Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to have the personnel playing... 21:21 - Feb 15 with 4465 viewsitfcjoe

...that could easily switch systems during the game today, think we actually looked better second half when we were 4 at the back as allowed Garbutt and Judge to affect the game in more forward positions.

Keane dropping in left us looking similar to our better spell at back end of last season in the Championship

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 08:18 - Feb 16 with 405 viewsReuser_is_God

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:08 - Feb 15 by unstableblue

I missed the game today Joe. Thanks for insights.

Such a necessary performance and 3 points.

Oxford will be a whole different ball game; I thought they looked very good on the ball, even in the monsoon.

Are you saying Chambo went to right back and Edwards moved into right wing?

How was Bishop in his cameo? And did Earl look better than Wilson?

Thanks

Oxford have lost a couple of their better players since that game.

Went to a back 4 of Edwards, Chambers, Woolf & Earl

Bishop good, had one very good run which almost resulted in him scoring a great goal.

Earl looked a lot better than he did on Tuesday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 08:54 - Feb 16 with 361 viewsPJH

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 07:55 - Feb 16 by lazyblue

Nolan, is a good player and one of the reasons today we used the ball so much better, take it you missed the pass which Judge nearly scored with.

About 80% of Nolan's passes are over a distance of about two yards and usually to someone behind him.

Once every three or four games he does play a good forward pass and as you say he played one of those yesterday.

He cannot tackle so someone first has to get the ball to give to him so that he can give it to someone else six feet away.

I think he is wasting a place in the team when you could have someone in there that contributes much more instead.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 09:25 - Feb 16 with 334 viewsChrisd

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:33 - Feb 15 by DublinBlue84

Keane got a load of abuse from around me for most of the match from a bunch of jokers who were constantly saying how much better Norwood was and he wouldn't miss the chances that Keane did, clearly they had a terribly strong case of amnesia.

Earl looked a good find today as well, he's clearly movable around from left back to left centre back and certainly gives us a few more options. Still not convinced totally on Edwards defensively and felt Woolfenden was off his game a bit but generally not too much to moan about.

Let's not forget, we've been complaining that we don't create enough genuine goal-scoring opportunities. That could've been 8-1, so that was very encouraging. Oxford United, next weekend, will be another good test.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 09:38 - Feb 16 with 315 viewsitfcjoe

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 07:55 - Feb 16 by lazyblue

Nolan, is a good player and one of the reasons today we used the ball so much better, take it you missed the pass which Judge nearly scored with.

That was Downes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 09:53 - Feb 16 with 303 viewsstrikalite

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 00:26 - Feb 16 by clive_baker

For me I think we just play better when we have better footballers on the field, it’s relatively straight forward.

Wilson is a reliable enough stopper but he’s awful with the ball. Although I’m not convinced Earl is a great deal better with the ball, he’s naturally left sided which frees up Woolfy on the right and Chambers in the central role. Garbutt makes the world of difference at left back or further forward at left midfield, and Earl left back. Edwards isn’t much of a defender, but he’s a much better footballer than Donacien. Getting KVY back there will be a huge win.

In midfield, I rate Huws but we’re better without him. He slows the game down too much and isn’t close to the player he was pre injury yet. Judge has quality that most of our midfield don’t. Him and Downes should be the constants there.

We looked a lot better today and long may it continue. Oxford home next, another 3 points please and let’s get a run going.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 0:29]

Been our problem for a long time, even under MM with the likes of Iorfa and Spence etc we've had players especially at the back who simply don't have any composure on the ball, don't feel comfortable on receiving it in tight areas, when you have decent ball players showing for it(a mention to Andre here, wasting his time now, listen Jason)and it's just being sent long far too often then we just become a scrappy long ball side constantly relying on the second balls and opposition mistakes, of course sometimes you have to(press)but so many times a short ball is on and we know the players who don't see it.....because they're not good enough..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024