Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Path to the playoffs 15:50 - Feb 12 with 6981 viewsJimInGreensboro

We'll need at least 25 points from here on out for a chance at the playoffs. Hard to imagine, but things will actually get worse before they get better. Hang on, though, because we are in for a wild ride to the finish. Here's how I see it:

We have 13 matches remaining, 9 at home and 4 away. We've been poor at home and we will continue that trend for our first four home matches, winning just one. If you think the cries for Lambo's scalp are loud now, wait for the deafening roars to come. However, things will right themselves dramatically as we face much softer sides towards the end of the home schedule (Southend, Bolton, Rochdale, Dons). In all, we'll win 5, draw 3 and lose 1 at home from here on out, earning 18 points.

Our away schedule features 4 clubs presently behind us, Doncaster's games in-hand notwithstanding. We'll win 2, draw one and lose one, producing 7 points.

In all, we'll get 25 points, finishing with 74. That might just get us into 6th.

Game-by-game details:

Home (18 points)

Burton 1
Oxford 1
Fleetwood Town 3
Coventry City 0
Portsmouth 1
Southend H 3
Bolton H 3
Rochdale H 3
MK Dons H 3

Away points (7)

Blackpool 3
Bristol 1
Shrewsbury 3
Doncaster 0

Path to the playoffs on 10:12 - Feb 13 with 1157 viewsKeaneish

Path to the playoffs on 08:56 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I stand corrected - I probably should have done the actual maths rather than taking a 6am glance and thinking ‘that feels like they’ll be under 74’!

That said I still think history suggests it won’t be quite that high, but I guess it could be a freak season

Who'd have thought Burton at home mid February would have ever been a must win!? Seems like it is. Well done PL

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Path to the playoffs on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 1149 viewsPecker

For all of my positivity, I think Tuesdays result was a real kick in the balls for us. I would still hope to make top 2 or playoffs, but I must admit, it would take a real turn around in form to do this. I think it will be because of others falling away, rather than our performance, that will determine the outcome.
Path to the playoffs on 12:27 - Feb 13 with 1120 viewsKeaneish

Path to the playoffs on 10:20 - Feb 13 by Pecker

For all of my positivity, I think Tuesdays result was a real kick in the balls for us. I would still hope to make top 2 or playoffs, but I must admit, it would take a real turn around in form to do this. I think it will be because of others falling away, rather than our performance, that will determine the outcome.

Looking at those point calculations, i think its going to need to be a combination of both. This is going to go to the wire by the looks of it but Cov and Pomepy at home are now must wins.

Path to the playoffs on 13:26 - Feb 13 with 1077 viewsr2d2

Path to the playoffs on 10:20 - Feb 13 by Pecker

Others falling away, isnt that us?
Path to the playoffs on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 1038 viewsJimInGreensboro

I stand corrected - I probably should have done the actual maths rather than taking a 6am glance and thinking ‘that feels like they’ll be under 74’!

That said I still think history suggests it won’t be quite that high, but I guess it could be a freak season

Not a freak season, mate. Last year, Doncaster had 73 points and finished 6th.
Path to the playoffs on 05:35 - Feb 14 with 983 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Path to the playoffs on 18:23 - Feb 13 by JimInGreensboro

Not a freak season, mate. Last year, Doncaster had 73 points and finished 6th.

They also played 46 games

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Path to the playoffs on 06:23 - Feb 14 with 965 viewsjayessess

Presumably an effect of no-one truly bossing the division?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Path to the playoffs on 18:20 - Feb 15 with 903 viewsJimInGreensboro

Path to the playoffs on 16:13 - Feb 12 by Keaneish

I have it slightly different primarily because some of these games are do or die unlike recent big fixtures and the bigger players at our club will find that little bit extra even if they have been bobbins for a while:

Game-by-game details - 26 points in total.

Home (21 points)

Burton 3
Oxford 3
Fleetwood Town 1
Coventry City 1
Portsmouth 3
Southend H 3
Bolton H 3
Rochdale H 1
MK Dons H 3

Away points (5 points)

Blackpool 1
Bristol Rovers 1
Shrewsbury 3
Doncaster 0

So far so good, Keanish!
Login to get fewer ads

Path to the playoffs on 21:18 - Feb 15 with 841 viewsKeaneish

Path to the playoffs on 18:20 - Feb 15 by JimInGreensboro

So far so good, Keanish!

23 more points to go! I hope I’m not going to regret doing this as an accumulator! Might check the odds out now...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024