Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) 10:51 - Feb 8 with 1401 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 11:21 - Feb 8 with 1371 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I posted the same a couple of days ago fao Gavin but got no response. iPhone using Safari and only on the TWTD site for me. “Do you want to download Index.html” popup. Still happening.
Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 11:25 - Feb 8 with 1364 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 11:21 - Feb 8 by SouthBucksBlue

I posted the same a couple of days ago fao Gavin but got no response. iPhone using Safari and only on the TWTD site for me. “Do you want to download Index.html” popup. Still happening.

Delete history was the answer I think.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 11:32 - Feb 8 with 1357 viewsPhilTWTD

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 11:21 - Feb 8 by SouthBucksBlue

I did point the post in Gav's direction but he must have forgotten to get back to you. We don't have an index.html page so he thought it was probably a rogue ad that's been slipped in. Try the link below to see whether that sorts it.
Privacy Popup by GavTWTD 11 May 2019 11:15
If you're still having a problem with the privacy popup, this link should clear your cookies and fix the problem:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/page/clearcookies

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 12:47 - Feb 8 with 1315 viewsGavTWTD

What devices is this happening on?

As I said to Phil my suspicion is that this is a rogue advert coming from a server that hasn't been configured correctly. It should display index.html but as the server doesn't understand the instruction it asks you to download it instead.

I just Googled it and seems to be a common issue on Apple devices. Certainly not restricted to here.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 1274 viewsSitfcB

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 12:47 - Feb 8 by GavTWTD

As I said to Phil my suspicion is that this is a rogue advert coming from a server that hasn't been configured correctly. It should display index.html but as the server doesn't understand the instruction it asks you to download it instead.

I just Googled it and seems to be a common issue on Apple devices. Certainly not restricted to here.

Happening on iPhone.

Happened twice on this thread funnily enough.

No link to C+P like usual.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 13:44 - Feb 8 with 1256 viewsBluefish

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 12:47 - Feb 8 by GavTWTD

I'm on a Samsung S9

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 14:27 - Feb 8 with 1234 viewsnoggin

Why does my phone keep trying to download an index on twtd? (n/t) on 11:25 - Feb 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Delete history was the answer I think.

This worked for me.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024