 8 with 848 viewsjas0999

We’ve been very inconsistent this season. Seen more attractive football this season than we have in other years. But we have also seen some utter dross - like last week after we went behind.

The main issue appears to be the better sides stop us playing i.e. Rotherham.
I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:41 - Feb 8 with 836 viewsPecker

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:37 - Feb 8 by jas0999

We’ve been very inconsistent this season. Seen more attractive football this season than we have in other years. But we have also seen some utter dross - like last week after we went behind.

The main issue appears to be the better sides stop us playing i.e. Rotherham.

We haven't got a plan B or C. Good teams will always work us out.
I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:42 - Feb 8 with 833 viewsjas0999

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:41 - Feb 8 by Pecker

Agreed.
I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 14:33 - Feb 8 with 799 viewsBLUEBEAT

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:10 - Feb 8 by unstableblue

Did yo go to the Accrington and Lincoln games? Really really attractive football, joy to watch. We just can’t do it against better teams.

True. If it clicks, all good but consistency is a big part of an attractive footballing policy (think of the 99/00 squad). We currently have a panic mode button that doesn’t seem to re-set.

Login to get fewer ads

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 14:34 - Feb 8 with 798 viewsBLUEBEAT

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 13:41 - Feb 8 by Pecker

This in a nutshell.

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 15:04 - Feb 8 with 775 viewsSwansea_Blue

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 10:23 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

Or anyone to start it off at the back. Chambers and Wilson especially aren’t anywhere near comfortable enough in possession to be a platform to build a passing game on. Woolfie, although good, isn’t quite as good at that side of the games people think either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I forget all the Marcus Evans 5 point/year plans..... on 15:11 - Feb 8 with 767 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have we got a plan A? Genuine question, as we seem to play differently each time I see us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024